Skip to main content

Scribbles about TV: Jane The Virgin Review!

This I think is a surprise hit, so of corse I needed to watch it for myself to see! It's been getting a lot of critical buzz because it has been reviewed as "one of the best pilots of the season" and I also have been hearing a few critics saying that they don't think it will last because the word "virgin" is in the title... which is stupid. There is nothing wrong with being a virgin and if a show is good, its good and people should watch it... plus this did bring pretty high ratings for The CW so the critics that said that can suck it! Lol.

Overall I really liked this show. One thing thats been bothering me a lot about the new Fall shows is that the characters aren't interesting enough. Especially the female characters. I thought that this showed a lot of really strong female characters that were interesting. This had a pretty big cast with A LOT of stuff going on for a pilot and most of the characters were female. That is a powerful thing to see on TV today. That being said, I don't think this is a show that only females would enjoy. I totally think its a show that you could make your boyfriends or husbands watch and they'll end up liking it too! (I know its a little sexist of me to assume that guys won't watch this unless you force them... but I have been talked into watching many TV shows and movies by guys that I probably wouldn't have watched on my own and I liked them all. Don't think its sexist... just think thats how things work.) And all the characters had something going on that not everyone knew about. The audience pretty much knows everything thats going on, but the characters on the show don't exactly know everything... and that creates a lot of interesting things.

There were also a lot of plot twists and just interesting things going on in the pilot. The concept of Jane getting accidentally artificially inseminated seems like a silly concept and that a show just on that alone wouldn't be all that interesting... but everything that makes it all come together is just so great and so interesting and good that it works really really well.

It worked it was super interesting, and I was only expecting to watch the pilot and probably not watch the show again... but I will DEFINITELY keep watching it because it was just so good. All the characters and the acting were good and its just a cute show that will make you want to watch it.

That's it! Hope you guys like this review! I'll probably start posting more about this on my "This Week in TV" posts!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...