Skip to main content

Weekly charts!

Itunes Music Charts 

5) Habits (Stay High) by Tove Lo- Ohhh I think I know this song. I don't know if I know it from a commercial or a TV show or if they played it at the store I worked at. I liked it. It has a Lorde type of vibe, I can definitely seeing this song being one that I won't get tired of easily... I like it! I really like it. There isn't too much on the radio I like right now, but this is good. 

4) Animals by Maroon 5- I think I've mentioned this... I thought this was about something totally different. I thought it said "I'm gonna finger you tonight." Which is a pretty weird declaration. Also I thought another Maroon 5 song said the same thing. I think this has gotten some buzz over the controversial video. It's apparently a little creepy, Adam Levine is hunting the girl in the video... who just happens to be his wife. It sounded weird to me. So yeah. 

3) All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor- I'm slightly sick of this song. I like it and I like the message its sending... but I'm a bit tired of it. 

2) Shake it Off by Taylor Swift- No. 

1) Sippin on Fire- Really? A country song is #1? And its not a good one. It follows the bad country song formula where its just very... basic. I don't like Florida Georgia Line's singing either... Its just ehhh. I like folksier country. This just isn't good. 

Movies 

5) The Maze Runner- I liked this movie a lot! I'm glad its still doing really well. I did a review on it, I thought it was very well done for a movie based on a book and it was just exciting. One of the few movies I've ever liked more than the books because I could actually visualize it nicely. 

4) The Boxtrolls- This looks cool and I appreciate the animatedness and I would probably like this movie... but its not overly cute, it doesn't look that funny and meh. It isn't for my age group and unless it has minions or something equally cute in it, I know I'll never see it. I never saw Coraline and I tried to once... but meh. It wasn't for me, so I couldn't really enjoy it. 

3) The Equalizer- I'm guessing this is benefiting from Gone Girl being sold out so much. Not saying it doesn't look like a good movie because I think it'll be really good... but I wouldn't think it would be that big of a deal. Good for this movie though! I'm sure its probably good and thats good that its been out for a while I think and can still compete with these huge movies. 

2) Annabelle- I think people were pretty much surprised at this being such a hit this weekend. This didn't cost that much money to make... but it looks really scary and really good! I sometimes think the smaller budget a horror movie has, the better. I don't want a whole lot of scary monsters, I want a good plot and not to see the monsters so much. I guess Paranormal Activity, which is one of my favorites, doesn't have much of a plot early on... but still. This looks good and I probably won't see it cause I don't often see horror movies in theaters, but I'm sure I'll get around to it! 

1) Gone Girl- This was not a surprise to me at all. I tried to see it twice over the weekend and I couldn't! My dad finally got tickets for Sunday night at 7 but he had to order them on saturday afternoon. I thought it was really good. This is my favorite book I've ever read and the movie did a fantastic job and is probably my favorite serious movie of all time. Even my parents didn't see the twist coming at all and I totally thought I had given too much away and that they would guess it! I already did a review on this... but its #1 for a reason. It's quite amazing. 

Byee! 
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f