Skip to main content

THIS WEEK IN TV- 10/12/14-10/16/14

Sunday 10/12

Once Upon a Time- So happy to see Regina back in a more prominent role. I loved her and Henry together trying to prove she's a good guy. I love that Robin Hood is back with her. I love that Emma is afraid to be with Hook. I love that Hook can tell when Rumple is lying... I really like the Snow Queen, although I kind of miss Zelena now. And yeah. It was quite good.

The Affair- I just started watching this show yesterday (which was Saturday.) and I'm already super excited for the new episode. Especially now that I know there is sort of a twist... I'm writing this part at 9:16 if anyone was wondering, it comes on at 10 and I will write more about what I thought about the episode... but I just wanted you guys to know I'm pumped. I like this show a lot now and I'm excited for tonights episode.

Goddamnit! It's the same episode I watched yesterday! I guess the premier is this week and not next week but they had a special preview on demand. That was disappointing.

Bob's Burgers- Wasn't actually on this week. WTF? Why put on one episode then take a break? I think its football's fault... but idk.

Brooklyn 99- Always a funny show, but I thought this particular episode was really fun. It was kind of like the Office Olympics episode of The Office, but it was with cops and there was a bit more at stake than what it seemed. Jake was playing for the phone number of Rosa's friend... which gave some really fun scenes between Jake and Rosa. I like the two of them together a lot. Also some great Jake/Amy moments, which was also great to see. Season 2 has been really good so far and I quite like it!

Monday 10/13

Gotham- I watched this episode and liked it, but I hardly remember what happened during the episode... I'm happy Oswald is with Gordon now, they're just a funny pair together.


Tuesday 10/14

Marry Me- I liked this. The best new comedy of the year for sure, but it doesn't really have any competition... I didn't really like Selfie or From A to Z that much, and I haven't seen Blackish yet. I love that Bevers from Broad City is in it! I thought it was really funny and cute overall. Also Casey Wilson and David Caspe are soulmates and that makes me super happy. Although thinking about it more... I'm not sure I'll continue watching it on the air. I wanted to like this more than New Girl, which its up against... but New Girl is a better show, I must say. Overall this is the best new comedy on TV right now, but it isn't better than anything else on. I feel bad saying that almost cause I think it has potential and I sort of like the idea of a rom-com TV show but they hardly ever work out... and I think this one works. And I love it for that!


The Mindy Project- Super funny. I feel like this is a thing that has happened to me but it hasn't ever. Nothing even close really, it just seems like something that could happen. I don't like rejecting people very much, so I could see accidentally making someone think I was a lesbian. Or someone to just think I'm into them and I'm not. And if that person were my boss... I'd probably feel too awkward.

Need to watch New Girl and Forever! I had finals an my birthday week, so I'm a little behind on some things!

Wednesday 10/15 

AHS Freakshow- I really liked this weeks episode. I was surprised by that. I was shocked, I was scared, I was emotional. It was just a really great episode. The part where the Clown is in the Toy store was the most horrifying thing I've ever seen on television. I was not expecting it to be that gruesome. And the end was just very emotional. I really thought this weeks episode brought it with the shocks, surprises and emotional twists. Side Note: I love the modern songs. I think a lot of people were put off by Elsa's performance of Life on Mars last week, but think about it. If there's life on Mars, they're just watching a big Freakshow! They see cops beat up the wrong guy and they laugh at it. It makes sense to me.

The League- So Funny. So gross... but I have to say my mind went to a grosser place, I really thought that Kevin was going to eat the poop and I'm glad he didn't. Ellie was funny. It was just really funny.

Thursday 10/16 (My Birthday FYI) 

How To Get Away With Murder- I was expecting a huge shock at the end and... it was alright. I wasn't that surprised to be honest. We knew that her husband was sleeping with Lila (the dead girl) anyway... so I wasn't surprised that he had a dick pic on her phone. Also I found this episode hard to follow too... Elizabeth Perkins was sleeping with him too right? That was hard to tell for me. I really liked Elizabeth Perkins' character. I think she did a fantastic job. I really like her and I love seeing her on TV still! She is fantastic. Great episode.


And the Winners for this week are: I think Freakshow definitely wins television this week for just being so sick and twisted but also having so much heart. Poor little Meep! Didn't stand a chance, just like the farm animals he bit the heads off of (in the cutest way he could).

And for comedy... I loved Brooklyn 99! It was really funny and I could totally see this happening, so I just thought it was really great this week. Fun, interesting, it's kinda been done before... but I think they did a better job of it than most. So yeah. Brooklyn 99 takes the cake!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f