Skip to main content

Trendy Trends of the Week (4/20-4/26)

Sooo I listen to a podcast called Who Charted where the hosts talk about different music and movie charts and they try to get to know their guests based on those charts... I'm gonna do a little something like that too. I love pop culture and I think this is a cool concept and stuff... so here it is.

Itunes 

5) Play it again by Luke Bryan- I don't think I know this song or who Luke Bryan is... I'm actually going to look that up so that I can comment on it more...  Ohhh okay its that one country song. Well okay I don't think I've ever heard it... but all popular country songs are all the same right now... so yeah. Just a generic pop-country song. It's catchy... but I don't see how it's "top 5" worthy. I don't think its good enough for millions of people to listen to all the time.

I don't download a lot of single songs because I know I'm not going to listen to just one song. I'm more likely to listen to a song if its on an album... even if I just listen to that one song the most on the album, I still would rather have the whole album than one song because I'm never going to listen to just one song... you know? Albums get you to experience different songs than the radio does, and if its a song that's on the radio a lot I don't need to listen to it on my ipod. Just random music quirk... lol.

4) Let It Go by Adele Dazeem... errr Idina Menzel- Alright the Frozen song. This one I know. I didn't love it... mostly because I just wasn't that into Frozen. It was an okay movie and everything but with all of the hype surrounding it I thought it would be slightly better. I liked Tangled better, I thought the music of Tangled was wayyy better too. I didn't find the relationship between the sisters or the love story all that empowering either. Its fun to watch and everything... but it is not my favorite.

This song, also probably not my favorite song of the movie either. Idk I just feel like there were too many songs in this movie and that a lot of them were wasted on characters other than Ana. Ana is the main character, she should have the better songs, right!

3) Turn Down For What by DJ Snake and Lil' John- I probably know this song... it sounds familiar but I need to refresh my memory with the itunes preview. Yeah that was the same as hearing a second of it in a movie trailer or whatever... I think this was in the trailer for either Ride Along or 22 Jump Street... some buddy cop movie... and I think that's where it belongs. This doesn't seem like a song that should be longer than like 30 seconds. Like that godawful Avril Lavine song... I kind of like the song, but I think 3 minutes is a little long for it and that if it were a 30 second song it would be great.

Sooo yeah... don't think I'll listen to more of this lol.

2) All of Me by John Legend- I like this song and I think its a really lovely romantic song... but at the same time I would hate if someone wrote this about me. ESPECIALLY if it made it to the #2 spot on Itunes. Its nice that he loves all of her "perfect imperfections" but I feel like its kind of like a guy saying "Awww baby there is soo much wrong with you but I love you IN SPITE OF ALL THAT." Gee thanks. Soooo Romantic, right? No, this isn't as bad as some of the others that are like "I don't know why but I love you" type of things... like you should know exactly why you love me and love everything about me bitch! Plus John Legend is married to a supermodel... she has no imperfections! She is gorgeous and actually seems like a super nice and all around good person.

So yeah. I'd be pissed if someone pointed out my imperfections and it got them to the #2 spot on itunes. Just sayin.

1) Happy by Pharrel Williams- I love Pharrel and I love this song. It just makes me happy whenever I hear it. Like, yes, I should be happy. Nothing can bring me down because I'm happy. I don't need a reason to be happy or to celebrate... I'm just happy!

Movie Charts 
Now I'm at IMDB and I'm going to look at the movie charts and say stuff about that.

5) A Haunted House 2- I sort of wanted to watch the first movie when I saw it was on Netflix and I have no idea why. I think it's probably funny... but I don't totally love spoofs. I wasn't going to see it when it was in theaters, I thought it looked bad. And I thought that the Scary Movies that the Wayans Brothers did were all pretty good, and I guess now that they aren't in charge of that Franchise they're doing this. It looks funny. Maybe I'll watch the first one on netflix and then watch this when its on tv or something.

Another weird thing about spoofs is that they aren't really timeless. I recently watched a bit of Meet the Spartans on tv... and none of the jokes work now. They were very topical at the time I guess, but now they're stale and it doesn't totally make sense. Comedy isn't always timeless, a lot of things have expiration dates, and this movie might be one of those... not sure again didn't see the original, but spoofs in general can be like that.

Although now that I said all of that... I think I need to watch the original A Haunted House and do a mini movie review on it...

4) Transcendence- This movie looked really really bad. Like horribly, horribly bad. I can't believe Johnny Depp has been doing so many of these crappy movies lately! I forget what movie it was, but I remember hearing that he turned down some movie because he didn't want to be in a stupid Hollywood blockbuster... really? Now you do this? And its sad because not even a big star like Johnny Depp can get people to go see this crappy movie.

And this is what's happening to a lot of movies. They do these big blockbusters with big name stars thinking they'll do great, and if they don't do great they'll probably end up making a lot of money in other countries, so who cares? Someone should.

3) Rio 2- I kind of like animated movies, and a lot of the jokes in this one looked clever... but its just not something I think I'll see. It doesn't look all that different from any other movie... I think the concept has been done before, but this is a different talking animal. Its probably better than Frozen... but it isn't for me really. If they have it on tv maybe I'll watch it if nothing better is on. I'm sure its cute but there are a lot of animated movies. There are either wayyy too many or not enough. Like a few years ago there wasn't really a good kids movie around Christmas and I think that's horrible. This is around Easter, so it's good that they have a kids movie out.

2) Heaven is For Real-This seems to be the type of movie to write... maybe I should get into doing this type of thing! It's a new trendy religion movie that end up making more money than blockbusters like the Johnny Depp movie because Church Groups go see them and they sell lots of group tickets, so it makes a lot of money. Especially when they're released around religious holidays... this is just good timing and good marketing. I saw the previews and it did look like an interesting movie. I'm always fascinated about people seeing something when they're close to dying. I don't really like to talk about religion on this blog, but I'm really fascinated about people that have seen the afterlife. Sometimes I think its BS, sometimes I believe them. I kind of want to read this book.

Also this is its 2nd week at number 2 I'm pretty sure... so religion movies make money!

1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier- Not a big Marvel fan... in fact the only reason I kind of want to see this movie is to understand the Hail Hydra memes. I didn't see the first one, but I think I'd probably like it. I liked Captain America in The Avengers, but I really liked the Avengers because of The Incredible Hulk. I also kind of liked the pilot of Agents of Shield, so I almost want to get into this movie... but not all that much. Idk. I'd see Guardians of the Galaxy for Pratt and Serfanawitz. I think that'll be funny.

Sooo that is it. I'm a little sick today and I just took an allergy pill before writing the last two movies... so sorry if I'm a bit loopy. But that's it. I kind of like doing these. I'm going to try to post a Stuff that Happened this Week tomorrow, but again I'm a little bit sick so we'll see what happens.

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f