Skip to main content

Feeling Lovely Friday: January 2014 favorites

Hello Lovelies,


So today is the last day of January... and it did not fly by. I feel like it went by at a normal pace. I always want someone to say that in a youtube favorites videos cause everyone is always like "IT WENT BY SO FAST" I just want someone to be super boring and be like "It went by at a normal pace" lol. I am that boring person. So anyway lets get right into it!

Make Up

Naked 3 Palette- I love this so much. It was mentioned in my 2014 favorites and now I've been using it wayyy more. Its got such nice, pigmented colors. They're all kind of rosy colors which is in right now I believe, and its just one of those really fun girly things.

Maybeline Babyskin Primer- I love this! It's great with my covergirl outlast 3 in one foundation (just started to use it for that and I dig it) and my Olay fresh effects BB cream. It moisturizes, it reduces pores, it makes foundation stay on nicely. This is the only primer I've ever really used... so I guess I don't have a great expertise on the matter... but I really like this.

Covergirl TruMagic... goopy thing? - I don't know what this is called. I think I actually have the product right next to me... but my room is dark cause I have no lightbulbs AT ALL so I probably wouldn't even be able to see it. That's not the point tho the point is you rub this goop on your face and it makes foundation/bb cream look better and feel nice too. I've already hit pan on it actually... I think I've been using too much. If you get oily throughout the day, you can put this in your bag and reapply to de-oil. It's nice if you don't get oily throughout the day too! It's just a good product all around.

Covergirl lipstick in Flame- I don't know what the full name of the lipstick is, its just their regular lipsticks I think. I think this is the type Taylor Swift uses I think I've heard. It looks really nice, it kind of feathers out, but its a really nice color and it stays pretty well.

Covergirl jumbo gloss balms- These I really like too. It's a nice formulation and a good color payoff. It looks like a lipstick and a gloss in one, so it's a good one stop shop. I'd totally get more of these. They are really nice!

Maybeline Master Glaze stick Blush- I've just started experimenting with blush and I've been using this a lot. Mine is the color Just Pinched Pink. It's a nice natural looking blush that's easy to work with. I like it!

Body 

This may be my favorite category... and if you've noticed from my mega collective haul where I got a lot of bath and body works stuff... I'm a little obsessed. So there's going to be quite a bit of these.

Forever Midnight Triple Moisture Body Cream- Ohhh my gosh I absolutely love this stuff! It smells incredible and it just feels like the most luxurious thing you will ever use on your body. It is sooo soo nice. This is a little more expensive than their regular signature collection triple moisture cremes, but I think it's a much different formula and it feels more luxurious. The regular signature collection ones are great too and I may be buying some tomorrow... idk lol. I really REALLY like this particular scent and formula. They were $8 during the semi annual sale and I'm sure when they have the sale again they'll be $8 too. They just feel so good.

Golden Magnolia Sun BBW scent- This stuff is new and it smells sooo dang good. I got like 4 of the mini lotions when they first came out cause they had a 3 for $6 special and then I got one for free. And the shimmer mists were on sale, so I got one of those as well. It smells amazing and I really like it.

Velvet Sugar Body Mist- Again an AMAZING scent. Its like Pink Chiffon but a little different... idk I really really REALLY like it.

Skintimate Dry Skin Shaving Cream- I ran out of my EOS shaving cream when I was home and they are really hard to find by me for some reason. Anyhoo I tried the skintimate one because I do have very dry legs and Holy crap. This gets such a close shave and makes my legs feel really soft. My legs still itch a little bit, but this stuff is still really amazing. I'm picky with my shaving lotions, I've been using only BBW's True Blue Spa and the EOS one for over a year now, so anything that I like more or as much as those is a pretty big deal for me.

Ulta Shower Smoothie Merry Macaroon- I really like the smell of this I've almost used mine up. It is a Christmas scent, so I'm guessing they don't have it in store anymore... but if its on sale or anything try it out. It smells really nice and not too Christmasy.

Hair 

Pantene BB Cream- I've talked about how much I love the Ouidad hair souffle before... and I ran out recently and it's expensive and I couldn't really afford to replace it yet. I have to say this works just as well at softening my very VERY dry hair. The only thing is because it isn't a curling/styling product... my hair has maybe been a little less curly than it was when I used the soufflee. But still it's wayyy cheaper and just as nice.

Garnier Dry Shampoo- I like this a lot! It smells amazing, it doesn't dry out my hair like the last batiste one I tried and it just makes it look clean and volumized and nice. Idk if its cheaper than the Batiste or not but it may be easier to find. Although they are starting to sell Batiste in more places now. Idk both quite amazing.

Fashion 
I don't think I'm going to post much here because I want to do a full fashion faves post eventually... maybe idk. Basically I've been dressing like a hipster and wearing a lot of flannel shirts, beanies and hipster glasses. I also have been LOVING stud earrings and tiny necklaces. And Midi rings I've been liking and layering jewelry. I've just been having fun with that... there is one thing that I WILL mention though...

American Eagle/Aerie Hoodies- Omg these are amazing. I have a Men's hoodie from regular American Eagle that I was just wearing and it is the softest thing ever. I got a men's hoodie because it had a sherpa hood. Victoria Secret had really nice Sherpa Hoodies but they cost like $100 and I'm not going to buy a hundred dollar hoodie. American Eagle's girls sherpa hoodies were actually really ugly and puffy looking... so I got this one and I really like it. It's not overly masculine looking and if anyone asks I'll say its my boyfriend's: Astronaut Mike Dexter.

The Aerie hoodies are actually for girls and are also amazingly soft. I bought one every day for 3 days... lol. They were $15 on sale last time, idk if they are still there. They have some new ones it looks like thought that are still under $30 which is not bad for a hoodie.

Snacks 
why not do this while I'm at it.

Jiff Whips- whipped peanut butter? AMAZING! They have regular and chocolate peanut butter. Quite spectacular.

Cherry M&M's- I love chocolate cherry anything and these are amazing. These fill the whole in my heart after the chocolate cherry kisses left.

Television 
30 Rock- Idk why I've been OBSESSED with 30 Rock recently and it makes me sad that there aren't new episodes any more. I've been loving watching the repeats, listening to the soundtrack on youtube (which I was listening to while writing this) and looking up the best quote montages on youtube. You know what character I haven't found a montage for? Kenneth. You know why? People would probably die of laughter. I think if you watch a bunch of Kenneth quotes together, you won't need to work out ever cause you will laugh yourself a six pack. I'm gonna try it.

So that is all. I hope you've found this helpful and if nothing else watch 30 Rock. It's FANTASTIC.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f