Skip to main content

Silicone Valley Review

Sooo i was super excited about this show and for good reason. It's got the funniest cast in the world... Written and Directed by Mike Judge who I'm obsessed with.. So yeah this was all good stuffs.

Now I have to say... There was a lot of technical nerd jargon I didn't understand. It's not that it wasn't funny, it just wasn't LOL every moment. I was kind of expecting lots of LOL, and there was a lot of LOL, but it wasn't overwhelming. It wasn't quite Office Space... But it wasn't far from it.

I also totally thought that Kumail Nanjiani was the lead and I was surprised he wasn't. I think the show is slightly better that way because I think he adds a lot of funny moments. He's great, there are a lot of people that are UCB on it and I think that they were all super SUPER funny together. All great. Like I said, they cast the funniest people on the show which is great.

It's a genuinely good story and I'm looking forward to watching other episodes... But I'm not totally sure about it. But just cause I didn't laugh my butt off doesn't mean it isn't good and that you won't laugh your butt off. The pilot was really good and there aren't usually that many good pilots. I liked it. I'm excited. I recommend to anyone that likes Mike Judge or any really nerdy comedy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...