Skip to main content

Scribbles about Books: What's on my reading list?

So I thought this would be a fun way to let you guys know what I was currently reading and what I'll be reading next and whatnot.

So right now I'm reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn because I was soo excited about the Gone Girl movie... I couldn't not read another great novel by Gillian Flynn! I also really like mysteries because I feel like they improve my memory and I think I'm just smarter when I read them, so I'm going to try to read them more often. I haven't read all that much of this yet but so far its really good. It's about this reporter that has to return to her home town to do a report on the murders of some children and missing children. Its interesting because the world is very similar to the world of Gone Girl. It's like a southern, run-down type of town... it's interesting. I find this appealing, especially since it goes from a city to the run down small town, similar to Gone Girl... and I just think Gillian Flynn is very interesting and I like this a lot.

I also have her other book Dark Places downloaded on my Ipad. This is $4.99 on itunes and this book looked really good. I forget what exactly this is about, and since its on my ipad I can't just look at the back cover and tell you. The chapters look similar to the chapters of Gone Girl, so I like that already. I think its about a young girl who's mother is murdered and then she finds out something about it. I don't know, I thought it sounded really good when I read the back cover. I'll probably read this after I finish Sharp Objects.

I usually don't like reading my ipad on the train and I read a lot of things on the train... so I'll probably bring a bit of a lighter read on the train and read these two at the same time. I have the first Stephanie Plum book, One For The Money and I think I'll read that. I read the first chapter before, and then lost the book completely. It was really good and I like that its Jersey-based... although Stephanie seems more Jersey than me, I read it with an accent. I'm excited for this!

Also Orange Is The New Black! I've read a lot of it, but I haven't finished it yet! I've had it for like a year too! I love the show, this is the real life story that its based off of and its really quite inspirational and different from your everyday read! I really like it, it just takes a while for me to read for some reason.

I also kind of want to finish the Princess Diaries series and I just have one book left that I don't own yet! But I have a birthday coming up and Christmas is coming up, so maybe I'll get it or Santa will bring it to me! Lol! There's also a book that Princess Mia wrote that I should probably read too!

So that's it for now! I'm asking for a lot of books for halloween/Christmas, so I may have more... but again it'll mostly be hard covers I'll probably read some at home and some on the train.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...