Skip to main content

Man Crush Monday: Jimmy Fallon

Jimmy Fallon is one of my favorite talk show hosts... and I pretty much like all the late night talk show hosts... so that is saying a lot. (I haven't actually watched James Cordin yet, but I have a huge crush on him from Into The Woods, so yeah. I also have a crush on Seth Meyer though... And all the comedy central guys... ugh. Lol. and obviously Jimmy Fallon. Lol.) So yeah... this is saying a lot that he is one of my favorites.

1) He genuinely acts like he has the most fun job in the world- Jimmy Fallon is always really excited about the show. He pretty much does have the most fun job ever, and he actually appreciates it. He was on SNL, and when he left SNL for late night he was excited and proud of his job, and now on The Tonight Show he's very happy.

2) His Ice Cream Flavors are good- This one is completely random... but I feel like having Ben and Jerry's make an ice cream flavor after you is a really big honor and a great responsibility. You can tell a lot about a person by the type of ice cream he makes and... Jimmy's flavors are just awesome. Lol. I haven't tried The Tonight Dough yet... but it sounds amazing. Chocolate, Cookie Dough, Peanut Butter and I think there are brownie bits too... good combo. I loved Late Night Snack too because it had chocolate covered potato chips in it... Its like it was made for women with PMS or pregnant women! Lol. I really appreciate that! I love the names of the flavors and I just think its cool.

3) He's proud of his show- I feel like he's always very proud of his show and everything about it. He's always excited for all the guests and he always says "we have a great show this week" and he always does. He treats all of his guests fairly and is equally excited for big guests and small guests. A few weeks ago Michelle Obama was on... and its kind of hard to be on a show the same week as Michelle Obama... but Jimmy Fallon was just as excited for Ricky Gervais and all his other guests as he was for Michelle Obama. Which is really saying something. I think that is super cool of him.

4) The Tonight Show is a lot different than any other talk show- So I feel like every single week, there is a new sketch or a new game that was a video on The Tonight Show first and its been happening basically since the show started and has continued till now. And I feel like that is awesome because... this is a new thing for talk shows. When Jay Leno started, there was no youtube so there was no point in him trying to do sketches or things like that. Johnny Carson did do sketches and characters, and I'm sure his show would have gone viral if youtube was created at that time. So I feel like he's both honoring Johnny Carson's sketches, characters and sense of humor and also making it more accessible for todays day and age. Can't stay up to see the show? No problem! You can see the best parts on youtube! I just think its really cool and unique and I think Fallon gives a much different energy to the show and kind of gives the sketch/talk show hybrids a lot more options... and that is pretty cool.

5) His breaking on SNL- Its just funny that he broke so much on SNL. It still makes me laugh. Its funny when cast members don't break at all ever... but Jimmy's breaking is somewhat notorious and if you watch the Andy Samberg Adam Sandler song from the SNL 40th, you can see all the breaking and the highlights of it. Lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f