Skip to main content

THIS WEEK IN TV- 10/12/14-10/16/14

Sunday 10/12

Once Upon a Time- So happy to see Regina back in a more prominent role. I loved her and Henry together trying to prove she's a good guy. I love that Robin Hood is back with her. I love that Emma is afraid to be with Hook. I love that Hook can tell when Rumple is lying... I really like the Snow Queen, although I kind of miss Zelena now. And yeah. It was quite good.

The Affair- I just started watching this show yesterday (which was Saturday.) and I'm already super excited for the new episode. Especially now that I know there is sort of a twist... I'm writing this part at 9:16 if anyone was wondering, it comes on at 10 and I will write more about what I thought about the episode... but I just wanted you guys to know I'm pumped. I like this show a lot now and I'm excited for tonights episode.

Goddamnit! It's the same episode I watched yesterday! I guess the premier is this week and not next week but they had a special preview on demand. That was disappointing.

Bob's Burgers- Wasn't actually on this week. WTF? Why put on one episode then take a break? I think its football's fault... but idk.

Brooklyn 99- Always a funny show, but I thought this particular episode was really fun. It was kind of like the Office Olympics episode of The Office, but it was with cops and there was a bit more at stake than what it seemed. Jake was playing for the phone number of Rosa's friend... which gave some really fun scenes between Jake and Rosa. I like the two of them together a lot. Also some great Jake/Amy moments, which was also great to see. Season 2 has been really good so far and I quite like it!

Monday 10/13

Gotham- I watched this episode and liked it, but I hardly remember what happened during the episode... I'm happy Oswald is with Gordon now, they're just a funny pair together.


Tuesday 10/14

Marry Me- I liked this. The best new comedy of the year for sure, but it doesn't really have any competition... I didn't really like Selfie or From A to Z that much, and I haven't seen Blackish yet. I love that Bevers from Broad City is in it! I thought it was really funny and cute overall. Also Casey Wilson and David Caspe are soulmates and that makes me super happy. Although thinking about it more... I'm not sure I'll continue watching it on the air. I wanted to like this more than New Girl, which its up against... but New Girl is a better show, I must say. Overall this is the best new comedy on TV right now, but it isn't better than anything else on. I feel bad saying that almost cause I think it has potential and I sort of like the idea of a rom-com TV show but they hardly ever work out... and I think this one works. And I love it for that!


The Mindy Project- Super funny. I feel like this is a thing that has happened to me but it hasn't ever. Nothing even close really, it just seems like something that could happen. I don't like rejecting people very much, so I could see accidentally making someone think I was a lesbian. Or someone to just think I'm into them and I'm not. And if that person were my boss... I'd probably feel too awkward.

Need to watch New Girl and Forever! I had finals an my birthday week, so I'm a little behind on some things!

Wednesday 10/15 

AHS Freakshow- I really liked this weeks episode. I was surprised by that. I was shocked, I was scared, I was emotional. It was just a really great episode. The part where the Clown is in the Toy store was the most horrifying thing I've ever seen on television. I was not expecting it to be that gruesome. And the end was just very emotional. I really thought this weeks episode brought it with the shocks, surprises and emotional twists. Side Note: I love the modern songs. I think a lot of people were put off by Elsa's performance of Life on Mars last week, but think about it. If there's life on Mars, they're just watching a big Freakshow! They see cops beat up the wrong guy and they laugh at it. It makes sense to me.

The League- So Funny. So gross... but I have to say my mind went to a grosser place, I really thought that Kevin was going to eat the poop and I'm glad he didn't. Ellie was funny. It was just really funny.

Thursday 10/16 (My Birthday FYI) 

How To Get Away With Murder- I was expecting a huge shock at the end and... it was alright. I wasn't that surprised to be honest. We knew that her husband was sleeping with Lila (the dead girl) anyway... so I wasn't surprised that he had a dick pic on her phone. Also I found this episode hard to follow too... Elizabeth Perkins was sleeping with him too right? That was hard to tell for me. I really liked Elizabeth Perkins' character. I think she did a fantastic job. I really like her and I love seeing her on TV still! She is fantastic. Great episode.


And the Winners for this week are: I think Freakshow definitely wins television this week for just being so sick and twisted but also having so much heart. Poor little Meep! Didn't stand a chance, just like the farm animals he bit the heads off of (in the cutest way he could).

And for comedy... I loved Brooklyn 99! It was really funny and I could totally see this happening, so I just thought it was really great this week. Fun, interesting, it's kinda been done before... but I think they did a better job of it than most. So yeah. Brooklyn 99 takes the cake!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...