Skip to main content

Man Crush Monday- Stephen Colbert

I  can't believe I haven't posted this yet... but guys I love Stephen Colbert. He is my favorite late night talk show host, I absolutely love his satire, I think he's a really good person that deserves good things and I cannot wait to see him host The Late Show.

I'm definitely going to miss The Colbert Report. It is definitely my favorite late night talk show, I always look forward to watching The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and @ Midnight, I've been doing that a lot lately and I just really love it. I really love that he has his own character that can say and do sooo many ridiculous things and I really don't think that anyone can do a satire the way that Colbert does. He really is the best.

I also have to say that I love the way that Stephen defended himself after the Cancel Colbert controversy. He handled it really well, he didn't apologize, he said not to attack the girl. He pointed out the truth that was ridiculous about the original report that got him under fire in the first place, and some of the ridiculous things that the people that were offended by the tweet also did. He also even said the joke again, and it was still hilarious and he pointed out some far FAR more offensive things that he has said and its just super super funny.

I still really want him to run for president. I think that the world really needs a Colbert-Stewart office and that in general comedians are the smartest people in the world and Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart are probably the two smartest comedians that there are.

I'm also going to mention my man crush on Jon Stewart because of the Bromance between the two. I don't think anyone was happier for Stephen Colbert getting the Late Show than Jon Stewart. He was just so proud and he said that no one deserved it more than Stephen and that yes, it is nice when good things happen to good people and Stephen deserves all the good things and Jon was just proud of his friend. It was really touching and adorable.

And I wonder what Comedy Central will put in Stephen Colbert's place... and I have a few suggestions for people to follow...

Amy Schumer- don't know if I'd want to see her on a show every night and I think Inside Amy Schumer is good for her.

Rhetta- I think Rhetta would actually KILL IT on a talk show. I really think she'd be great.

Aziz Ansari- I'd like seeing this... but I don't want him to leave Parks and Rec. I think Rhetta could do both since she doesn't have as big a role on Parks as Aziz... so yeah.

Steve Carell- He's a lot like Stephen Colbert. He's the other half of the Ambiguously Gay Duo and I think he'd do excellent on a talk show. He was also pretty much satirizing the American Boss on The Office so I think he could totally do it and would be a great candidate.

An Hour of The Daily Show- It's pretty much a serious news show... I'd watch it for an hour and I don't think it'd get old. I think it'd be pretty cool to see a time extended.

One of the other Daily Show Correspondents- Samantha Bee, Wyatt Cenack, Kristen Schall... all people I would watch on a late night show. I'd say John Oliver would be the most obvious choice... but he has another show on HBO now. And Community again also, so he's set.

Tina Fey- Duhhhhh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...