Skip to main content

This Week in TV- Balloon killer in Gotham, Ice Queen in Storybrooke, Freakshow Premier, and More...

Sunday-

Once Upon A Time- I like Bo Peep as a villain, and the fact that she's the Butcher in Storybrooke is just so dark and grusome! I'm also starting to like Elsa a lot and I love seeing Mary Margaret as a frustrated and angry new mom. (I'm a sap for Snow and Charming because I love Ginnifer and Josh together in real life. Their scenes actually make me cry sometimes, and I'm not one to cry!) I thought Elsa's scenes with Emma were great, I liked the Evil Queen a lot too! I just don't like the idea of someone evil running an Ice Cream shop! Maybe Elsa can take it over. Also didn't love that there was not enough Regina!

The Affair- This is a new show from Showtime that is on Sundays after Homeland. Dominic West aka McNulty from The Wire is the lead and it looked pretty good when I saw a commercial for it before Gone Girl. This is a super interesting show. First off I felt very connected to the characters from the beginning... but not only that, you get to see it from Both the point of view of Dominic West's character Noah and the character Allison, who is the woman he is having the affiar with. And their moments together aren't the same, so that's pretty interesting already. It's something you may want to watch twice because it makes more sense after seeing Allison's part. It's an interesting show. His recollection makes him seem more like a good guy and hers make him seem like a total jerk. I think her recollection seems more realistic... that is just me. Both main actors are really good because they're both playing very very different people. Also it never explains why the two of them are getting questioned. Guessing its Noah's wife gets killed, idk there is something creepy about it all that makes me think that. Really good show, definitely recommend!

Bob's Burgers- I usually don't like the Gene-centric episodes... I don't dislike Gene but his episodes just aren't my favorite... but I really did like this. I thought that the idea of a middle school doing a Working Girl and Die Hard musical was just funny... Tina was super funny, Courtney was great... it was just funny overall. Really happy this show is back!

Brooklyn 99- I hadn't finished the last few episodes of season 1, but I really wanted to watch the new season. I'm a little bummed that it's on against Once, but hopefully it'll move... or at least I'll watch it when Once has their million week breaks. This week's episode was incredibly funny. I like Charles relationship with both Gina and Rosa. I liked seeing Diaz with Jake in the first episode... and I loved Kira Sedgewick. She's really good and it's nice seeing her in a comedy.

Mullaney- I tried watching this and I was about 16 minutes in and I thought "That's long enough. That wasn't that bad." And then I realized that it was only 16 minutes in and the show wasn't over yet... and I was like "you know what... I can't watch more of this." I think John Mullaney is funny and I think the concept of this show isn't bad... but I think they're doing it wrong. Which happens sometimes with TV. It was funny, but I couldn't watch any more of it after 16 minutes... and since its up against better shows... I probably won't watch it any more.

Monday- 

The Big Bang Theory - Meh this show really only makes me LOL sometimes... The women of the show I think are funnier than the guys, and although the episode was largely about Penny's relationship with Raj's girlfriend and why she didn't like Penny... there wasn't enough. It wasn't my favorite.

Gotham- I thought this week's mystery was really cool, the idea of the balloon killings was really clever and the idea of another cop killing vigilante was quite interesting. Plus Selina Kyle, who I'm obsessed with now (that might be creepy... but she's such a great character and the actress that plays her is amazing!) And also some more on Barbara's past relationship. I didn't find the episode overly edge of my seat interesting... but all in all it was really good.

Tuesday

New Girl- This was too funny. Micropenis? Is that a thing? It was the funniest thing ever... and it was just really insightful. Also I love the Classic CeeCee and Winston thing.

The Mindy Project- Danny goes in through the back door... and says it was an accident. This freaked Mindy out... This night was just too funny! I'm definitely going to watch both of these again cause they were sooo soo funny!

Forever-This was good this week. It was sweet and sad. Not quite as exciting as other weeks, but it was still a good solid ep.

Wednesday 

American Horror Story: Freakshow- Was I the only one that had no idea what was happening? It was scary, but I didn't feel... connected to it at all. I'm trying to rewatch it... maybe I'll watch it tomorrow... Idk I just wasn't really feeling it. I fell asleep while watching it and I'm watching it again now and I feel...slightly more connected. I think they just started it in a way that caught me off guard so I have no idea what's happening and I'm not that scared.

Rewatching it now... still don't completely relate or like any of the characters... but I feel a little more connected and I don't think it will be a bad season. I don't think I'll like it as much as Murder House or Coven... but maybe more than Asylum.

The Middle- I was only really half watching this, but I thought the part where Axel wanted to major in Buddhist studies was the funniest thing. And Sue being addicted to coffee.

Modern Family- I was really half watching this one... I don't always watch Modern Family, but this episode looked funny so I thought why not watch it tonight and... meh. There weren't many LOL moments for me. I should have watched Adam Devine's part more, but I didn't... uhhh yeah. Thats about it.

The League- Really funny and slightly cringe-worthy. I feel like theres one episode that is head-smackingly cringe worthy a season, and I think some seasons are winners and some are losers. This one was a winner all in all. Really dug it!

Thursday 

How To Get Away With Murder- Ohhh my god guys! This episode was sooo soooo soo good! I forgive it for last week's episode. I'm so happy they ordered it for a full season. This show is the IT show!!!!!!! Next week looks even better!

So my winner for the week for drama is most definitely How to get away with murder and... honestly all the comedies were really funny and had a great shock value... butt I have to give it to Mindy. (the butt was intentional... lol.) Creativity points for Gotham on a very promising third episode. I wish that they had a better timeslot than being up against the Big Bang... but yeah! Once was good too... idk it was a good week for tv!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f