Skip to main content

This Week In TV! Storybrooke is Frozen,Always Sunny guest stars on Fox Comedies,Selina Kyle origin &more (9/3/14)

Sooo this is a new thing I want to do every week... As you may know, I watch a lot of TV and I've thought of doing OUAT Recaps... but then when AHS comes back on I'm going to want to do that also... so I just thought why not just do a full on recap of all the shows I've watched that week at the end of the week? There will probably be spoilers, there are some shows I don't always watch but I'll try to catch up on.

Also I want to try to write these pretty much right after I watch whatever show I watch, so these will all be reviews I write different times probably.

Sunday 
Once Upon A Time- Ahhhh the long awaited Frozen Once Upon a Time premier! I didn't like the movie Frozen all that much, but I was excited to see what Once Upon a Time would do with it... and overall I was both pleased and slightly disappointed. I liked the addition of Elsa and Anna, I think they're both really fun characters and great actresses and Kristoff too was quite funny. But... I'm afraid that it's going to be too focused on Frozen. Even in this episode, I thought they were focusing wayyyy more on the Frozen storyline than what was going on with Emma and Mr. Gold and all of the characters we already know and love (or love to hate lol.) I kind of thought that would be an issue... but I think in coming weeks it won't be quite as big of an issue. They needed to introduce us to these characters and to this world this week.

Also... I'm kind of afraid this will be almost a kids show... not gonna lie. There used to be a ton of death and some sexytime on the show... and I think they'll try to avoid that now because people will be watching with their kids. I thought the show was going in a much darker direction in season 2 and I thought that was cool and it would continue to go there... but now its a bit too fluffy.

Also they need to stop with the CGI on the show! It's bad! It was bad with August, its bad with the abominable snowman and it was bad with the trolls. I really don't like when they do CGI! Plus it made frozen wayyyyyyy too much like the actual movie and I already saw the movie and I didn't like it... so it wasn't my favorite episode.

Monday 

Gotham-I'm starting to really like this show. I thought this episode was really good because it kind of highlighted two villains that we're beginning to know. First off, we saw a little more of The Penguin, we met his mom who was AMAZING and that was a good story to begin with because he's becoming more of a villain instead of just a villanous sidekick and I think that's good.

Also the main storyline centered around Catwoman and the missing teens that were being captured. I love the girl that plays Cat! She is just sooo sooo good and funny and tough. She may be one of my favorite catwomen now! Really liked seeing more of her and hope to see even more of her soon cause I'm a little obsessed with that character.


Tuesday 

New Girl - Jess's dad is dating Dee from always Sunny!?!?!?! She's a recovering Sex Addict??? Schmidt is selling men sponges? This was overall just a really funny and goofy episode, with all the sweetness and lovable friendship moments that New Girl is known for. I've been liking this season a lot so far. It's good.

The Mindy Project- Dennis from Always Sunny shows up and tries to ruin Danny and Mindy!!!!! This was funny as always and I love Ike Berkawitz and Adam Pally. Good laughs.

Forever-I missed the second episode of this show, but I watched it this week and it was really good. I always like storylines wear people are dying because of things that make them younger... that being said it's been done a LOT! It isn't the first time this has been on TV, its nothing knew. I liked the way that they did it, but I also think they could have taken it a squidge further. I think Henry's son (right thats his son? I need to rewatch the first few eps) should have actually taken the medicine and they would have saved him. The steaks looked so high on the commercial and the episode didn't pull it off that much.

Wednesday 

The League- This was too funny! Kevin and Jenny got a hot tub for their Sexiversary. Kevin wore thin pants without underwear and then got a little too close to Ruxim's wife... it was just disaster after disaster and it was just so funny. I like this show.

Thursday

How To Get Away With Murder- A few of the pieces are coming together and I think by next week we'll have a bit more of a picture of what's happening on the show. I thought this week was a little slower. After a very exciting Pilot and a good episode of Scandal and Greys* it just lost a little bit of momentum. Uhhh yeah. That is about it.

This weeks winner... I think was Gotham for drama and Mindy for comedy. Next week I'll try to watch some more things on DVR, but right now I'll just keep it at these shows. I'll keep watching all of these of corse, but this is just where I stand from this week's episode!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f