Skip to main content

True Test Thursday: Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation and NYC expert last lip color

I received these products from Influenster for testing purposes, I mentioned them in a haul I recently posted and on my first tries I really love both of these.

I have dry skin and would normally stay away from a "matte" foundation, but this doesn't give an overly matte look like some foundations. I like to say that some foundations give you "statue face" and cling to all your dry patches and pores. So far I have not experienced that with this foundation. It looks really natural and it covers quite a bit. I wore it on Monday and I couldn't find my concealer, but then at second glance I was like "you know what I may not even need concealer" sooo yeah it works pretty well.

The lipstick also is a really fun color and seems to stay on for a long time. I had some on and age some KFC, and didn't feel the need to reapply. The KFC test is a pretty hard one to pass, so this is doing a fine job already.

First check in 2:20 (applied makeup at 11:10)
So I didn't really have time to post the whole application process and I didn't totally have time to see in detail how it looked, but from the reflection in my iPad so far so good on the foundation at least. The lipstick still has color but it wore off a bit. I noticed that there's a pretty strong feel to the foundation because it is a thick liquid moose and the lipstick fades just a bit but doesn't bleed or loose color so I really like that.

I have kind of been doing a lot of running around and it's super hot outside, so it's holding up pretty damn well. Now I'm in a hot classroom with no air condition and I will be for the next 3 hours more or less... So this is a really true test!

I also have to say the packaging of the lipstick isn't great. It's not good to just throw in your bag or


something because it opens up. If you had it in a make up pouch or something it would probably be great but on its own, be careful.

Second Check in (5:30)
Alright foundation held up in the hottest.classriom ever! It doesn't look cakey at all which is one of the claims. It still looks pretty natural! As for the lip color it's still there but I'm probably going to reapply before my next class. Again no feathering. It feels a little drying but not bad.

I would include pics, but I've actually been having computer problems all week and I can't seem to connect to wifi in order to upload them. If you look. At my haul though I have a pic of myself wearing the foundation and lip color and it looks the same as it has all day. Only thing I did differently was use a different blush in that pic... Which I'm not reviewing so yeah!




I will give you an upadte after my next class!

Check in 3 (9:10) 
It held up pretty well if I do say so myself. I blotted the lipstick off after reapplying it cause it was a bit much. The color is a bright fuscia. I think NYC has neutral colors too, not sure. And also I think it looks good with a gloss over it. It kind of shows all your lip lines and whatnot, not too badly but it's a bit more masked with a gloss on top. This may actually be my new favorite drugstore lipstick! I haven't tried wet n wild yet though... Maybe I'll get some of those.

Anyhoo as for the foundation I also think it's my favorite drugstore foundation! I was shocked that I liked it so much because the reviews I've heard on it weren't anything amazing. It's super affordable, looks good on, lasts all day and it's matte but it isn't overly matte to the point where I think it clings to all of my imperfections. I used it with a primer today, but I used it without one on Tuesday and I still think it looked fine.

I know everyone has different skin and different preferences,but I'd definitely say test this out. I probably would not have tried it if Influenster hadn't sent it to me, and I absolutely love it and will repurchase. I'm not hugely into matte foundations because of my dryer skin, but this is fantastic.

Other good points about the foundation
- it's small, but you don't need a whole lot to cover everything. I tried putting a lot on at first and it looked super cakey and fake. 
-applies easily with fingertips! Which I like. I don't want to pay $20 for a sponge, so I don't have a beauty blender... But I can't imagine that wouldn't work either. Brushes... Idk about but still pretty easy to apply 
- the color is a bit light for me, but I think that makes it look a little better with blush. I'm not that big on a lot of blush, but it looks good with just a little blush. 
-easy to travel with 
-under $6 (I think...pretty certain about that) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f