Skip to main content

Feeling Cold Tuesday- Cold Weather Essentials!


So normally I'd leave this till Feeling Lovely Thursday, but It's supposed to warm up a little by Thursday. It'll still be cold, but today the highest it's been all day has been about 13 degrees... so I thought this might be kind of helpful.

Hand Cream- My hands turn into corpses during the winter time, so I use hand lotion all the damn time. My favorite I would have to say is Udder Cream. I thought the Bath and Body Works Fresh Picked Hand and body cream worked better, but then it wasn't doing the trick. Luckily my sister got me udder cream for Christmas and its been working wonders. It does stink though because it was originally intended for cow udders, so I usually do follow it up with the BBW hand cream or my holiday cookie handcream from Ulta that my sister also got me for Christmas. The Ulta one is a little smaller so it goes in your handbag nicely.

It's good to use these after washing your hands because soap tends to dry out your hands. It's good.

Body Butters/Lotions- These help quite a great deal too because again skin=corpse skin in the winter. Lately I've been using Bath and Body Works Body Butters, but there are tons of great body butters out there. Victoria Secret has good ones, Body shop I've heard have good ones. I think my sister uses a brand called tree hut that I think they have at the drugstore. I'm a fan of body butters.

As for lotions, there are some good scented ones. I like Bath and Body Works triple moisture creams. I also like the real lotion lotions, Vaseline is good, Gold Bond is good. It's kind of a personal preference, and if you know the ingredients you want, you're good. I don't really like the "value sized" ones in pump bottles because half the product tends to get stuck and thicker lotions don't do well with pumps. The product still works the same, its just hell to get out.

Scrubs- Face and body. This is probably just an important thing all around, but I think it helps remove all the dead skin and leaves your skin feeling moist and just better. Again I've been using one from Bath and Body works for my body because they are on sale now, but really any kind will do. (I don't always buy all of this stuff from Bath and Body works but I hit it up during the semi annual sales like every year lol. It's hard working right next to a bath and body works!)

For the face Simple has a nice face scrub. I've also been using Queen Helene's Oatmeal brown sugar one, which is a little harsher on the skin, but it gets the job done.

Lip Balm- Yet again another thing that turns into a corpse during the winter... let's just assume that I'm a normal living person throughout the whole year, but then in the winter I have zombie like skin. The Nivea Lip Butters are great, I like to put those on before bed. They have a lot of flavors that taste good and they are super hydrating. EOS lip Balms and Chapstick lip balms are my other personal favorites. So hydrating and my lips always feel really nice after using them.

If you want a lip color that's a little more hydrating, there are a TON of options now because this is the cool thing to do I guess. Maybeline Babylips in general are probably great for this, I've only tried the Dr. Rescue which I guess are marketed to be the best for your lips. Revlon Lip Butters are very hydrating. I've been loving Covergirl Jumbo Gloss Balms lately. And Burts Bee's has a nice tinted lip balm too. Sooo many options!

Shaving Lotion/cream- This seems kind of overlooked, but my legs are super super sensitive and the Skintimate sensative legs shaving gel just doesn't cut it for me. My favorite is the EOS shave cream in pomegranate raspberry. They have other scents and unscented ones also, but that is just my favorite.

Another one that is slightly more expensive that I love (unfortunately) is the True Blue Spa Shave the Day shaving cream. Over the summer my legs were actually super dry and itchy and this helped moisturize them better than the EOS did. It was a noticeable difference. Now that I've gone back to the EOS that feels better to me, idk. But the EOS one is much MUCH cheaper so I will continue to use that.

Moisturizing face products- I have dry/combo skin, so I don't know that this would be great for oily skin... but a lot of times people with oily skin get dry skin in the winter too, so I figure I'd mention these.

Simple's Moisturizing Facial wash is really great. I don't feel like I need to follow this with a moisturizer all the time because this really is hydrating and I use it twice a day usually. I really like this because it is "simple" for that reason. Lol. It also doesn't have any harsh chemicals or anything which is always a plus. It's just really really good.

I do still use my simple moisturizer as well which I have gotten used to and I like quite a bit. At first it didn't feel right on my skin, I think because it also had sunscreen in it. They have it without sunscreen too, but I didn't see any the day I got it and I liked the simple skincare best. Idk. It's good.

Also I love my Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream. This is a tinted moisturizer that really does work nicely as a foundation/concealer as well. I think this has spf in it also and it doesn't bother me, so that is good. Again this is a good enough moisturizer that if I wear it during the day, I don't always feel like I need to use my moisturizer. It doesn't cling to dry patches I get, its just wonderful.

In the winter, I tend to like using make up from lines that are more known for their skin care. That's why I think I like this Olay BB Cream so much. Obviously, Olay is very well known for their moisturizers and this works really well.

Ugg Boots- If you live in a state that gets cold, a pair of Ugg Boots is a good investment. Whether its a plain pair or a colorful or sparkly pair... Ugg Boots are warm and soft and comfy. I got a knee high knitted pair for Christmas that I have been wearing non-stop because it's essentially a really comfy pair of boots and leg warmers. And it's super cute. Cannot say enough good things about Ugg Boots. They also last for a really long time. I have worn my glittery pair in the winter non-stop practically for 4 years and they still look and feel brand new. Can't say enough.

Scarves- This is an obvious one, but who doesn't love bundling up in a scarf for the winter. My Nana knitted me 2 infinity scarves that I absolutely love and they are super warm because basically they just hug your neck and keep them warm. It's like I have a nice warm hug from my Nana every time I wear it <3 lol. Who doesn't love that! You can also probably buy a nice knit infinity scarf if you don't know anyone that knits. Or you could knit one yourself, but I'm not that talented, so I understand if you can't do that lol.

Another one of my favorites is a pink and orange plaid cashmere scarf I bought for myself at Bryant Park when I was 16 and at a birthday part with my friends. I know cashmere scarves can be expensive, but trust me, you'll have it forever and it will keep you warm! Mine couldn't have been that expensive, I didn't have much money when I was 16 and somehow I bought this and a fluffy pink hat at Bryant park... so I guess sort of small local boutiques are a good place to look for them.

I have a nice one from Macy's too that I got on Black Friday years ago that is also quite warm. It's not cashmere, but it feels similar. Again, I've had this since I was in high school and I didn't have a lot of money in high school, so it couldn't have been very expensive... lol. Although I do think I just had birthday money.

Beanies- Lately I've been loving beanies because they keep my head slightly warmer and they look cute and hide my hair, which is currently pretty ratchet and needs to get cut lol. Aeropostale has nice warm ones from their live love dream brand. Last time I checked they were half off and came with a free tote bag as well which is awesome.

And I'm also like 5 years old, but I love the beanies that are fleece lined inside and have a silly character on them. I have a Jack Skellington one and a Dave The Minion One. I'll insert pictures at the end of this post maybe so that you can see all these lovely items.

Touch Screen Gloves- You can find these anywhere and they are warm and allow you to do 21st century things. I got a pair for christmas and I love them.

I prefer the ones with the rubber finger than the fingerless ones because I need every finger protected from the cold. My sister doesn't like those because she likes to double up her gloves and the touchy things don't always work that way. idk.

Sherpa Blankets- You can find nice sherpa blankets at costco. They are super SUPER warm and soft and if you have a puppy, your puppy will love them and cuddle with you which will make it even warmer. If you don't have a puppy, then you can pet it and feel like you have a puppy. If you don't like puppies, you probably don't deserve the warmth of a fuzzy soft blanket anyway... lol.

Bootie Slippers- I like these because they are super warm. Also if you have a puppy you can wear them so that your puppy doesn't bite your toes.

Fuzzy Socks- Another warm thing that is great to protect puppy toe biters.

Warm Scents- If you want to put on a perfume, or use a scented shower gel, I really like warm scents... which idk how to describe. Usually something with sandalwood. Some good ones are Pink's Warm and Cozy, BBW's Cashmere Glow, Blackberry Woods, Warm Vanilla Sugar, and Twilight Woods. The new Velvet Sugar smelled really good and had a similar feel to the warm and cozy scent, but sweeter. Also the VS fantasies Vanilla Lace is a nice vanilla that has a hint of sandalwood to make it smell really warm and nice. Ohhh and BBW Forever red.

Long Jackets- What's that song by Cake? I like girls with tight pants and a loooooonnnnnnnngggggg... jacket. I think that's how it goes and who it's by... I like the song, I'm just bad with remembering things sometimes. These I think look really nice and luxurious in the first place... but they feel so warm too. It keeps my legs nice and warm its just nice and warm.

Under Armor- These are great for putting under your clothes to make them just a tad warmer.

Soft Sweaters- I'm gonna rep the store I work for here and say New York and Company has the best warm v neck sweaters... I know V Necks probably aren't the warmest, but I am not a fan of turtle necks, so these work perfectly. I still have all of mine that I got last year (I got a LOT!) and one from a couple years ago. They hold up really nicely, stay just as warm and they are on sale right now, so if you live near a new york and company and they still have colors you like, go get them. The solid ones are usually the softest, but the sparkly ones are super cute and last a while too. The sparkly ones felt a tad softer this year too, idk I haven't tried them on. I'm trying to not buy any because I already have so many from last year... I went a bit crazy, but it was worth it!

American eagle has nice sweatshirt tops too. They are probably on the clearance rack now. I have a nice penguin one that I got for Christmas that I will include in the end of this.

And last but not least... my favorite warm edible things! 


Land O' Lakes Hot Chocolate- They have sooo many good flavors. I think my favorites are Caramel, Raspberry and Hazelnut. I love having these on a nice cold day. 

Starbucks Caramel Flan Latte- Ohhh my GOD! This is amazing. Usually I get kind of sad after the holidays because I don't always see the holiday flavors at starbucks but they came out with this new thing and it is the bees knees! It's the cat's pajamas! I just can't describe how yummy this is. I had it today for the first time at Target's starbucks and I lurve it and HIGHLY recommend it! 


Turkey Chili- Just Chili in general really, but I love homemade turkey chili over pasta with cheese and sour cream on top. So yummy!

Penne Vodka- This is my favorite food in general, but there really is nothing like a nice warm bowl of penne vodka on a cold day... ohhh my gosh. Okay there's nothing quite like penne vodka on a warm sunny day either... there is just nothing like penne vodka.

Sooo that was a long list and probably a little bit tl;dr but I thought it'd help a lot because it is freezing cold and I thought this would help people that might be complaining about the cold or anything like that. Hope you found this useful, I think I covered just about every tiny thing there is to cover... Let me know if you liked this or have any additions or if you try any of these thing!

Byeeeeee!
-Shannon

Ohhh and the pics! Here are some products I've mentioned
















Here are pics of the beanies: First the Aero one then the silly ones...

And my cozy slippers with some cozy socks!



My Penguin sweater!


(wearing this rn)

And my complete typical winter look with the cashmere scarf from Bryant Park


Supa cute! I dig it! There's my long jacket too!

Alrighty, hope you liked this, again let me know if you found this useful or helpful or have any other tips or anything of the like!

Bye again!
- still Shannon <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f