Skip to main content

Scribbles About News- 4/26/15

I might try this a little differently this week cause I feel like a lot of the news kind of intersects... idk I just feel like maybe I won't do any "headlines" this week, I think I'm just going to kind of free-write it.

So something important that has been hyped up a TON this week is the Bruce Jenner interview with Diane Sawyer. You couldn't have not heard about this interview, it was everywhere they showed millions of commercials for it and... yeah. I didn't actually watch it because A) They showed all of the important parts on the commercial and I knew I'd hear the important parts about it on the news and whatnot B) I kind of don't think they should have aired it after the car accident... if I were the family of the victims it would upset me that the person that killed my loved ones is getting positive publicity. C) I felt like a lot of what they would be talking about is the Kardashian family as a whole... and I'm over that. It seems like they stuck mostly towards focusing on his transition, which is good. I think thats really interesting and it is brave of him to be in such a public eye and now he's becoming the person he was supposed to be. Just because you're born with a man or woman's body doesn't mean that you're a man or a woman. Its way more complicated than that, and whatever you do, that is awesome and brave to make a change like that to be who you are. I'm happy that I believe at least the interview focused mainly on that... cause there are probably lots of athletes in similar situations that can relate to this, and its good of him to come out in this public way.

So yeah... kind of contradicted myself there... but basically from what I heard of the interview... it seems like it was done better than that. Idk. I still think its upsetting because of the car accident though. Its kind of a mixed bag. But what I thought was wrong was Kris Humphries tweet about the interview. "Glad I got out when I did. #yougottadoyou." This is... upsetting in many ways. First off its crappy to say that of a marriage and its crappy to say that divorce is a way of "getting out." Thats just not cool. It shows how little he thought of his brief marriage to Kim Kardashian because that isn't a mature way to think about marriage in general. If you say something like that you shouldn't be allowed to get married, you should be sent back to high school! That just isn't right. I feel like he didn't mean for the tweet to sound as anti-trans as it did... but he shoulda thought of that before tweeting it. Never thought I'd like Kanye better... but I do. Lol.

And I was watching The Grace Helbig show because Paul Scheer was on and I love him! I love How Did This Get Made and all his movies and podcasts and tv shows and he's super friendly on twitter so I wanted to support him cause he's a nice guy. Grace Helbig and Jim Parsons also said he was super nice! So thats cool that he was on... not cool that he was up against Bruce Jenner lol. I mean I guess now that all is said and done... I would watch the Bruce Jenner interview cause it is important... but I still feel bad for the family of the victims... so I will forever be conflicted with that. And I probably won't watch it just cause of that!

Also this week, my girl Amy Schumer was killin it. I say that like we're friends which we aren't but she was KILLIN IT this week. Inside Amy Schumer came back... and this is gonna sound bad cause I haven't even watched it yet... but she did an awesome awesome sketch about women in Hollywood that was just... perfect. It was with Julia Louis Dryfuss... my Woman Crush this week... Tina Fey and Patricia Arquette and they were celebrating Julia's last f-able day. It was awesome and funny and just a total total win! Each lady brought something to it and its probably one of the best sketches/most important sketches ever. She also did a music video that was in a lot of her promos that is probably the funniest thing ever. "Milk Milk Lemonade Round The Corner Fudge is made." Just so funny. I really really liked it.

She also did a photobomb for Kim and Kanye where she just pretended to faint in front of them... and they didn't react to it at all really... lol. It was odd. They probably know Amy's comedy... but I just thought that was funny. And it kind of doesn't seem funny... but in thinking of the ridiculousness that is Kim and Kanye... its amazingly hilarious. I took a buzzfeed quiz saying which person in that picture are you. I got Laverne Cox, who I didn't even see in that picture... but that makes me happy. I love Laverne... she is just perfect. Lol.

The Royal Baby still hasn't emerged yet... to the knowledge of the press at least. Is emerged a gross term? I feel like it kind of is maybe vulgar to use for royalty. I have a feeling we will find out a day after it happens. Partially because they are 6 hours ahead of us there... so totally different time zones. Ohhh 5 hours ahead. Just checked my world clock lol. Anyway yeah still don't know if its a boy or a girl Will and Kate still don't know what it is I believe and yeah. Its an exciting time. I'm thinking girl just cause there wasn't a prominent baby bump I don't think, and boys usually let you know there's a bump there. So yeah. Thats a thing.

The White House had their correspondents dinner which was hosted by Kate McKinnon I think... or someone from SNL. Keegan Michael Key was there and was the President's interpreter or something I think. Not too informed on this lol... its not televised but you can always see the clips online and stuff so that is cool. A lot of awesome comics do that and its super cool and a lot of fun.

Sadly there was also a massive earth quake leaving more than 2,500 people dead. One of the victims was a woman from New Jersey who was a former Rutgers student I believe. She was on Mount Everest Base Camp and the earthquake triggered an avalanche. Very sad story.

There is also a Tornado Watch for parts of Texas, so if you are in Texas please be careful and be safe.

And... there was a "Major Plot Twist" on this week's Grey's Anatomy... meaning a death of a main character that (SPOILERS) hasn't been on all season... It was sad the way that McDreamy died and I will have kind of a parody of TV deaths coming tomorrow. There will be a lot of things spoiled and stuff.

Basically if a man on a tv show is seen in an extremely positive light... he's a goner for sure. Take Mike Delfino from Desperate Housewives. He wasn't always the best guy... he wasn't always the best husband to Susan. The episode that he died... they couldn't stop talking about what a great guy he was. That is a definite way to spoil these things for yourself. Lol. If a character seems too good or too cool in an episode... especially a main character if it is toward the end of the series... they are dead for sure.

So that is that. I'm gonna do a question of the week right here... Who are you really? Bruce Jenner is becoming who he's always been, Amy Schumer is not shy of who she is at all, McDreamy is ultimately a doctor and he was when he died... The girl climbed Mount Everest and followed her dream! Sooo... who do you think you are? I'm still figuring myself out, and maybe this week my blogs might have a slight "who am I" theme to them... we'll see if I stick to this question-asking format... but yeah.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f