Skip to main content

Scribbles About News! First full week of April 2015

1) Nina Dobrev leaving The Vampire Diaries- so this is a thing. Isn't she the main character? Not anymore I guess... I can see this. I mean she dated her co star and now it must be kinda hard to work with him... I never really understand that.

2) Celebrity Dermatologist Dr. Frederic Brandt found dead at 65 after committing suicide-  Dermarologist to stars such as Joy Bayhar and Kelly Ripa, who also had a skincare line at sephora died after committing suicide. A lot of places are blaming Martin Short's character on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt's parody of him for causing it... That's not it. Depression is deeper than that and it's not like one thing is going to make someone take their life... I just have to say if you're feeling depressed talk to a friend or a family member or anyone to help. Call the suicide hotline, seek medical attention. There is nothing wrong with depression and we live in a day and age where there are medications and technologies to help. There is help and don't give up. I feel like the media is really giving heavy blame to Tina Fey and the Kimmy Schmidt writers for this, and of corse it's not their fault.

3) ABC to air 2 hour Diane Sawyer interview with Bruce Jenner later in the month- I don't have the date cause I really don't think they should be continuing with this interview after Bruce Jenner's car crash. I know I'm kind of laying heavy blame on him for this... But I don't think he should have been driving and he was speeding to get away from paparazzi... And yeah he just came out and said he was going through with surgery and doing this interview with Diane Sawyer. He never seemed to mind public attention when he was on the Kardashians... It isn't something to risk your life or others over. So that makes me mad that he's just still allowed to drive probably and clearly people still care enough about this... Idk I don't like the Kardashians and I just don't think he should be getting this attention. If you want to bring awareness. To the transgender community... Get a real person. A real man transitioning into being a woman (I say this because I think there's a huge difference between the way trans men and trans women are treated) and... Yeah. But every murderer gets a tv show and a podcast today... So... Yeah.

Also speaking of murderer podcast... Adnan Syed is getting a new podcast about his trial... and I don't really think that he killed Hae and even if he did... I'm not sure there is enough evidence saying that he did to lock him up or anything... so yeah.

4) Netflix to release more Arrested Development- Brian Grazer recently hinted that yes there will Indeed be 17 more episodes of Arrested Development in the near future. I'll kinda believe it when I see it. I'm sure it's going to happen... But I'm gonna be a little skeptical about it till I actually see it happen. Arrested development is completely different today than it was when it started... Which is just fascinating... And yeah. I'm just happy about this.

5) Burger King to pay for Burger/King Wedding- So a man named Burger is marrying a woman named King or vice versa or something... And Burger King thought hey... This is a good time for cheap promotion so they are paying for their wedding. Also fun fact: 42 years ago this week was the day my dad first asked my mom out on a date. They met at McDonalds and are still happily married!!

6) Basketball Player gives car to woman in need- NBA MVP Russel Westbrook was given a free car and he didn't need it so he gave it to a single mom that was in need of it. I thought this was a really nice story about someone famous doing something nice... I don't totally know all the details of it though, so I'm gonna link the article right here. I want to hear more about this guy and less about

7) Creepy Statue of Lucille Ball to get remade- So a statue of Lucille Ball that looks like a scary monster version of her was put on display in her home town in New York and fans want it taken down because its terrifying and looks nothing like her... lol. The maker of the statue offered to fix it and the town said "no thank you... you've done enough." Lol so there is currently a kickstarter to get a new statue made.

There is also an awesome campaign from @ Midnight to get the Lucille Ball statue to them. Which really, the @ Midnight Set is her perfect home. Not only is it a show about weird things that happen on the internet... it is actually filmed on the original location as I Love Lucy. Host Chris Hardwick's dressing room used to be Lucille Ball's dressing room. So they are campaigning to bring Lucy where she belongs... and I agree. That monstrosity belongs on the @ Midnight set and I feel like Lucy would agree. She has a sense of humor clearly and would probably prefer it as a way to remember her as being funny and STILL holding up as probably one of the funniest people ever and an inspiration to all comedians and all of television today really. She invented the Sitcom basically... and in her home town, a nice statue should be for her admiration and look like her... but the one that makes us laugh should return to the place that originally made us laugh and is continuing to make us laugh in another way. I think thats a nice little homage to Lucille Ball.

So yeah. That is the news for this week! Hope you liked it/found it helpful or interesting.

Byeee!
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f