Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: 2nd week of April 2015

Started off watching The Grace Helbig show because I forgot it was on on Friday and I missed it, so I watched it basically right after I posted my scribbles about TV last week. I love this show. Its such a good talk show. Very different than any other show out right now... I compare it a little to Comedy Bang Bang but its really a lot different still, its just similar in set to CBB I guess. If you like talk shows and the internet, this is a good show for you!

The Last Man on Earth. Favorite show currently. I like it at an hour long, but I can see where it is a little much. I'm happy it got renewed for a second season already. I really didn't think this would be that good, but its awesome and I've really been liking it. I love that Carol added a dog to the Monet painting.

I watched Tuesdays New Girl episode. Really funny. I love Winston and his date story was funny. I really liked the Jess and Fawn story and I really felt Jess's side of the argument was really relatable. I loved the CeeCee Schmidt stuff too... I just thought it was great overall.

I watched some Comedy Bang Bang. I watched the Chris Hardwick and Jack Black episodes. I like this show a lot and I like the podcast more... but I was happy to catch up on the tv show.And the Kid Cudi episode... which I've seen but its good.

I watched Two Broke Girls on Monday and I think I started to watch Mike and Molly... but I'm not a huge fan so I didn't watch the full thing really.

Wednesday I watched ABC's line up. The Middle was pretty funny... but Axl was such a jerk. The Goldbergs is probably my favorite and I really liked that there were 2 episodes on this week. I really need to watch that show from the beginning because it keeps getting better and better and I love that about tv shows. Modern Family was a rerun but a good one, so I watched that. And yeah...

Scandal and Greys Anatomy this week... ohhh my god. So good. I also do really like American Crime, but I'm not all caught up. I watched Episode 3 this week. My mom is obsessed lol. Felicity Hoffman is so good in it because she's a really nice person that I think is more accepting... and she just plays this terrible terrible racist and its just so different for her. She's so unlikable its just amazing. And normally I'd feel bad for a woman in her situation but I just do not at all and that I mean in a good way. She's a really cold cold character that must have been super challenging to play and mad props for Felicity Hoffman for that!

And did I mention how amazing Scandal and Grey's were cause I don't think I did. Wow. I cannot wait for next week. I was only half paying attention to scandal also because its at the point where I don't really know whats going on and... that end was just harsh. I was not expecting that and... Idk. I'm upset because... I don't want to give spoilers away... but I'm team Jake... and now... yeah.

Moving right along I finally started watching The Jinx! I like it. I thought it was going to be really satisfying because we know Robert Durst did it... but I'm gonna compare it to Serial because its hard not to... It doesn't have the twists Serial has. Its obvious who the murderer is... and yeah.

He's a super interesting person though... he's just a complete sociopath with no remorse that is trying to get himself caught but he also knows he can get away with anything. Reminds me of Amy Elliot Dunne but in real life... which made me really like it!

And I watched this super late at night and I didn't want to go to bed on that note, so I watched Veep right after... and I've watched Veep a few times and its a funny show that I just didn't like for whatever reason. The funniest people in the world are in it, its a hilarious concept and its done very well... everything about it is something I thought I should like... but I never did... but I wanted to give it another try, I know Season 3 is all about Selina campaigning to be president and that is awesome, so I started with the first episode of Season 3... and its grown on me a lot. I see why I didn't like it a few years ago, but also my tastes have changed since then and the show has gotten better since then... so I'm really happy that is where I'm starting to watch it because its perfect that way. I'm going to continue watching season 3 and season 4 which is on currently and then I'm probably going to go back to seasons 1&2 and watch that again... and before Season 5 I'll probably just watch it from beginning to end because I really like it. Also I like Silicon Valley... and I do need to re-watch that and see what I missed cause I missed a lot and I LOVE that show and I want to watch them back to back... and I should probably watch all of GOT too and just have an epic night of tv... but I probably won't watch that soon since I've only seen season 1 of Game of Thrones... and I loved it... but I haven't seen it since. So yeah.

And that is about it... I think. I know I watched Shark Tank as well. I like half watched Cristella and last man standing... but barely... and that is everything!

I'm excited for 2 new Jane The Virgin's this week! Its on Sunday and Monday, so don't miss Sunday's episode if you love Jane The Virgin as much as I do!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f