Skip to main content

Everything Wrong With: Avril Lavine's Hello Kitty

Sooo I think I'm going to do this new thing where any time there's some crazy viral video or some really bad song or something overall offensive... I'm going to watch it and count all the things that are wrong with it! This week will be the now infamous Hello Kitty by Avril Lavine.

1) The beat at the beginning kind of sounds like some sort of doomsday thing.

2) I don't think Avril knows Japanese... she should have made a French song... at least like Flight of the Conchords Foux du Fafa.

3) She's a grown woman... she can have a sleepover without mom's permission.

4) Also... why is she having a sleepover? Again see grown woman argument.

5) I don't know what she's doing to those poor background dancers, other than offending their entire culture and it seems like she is forcing them to dance against their will... possibly without being paid in real money.

6) The lyrics "like a fat kid with a pack of smarties" confuses me greatly. Smarties are very small and would likely not make a kid all that fat. Also what kind of Smaties is she talking about? She's from Canada and what the US calls Smarties there are called Rockets and their Smarties are something that I think is more like our Oompa Loompa candy. Didn't she realize this reference may be difficult to translate across borders.

7)  Why is she playing spin the bottle? She's married and I think the only person that will be friends with her is her husband Chad Krogger... why is it such a secret?

8) Really? Come come kitty kitty stay with me? Isn't it a tad creepy that it sounds like she's using a children's cartoon as a euphemism for her vagina? That's what it clearly sounds like.

9) When she's inside she has glasses on, when she's outside she does not, and when she's playing guitar she also does not. And I believe at the cringe-worthy chorus she doesn't either. She must have really weird vision problems.

10) Second chorus she's in a candy shop and she does have the glasses on... so she doesn't need to see her guitar, but she needs to see the candy she is selecting. Makes enough sense, I'll let it slide.

11) How did that guy make all that sushi so fast? It just showed him rolling some fish and then all of a sudden Avril has two full plates of sushi... wtf?

12) That guy also looks very angry.

13) Also Avril probably should have eaten her dinner before getting all that candy. She mentioned that she lived with her mom, so shouldn't her mom be angry?

14) Also why is she in a candy shop when she mentioned how Smarties make kids fat. What the hell kind of diet are you trying to promote here, Avril.

15) Also THE CANDY STORE DIDN'T EVEN SHOW THE DAMN SMARTIES, SO WHO KNOWS WHAT TYPE OF SMARTIES SHE EVEN MEANS! Dear god, this is too confusing.

16) It seems that she's walking in some sort of parade after eating all that sushi and candy.... isn't she afraid she'll fart a lot? That was a lot of sushi!

17) If she is farting a lot, that kind of explains some of the unhappiness of the background dancers. They're much more sensible though, they just watched her eat the sushi and candy. They didn't have any themselves.

18) Isn't it a little rude of Avril to eat in front of all her friends, I mean she doesn't even offer them any sushi. Then she farts on them during the parade! What a shitty friend!

19) The dancers seem amused at the picture Avril took of them. Maybe because Avril wasn't in it with them... which again what the hell. Why the hell not?

20) Avril just sort of dances badly but kind of like she's trying to work out badly. Maybe working off all those smarties that apparently make you really fat.

21) Never once in the song do we see a cat, kitty, Hello Kitty or any of the Sanrio characters... probably could not get the rights to the song. I hope Sanrio sues her over the title.

Overall, aside from all the offensive stuff in the video, and in the lyrics and just all around... the song is pretty damn catchy. I was really into the first 20 seconds or so... but then its like "alright... 3 minutes is wayyy too long for this stuff."

Byeee!
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f