Skip to main content

Halloween 2014 It List!

I wanted to share my Halloween favorites... but I thought why not do it like an It List... so that is what we have here today.

1) American Horror Story- I think we all know one of my favorites around this time of year especially is AHS... the episode this week was sooo soo good too. The legend of the guy with the demon face... I just thought it was particularly interesting. Not a lot of Twisty the clown, which I'm fine with... lol. It was still scary and really good all around though. All the seasons have fantastic halloween episodes especially. And season 1&3 are just good all around.

2) Addams Family Values- I love a good halloween movie, but Addams Family Values has to be my favorite ever. It is probably in my Top 10 favorite movies of all time... and I just think its super super funny. The first one is good too, but this is one of the rare movies where the sequel is wayyy better. Joan Cusak is amazing in it and you can tell she must have had a great time being the bad guy because SHE IS ALWAYS THE GOOD GIRL OR THE MOM and she did such a great job as Debbie. Its just such a fantastic movie overall. Other movies I love: Hocus Pocus, Beetlejuice, Nightmare Before Christmas, pretty much any Tim Burton movie (aside from Frankenweenie... which I cannot watch!) and Monster House. All great movies that aren't really "scary" but they are good. And The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown of corse! That is probably my favorite Charlie Brown of all!

3) Paranormal Activity- So on Halloween I'm going to post a list of all the horror movies I've seen enough of to tell you about... and of all of them I think Paranormal Activity is my favorite. I haven't seen many sequels to horror movies or series of them... but I really do enjoy this movie and the sequels. I think Paranormal Activity 3 is my favorite. I'll go more into detail on Friday's post... but if you want a good horror movie marathon, I recommend Paranormal Activity.

4) Cheetos Bag o' Bones- I mentioned these in my It List for October... but what a great snack for a halloween party. I think Adults would find these funny and delicious and I know that kids would have a lot of fun building their own skeletons with them. These are quite amazing.

5) Horns by Joe Hill- This is the book I'm currently reading and the movie comes out on halloween... so I guess the movie would be good to see too... but if you like horror novels or mysteries... this is a good read. Its about this guy named Ignatious, or Ig who's girlfriend is raped and murdered in a horrible manner and left in the middle of the woods. A year after the murder, Ig grows these horns on his head that give him some supernatural powers also. I'm not very far into the book yet and I don't really want to give anything away, but so far whenever he touches people he learns their deepest, darkest secrets... and people just start telling him EXACTLY whats on their mind. They don't know why, but they do. It is interesting for sure and I need to keep reading it!

6) Johnny Cupcakes T Shirts- These are my favorite things to wear at halloween time. I haven't actually gotten any in a while because I really do have a lot, but these are AWESOME. He used to have a special limited edition collection called "there's something in the cupcake batch" that would have a limited run and they would be really cool t shirts that came in actual cupcake mix packaging with sprinkles and everything... it was really really cool. He also has some really great ones not in that line. I have a haunted bakery one that is really funny. There's a dracula blood drive one that is really cool... there are just a bunch of good ones! Some of my favorite t shirts for sure!

7) Blue Moon Pumpkin- I'm a pretty new beer drinker and I really like Blue Moon. Its tastier than other beers... this is the first beer I tried where I was like "wow this is delicious." So yeah I really like this and the pumpkin flavor is just a little spicy and really good. It isn't overwhelmingly "pumpkin" but the spice is there for sure. I really like this, if you bring this to a Halloween Party, you will be cool.

8) Orange Kit Kats and Caramel Apple Milky Ways- I just thought I would talk about two really good candies together. These are only sold at halloween and these are my favorite Halloween only treats.

I love the Orange Kit Kats because they're white chocolate, but they still have chocolate in the middle. So it is the best of both worlds and when I eat it I just feel like I'm eating something really fancy and I'm not. And the Milky Ways are kind of the same for me. The flavors they use just mix really well and it isn't weird at all. It is just really really good. Side Note: I am slightly SLIGHTLY disappointed that there are no Caramel Apple Twix... Twix are my favorite candy bars, and I think they would be good with caramel apple also... but I can deal with the milky ways. There is a gingerbread twix for christmas... maybe next year they will have Pumpkin Spice! Lol.

9) Michael's Craft Store, Dollar Tree and WallMart for decorations- I really don't think that you need to get really amazing decorations for halloween that will last for forever. I think a few of those are good to have, but this year I shopped at Michael's for some bigger decorations for my room that look more like witches potion bottles and things like that... plus I got some solar powered scarecrows and monsters at a Dollar Tree. My mom and I also found a few things we liked at Wall Mart because we needed some last minute types of things because our attic ladder broke and we can't get to our decorations right now. Lol. Also Target's dollar section had nice stuff too!

Another thing I want to mention is something I've had in my room for like 13 or 14 years... It is a dancing skeleton that dances to the song Superfreak... I love this. I got this for my 9th or 10th birthday when I was having a Halloween party at home... and it was great. I liked him so much I literally just left him in my room for the whole year... and he's been in my room for like 13 or 14 years now... lol. Right now its actually really sad because it fell and its feet are broken... and idk if we can fix him in time for Halloween though... but still. This is a future family heirloom that I will hand down to my children and their children... lol.

10) Fright Fest or a haunted house- I love a good haunted house and obviously... Fright Fest is a lot of fun too. I love going on the terror trails and seeing what all the ghosts and ghouls and creepy people are doing and what they're dressed up as. They have so many good people with insane talents in all different places in the terror trail. I just think its really cool to look at and walk through... and yes get scared. lol.

If you don't live near a six flags or don't want to pay the price of a theme park ticket just to get scared, there are usually a lot of other haunted houses, haunted hayrides and things like that to do as well. A lot of times there are some that are kind of small, and they may cost like $5 to get in or something like that or they may be free. I think its particularly good when they have people with acting experience or some sort of special talent thats freaky or scary. There are some that have people in high school drama departments and that's cool. I kind of wish my improv class was doing something like that... not gonna lie. lol.

Hope you liked this post! I'll probably do some more for the next few upcoming holidays... so keep an eye out!

Byeee!
-Shannon



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f