Skip to main content

April 2015: It List!

1) Spontaneanation with Paul F Tompkins- New Podcast alert! And my favorite of the moment. I love Paul F Tompkins on Comedy Bang Bang, I think he's really funny. This podcast is really different because he'll have a guest on and they'll have an interview and the guest will suggest a location and then a group of improvisers will do a long form sketch that takes place in that location and that brings up some themes that interviewers have discussed or that Paul discussed with them or something like that... its really amazing. I've done improv and this makes me miss it. Its really a good podcast, I highly recommend you listen to it. His guests are good and interesting too!

2) The Grace Helbig Show- I love this show! It is just a great talk show. I think Grace does an awesome job and her guests are all really really good. I love that she doesn't play it cool like "yeah I'm totally comfortable being a big talk show host." She made an introvert's talk show. It takes place in a house not in front of an audience. The guests seem really comfortable and like they're having a lot of fun. The song is cool they did a little bit where she needed a theme song and went to another youtuber. It reminds me of the CBB tv show a little bit, but it also feels more like a talk show than a sketch show... its just really good. I've really been liking it.

3) Flight of The Conchords- I don't exactly remember why, but I broke out my Flight of The Conchords DVDS again... and I've talked about this several times already... but they are amazing. This show just gets so much better the more I watch it... and I've seen it a ton of times... but its just really really cool.  Its so funny. I think its even funnier now that everyone is more famous and really really good. You will laugh. It is funny. Lol.

4) The Video of Angela's Bath and Body Works rant- Idk where I was but the rant video from the woman that wanted an Iced Gingerbread and Winter Candy Apple candle is kind of amazing. I don't know why I think its so funny. There are lots of parody videos of it that are even funnier... but as someone that worked in retail, I understand that there are real people like this and that she 100% was not just making it up. The rest of her youtube channel is unintentionally hilarious also. I watched a q&a video seeing if she would address the candle rant... and someone asked how many animals she had and I skipped over a little bit and went to the end of the question and she said "so its just the dog and the pigs." Lmao! It just made my life. Thank you Angela. I showed my mom... she thought it was funny. I'll link all the videos down below here... just watch them. Lol.

Original Video (NSFW)

Jen from Appleton's response (parody)

actual footage (also NSFW... but don't watch videos while you work!)

5) Bath and Body Works Fine Fragrance Mist in Kaui- I know after the rant videos being a favorite, I have an actual bath and body works favorite. Lol. Go Figure! Anyway I had been waiting for this scent to come out for a while. I got the aloe gel and someone on Insta told me the whole line would be released around Mothers day... and Apparently its a little early, but its out now! This smells so different from anything I have from them... and I have a lot... probably too much lol. But this is just amazing. Its described as Lei Flower and its kind of a warm scent but its very floral and whatever is in it is quite excellent and I'm happy with that. Lol. Its a good one. If you like those sorts of scents, go check this out. The whole Hawaii collection is really good, I actually have a post on my other blog about it which you can read right here.

6) Caress Fine Fragrance Body Wash in Adore Forever- I saw the commercial for this and I was super intrigued because it says it lasts 12 hours and it helps you smell good throughout the day... which it doesn't. It lasts on my towel and washcloth for 12 hours probably... but not on my skin so much. Maybe the transfer from one thing onto another makes it not last long.

Either way, I'm totally okay with that because this stuff smells amazing and I actually find it pretty hydrating. I feel like using it makes my skin feel a little softer. It also seems like its something super luxe and its really inexpensive. Its got this great smell, its a really pretty raspberry color with sparkles (that don't add sparkle to the skin... but its pretty to look at) and it just feels very luxurious going on. I really like it. Its quite good. I think its like 3 or 4 dollars at target... its awesome.


7) Philosophy Purity Face Wash- I had never tried this before, but I got a free sample size from Sephora and it be bangin! Idk I feel like it just works really well for my skin. I feel like it kinda locks in moisture. I use it with the Garnier Charcoal Scrub, which I also love but its a tiny bit harsh on my dry areas like my chin... but its still quite awesome. The combo just works well together and I've been liking it a lot. And the Tarte Maricuja Oil has also been really awesome for me this month. It feels nice and cool on my face and I like it a lot.

8) Green Mountain Vanilla Caramel K Cups and Foldgers Hazelnut Swirl K Cups- I change up what K cups I use quite often... but I've been going for these two a whole lot throughout the month. They're really sweet and flavorful and just really good all together. I used to love Foldgers Caramel Drizzle a whole lot... but I think I like these a little more even. I like them because they taste like something that you could get at a coffee shop and its just right in your home. It makes me really really happy.

And I might as well mention here too the Starbucks Caramel Flan Latte. I've had it Iced before, I never had it hot though I don't think... but it is AMAZING! Its really really good. I kind of like it better than the caramel macchiato... its not all that different, but they're both really good.

9) Cheesesteaks- This is another random food thing. Specifically I had the best cheesesteak of my life in this place in Asbury called The Brick Wall... its amazing. Its spicy and its flavorful... the cheese is super super good, they make their chips there and I put those on the sandwich and that was great and they gave like a tomato soup broth that you could dip it in which I did not think I would be into but I really really was... it was amazing. Food in Jersey is just amazing. I think of moving and then I'm like... but they don't always have good pizza. Lol. Anyway yeah this is good.

10) Conair Infiniti 1875 watt hair dryer- I haven't really used a blowdryer in... 3 or 4 years probably? Only when I've gotten my hair done at a salon... but I've recently switched to showering during the day and I have thick hair that takes a long time to dry, so I recently got this hair dryer... and its been awesome. I really like using it and I don't feel like its a chore or anything because my hair looks nice after and it doesn't take very long. It also came with an Argan Oil from a brand I've never heard of before but its really good and I really really like it.



Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f