Skip to main content

A Week Of Faces

Sooo this is kind of random... but I like taking selfies and I like wearing make up... so this is a week of different make up looks, hair looks... accessories and all sorts of whatnots... so I thought I'd take a picture of my face every day for a week and tell you what I used... why I used it, what I did that day if anything... and any tips or anything that I have for using the product. I just bought a bunch of new products and I thought this is a good way to test out the new stuff... use the old stuff and see what works. Sooo... yeah. Let's do this!

Monday 

Today I realized how hard it is to actually take a decent selfie... So I think I almost did. I'll post them both here.

Products I used 

First I primed my face with Maybeline Babyskin primer then I applied my rimmel stay matte foundation. I apply those both the same way because I feel like that's easier. Plus a little bit of both of these products goes a long way. I dab on both cheeks, nose, forehead, and chin and then spread it around a little bit.

Then I put on my Physicians Formula Nude Wear concealer. I really liked this stuff when I first tried it, but now I'm not sure it really does anything. I have yet to find a concealer that I really like, I'm not sure I love the highlighty thing. Idk I'm very picky. I just put that on in a v formation... Which maybe I'm doing wrong or maybe that's why it didn't work today idk. I also blended it out with a beauty sponge... Probably also didn't help the process but whatever.

For my blush I used Maybeline's Master glaze blush stick in just pinched pink. I like this more than I thought I would. There aren't all that many shades I like, but I think they came out with bronzed sticks too... I'm a little new to the blush bronzed highlight thing so idk how I feel about that... But I'm probably going to try it. And I used my physicians formula shimmer strips highlight under that. I think I need a better highlight brush... Maybe I should get on that.

Then for my eyes I used my Maybeline color tattoo in Barely Branded, which I'm running out of sadly and my Stila in the light palette. I wanted a really bright look so I used the shade bubbly all over the lid and then put sandstone in the crease. I think I took a little bit of kitten in my inner corners to highlight also. And I lined my eyes with Rimmel Scandaleyes in Nude and used my Loreal butterfly mascara.

And for my lips I put on my NYC expert wear lipstick in the shade Modern Love and then my Milani  expert shine lipgloss in Coral Crush.

Tuesday

This is my new semi-night out look. Basically I'm sort of going out but really I'm just going to watch tv somewhere other than my house lol.

I did my foundation and primer the same as yesterday. I used the same Physicians Formula Shimmer Strip highlight. Idk if I mentioned this yesterday but it's in the shade Malibu Strip. Then I used my Sephora Microblend Blush Duo in Guava Glow and I applied that with my elf small stipple brush.

And for my eyes I used the same Nude pencil liner as yesterday. I primed my eyes with Maybeline's Inked in Pink color tattoo and then went to my Naked 3 palette. I used my Real Techniques crease brush that came in their eye kit and used the shade Nooner and then went back in with Liar and I used
 the crease side of the double ended brush that came with the Naked 3 palette to blend a bit more.
Then I used the shadow real techniques brush from the same kit and put the shade buzz all over my eye. And I took the shadow side of the Urban Decay brush and put the shade buzz in the center and inner corners of the eyes. Then I put on my Loreal butterfly mascara and that's all for eyes.

And for my lips I used Revlon's Just Bitten Balm stain in Honey. I kind of failed because I didn't end up going out and I forgot to take a picture because my dorm was so hot it was melting off anyway... So...yeah. I probably am going out tomorrow, so I'll try to do something interesting!

Wednesday 
Today I had to do my face pretty fast so I didn't do everything I thought I would.

I did the same thing on my face, again used my Maybeline Master Glaze Blush in Just Pinched Pink and my same Physicians formula highlight, but I applied it with my Real Techniques crease brush instead.

And for my eyes I used Inked in Pink color tattoo and I used my too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette. I use this palette all the time, but I never use the matte shades, so I did that! I used Fuzzy Handcuffs all over the lid and Voulez-vous in the crease. Then I just popped on some Loreal butterfly mascara and left the door. Didn't do a lip color but I did use my EOS Sweet Mint lip balm.

Thursday 

Today's face was really really simple. I only used a few products. I used my Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream on my face and put some of my physicians formula shimmer strips... And I also used the lightest bronze color on my lid and I used the white color to highlight the inner corners of my eyes.

And I used my Butterfly mascara, that's the only mascara I have currently. And I put on my EOS sweet mint lip balm and my NYC expert last color in Blue Rose. I may have taken that off...

Again no pictures... But I was surprised by the lasting power of the shimmer strips as eyeshadow. The color stayed on all day and I didn't even use a cream eyeshadow underneath!

Friday 
So this is a sort of "night out" look, I did my face the same with the primer and the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation. I used the Maybeline Master Highlight Bronzer in light bronze as my blush... be careful with this guys! I was not expecting the pigmentation that I got with this! I thought it would be more of a blush, but it is in fact a very Bronze shade. One shade turned out fine and the other side looked a little too bronze. I've sheered it out and I do love the color it gives since my foundation is a tad lighter. The highlight of this is absolutely amazing too. I think I like this better than the Physician's formula stuff... which i did use to bronze my forehead a bit but it didn't really show. I like the control I have with the Physician's formula more than this one... but the color payoff is really good with the Maybeline. Can't decide if that's a good thing or not tho!

For my eyes I used inked in pink and my Naked 3 palette. Burnout all over the lid, Nooner in the crease and Dust to brighten up the inner part of the eye. I then used my Stila Smudgeproof liner in Mint Julep underneath my lower lashes. Not sure if it really goes with the look but it isn't too dark and it brightens and it is different... so I like it. And I used my mascara on my top and lower lashes... don't always do the lower lashes but I got some of my eyeliner on them which I hate!

And for lips I put on my EOS lip balm and my NYC expert lipstick in forever fuscia.

Ohhh also I sort of dabbed some of the coral sheen maybeline Master Glaze blush on my cheeks just to give more color too the overly-bronzed look. It helped I think, didn't show up a lot but on its own I think this would be an incredibly pigmented color.

And I did end up cleaning up the bronzer mishap with one of my Olay Fresh Effects make up remover wipes. And I took off the lip color cause I thought it was a bit much... lol.

I'll try to remember to take a mirror selfie at PF changs... I have bad lighting in my room rn!

And I used some of Strange from Naked 3 on my browbone and also on my inner corners I belive.

Sunday-
Today my parents had a big family Easter party, so I didn't go anywhere, but I wanted to look fancy.

I did my face the same as yesterday. Rimmel Foundation, Maybeline primer, and I used the Maybeline Hi-Light Bronzer in light bronze more lightly than yesterday. It looked better. I then took the small brush that came with the hi-light bronzer and put it in the lighter shades of my physicians formula shimmer strips to high light. That worked really well! The brush in this is better than the brush that came with the other hi-light blush I have. I bronzed up the forehead by using that same brush on the darkest tones in the shimmer strips.

Then I took my... you guessed it... Maybeline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink and used that to prime my eyes for the Naked 3 shadows I used. I put Buzz all over the lid, Factory in the crease, a bit of Trick on the inner corners, and I used Blackheart as a liner. I also put some of the Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeliner in nude in the waterline. And used the L'Oreal Butterfly Mascara as my Mascara.

Then I used my EOS lip Balm and NYC's Expert Last Lipstick in the shade Modern Love.

This was probably my favorite look of the week... and I wish I took a pic! I was horrible with taking Pics this week, I know! I also really wanted to use more different products... but honestly the ones I repeated using were the most versatile. Especially the Naked 3 Palette! I knew there would be a lot of options for this!

So yeah! I'll definitely do more of these in the future and hopefully remember to take some pictures next time... ugh! I might try to do these with different themes next time. Like maybe I'll do one week just doing one palette or I'll do one with using all drugstore products or something like that.

Byeeeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f