Skip to main content

Man Crush Monday- Stephen Colbert

I  can't believe I haven't posted this yet... but guys I love Stephen Colbert. He is my favorite late night talk show host, I absolutely love his satire, I think he's a really good person that deserves good things and I cannot wait to see him host The Late Show.

I'm definitely going to miss The Colbert Report. It is definitely my favorite late night talk show, I always look forward to watching The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and @ Midnight, I've been doing that a lot lately and I just really love it. I really love that he has his own character that can say and do sooo many ridiculous things and I really don't think that anyone can do a satire the way that Colbert does. He really is the best.

I also have to say that I love the way that Stephen defended himself after the Cancel Colbert controversy. He handled it really well, he didn't apologize, he said not to attack the girl. He pointed out the truth that was ridiculous about the original report that got him under fire in the first place, and some of the ridiculous things that the people that were offended by the tweet also did. He also even said the joke again, and it was still hilarious and he pointed out some far FAR more offensive things that he has said and its just super super funny.

I still really want him to run for president. I think that the world really needs a Colbert-Stewart office and that in general comedians are the smartest people in the world and Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart are probably the two smartest comedians that there are.

I'm also going to mention my man crush on Jon Stewart because of the Bromance between the two. I don't think anyone was happier for Stephen Colbert getting the Late Show than Jon Stewart. He was just so proud and he said that no one deserved it more than Stephen and that yes, it is nice when good things happen to good people and Stephen deserves all the good things and Jon was just proud of his friend. It was really touching and adorable.

And I wonder what Comedy Central will put in Stephen Colbert's place... and I have a few suggestions for people to follow...

Amy Schumer- don't know if I'd want to see her on a show every night and I think Inside Amy Schumer is good for her.

Rhetta- I think Rhetta would actually KILL IT on a talk show. I really think she'd be great.

Aziz Ansari- I'd like seeing this... but I don't want him to leave Parks and Rec. I think Rhetta could do both since she doesn't have as big a role on Parks as Aziz... so yeah.

Steve Carell- He's a lot like Stephen Colbert. He's the other half of the Ambiguously Gay Duo and I think he'd do excellent on a talk show. He was also pretty much satirizing the American Boss on The Office so I think he could totally do it and would be a great candidate.

An Hour of The Daily Show- It's pretty much a serious news show... I'd watch it for an hour and I don't think it'd get old. I think it'd be pretty cool to see a time extended.

One of the other Daily Show Correspondents- Samantha Bee, Wyatt Cenack, Kristen Schall... all people I would watch on a late night show. I'd say John Oliver would be the most obvious choice... but he has another show on HBO now. And Community again also, so he's set.

Tina Fey- Duhhhhh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f