Skip to main content

Golden Globe Awards Recap!

Okay so I'm writing this as the Golden Globes is still on... but Everyone I care about won already and I only really wanted to see Amy and Tina host... so yeah thats about it.
First the Red Carpet stuff was far too long and boring. They had it on for like 2 hours on NBC... which is far too long. They didn't even really show that much, I didn't see many of the dresses until I looked at a red carpet thing that entertainment weekly had. So here are some people I thought looked really good. 

As far as men go, the guys from Parks and Rec are always the most handsome. They're like my guys and aside from Rob Lowe's odd hair... they all looked really good. Particularly Pratt with his new Marvel Body and Adam Scott with facial hair... ohhh my gosh he's just swoon worthy I love him. And Aziz looked amazing and Nick Offerman... and even with Rob Lowe's hair he was just great! 

Idris Elba, Andy Samberg, Seth Meyers also looked quite nice. I love that they keep showing Idris Elba he's so pretty! And I love the Wire and he came to my school a few years ago and I hope he comes back cause that'd be cool! 

And I loved Usher's Burgandy suit. And he had some bling on it too and he just looked amazing! I really dug it. 

And for well dressed women here is my list
-Uma Thurman
-Zooey Deschannel 
-Amy and Tina 
-Aubrey Plaza- loved the purple! 
- Juliana Marguiles 
- I loved Mrs. Andy Samberg's dress actually, although it was kind of poofy, she is very beautiful and i thought she looked amazing. 
- The Brooklyn 99 girls all looked good! I wish they had shown their dress more. 
- Kerri Washington looked good with her baby bump! She's so gorgeous and talented and I've heard she's incredibly nice and I love her. 
-Ohhh and Sandra Bullock! It was kind of a weird dress but I thought it worked for her and her hair looked great! There was a lot of weird hair and make up, but I thought hers looked fantastic. 
- Taylor Swift also looked amazing, as always... which is annoying kind of lol. 
And for the winners. 

The only categories I really cared about were the tv ones and really the comedies were all that mattered to me. I don't watch many dramas... I've seen all of Orange is the New Black and LOVED it and two episodes of Scandal and 2 episodes of Breaking Bad... which were not because they were bad at all. 

I was really happy Bryan Cranston and Breaking Bad won because they were both fantastic. Although I was kind of disappointed Kerri Washington and Taylor Schilling (sp? Piper from OITNB) didn't win I was glad Robin Wright won for House of Cards because I support Netflix shows. Lol. 

As for comedy... it was a very VERY good night for television comedies. Andy Samberg winning for Brooklyn 99 in its first year was FANTASTIC! I love when a show wins its first year and I think Andy really deserves it. He doesn't seem like much of an actor, but he is amazing in it and he is just one of the funniest people in the entire world and I couldn't be happier for him. He really deserves it! I should have been rooting for Jason Bateman... but I was secretly hoping for Andy to win... although Jason deserves it too... he has won a Golden Globe and an Emmy for Michael Bluth before, and I have a feeling he will win/be nominated again, so it's Jake Peralta's year! 

And if that wasn't enough... AMY WON FOR PARKS AND REC! I was soooo sooo soooo happy. She totally was not expecting it, she hasn't won any awards for parks and rec yet and honestly the show deserves ALL of the awards. It is the best show on television right now. It started off a little slow in the first season if you were turned off by that. The second season is kinda slow too, but if you watch it a second time its brilliant. The Third Season on... all perfect. It keeps getting better where as most shows decline and get worse. I really love it and if you have a sense of humor and a brain, you should too! 

And then Brooklyn 99 won for best comedy!!!!!! I am sooo happy! This is definitely the best new show this year and even though I wanted Parks and Rec to win, I'm very happy that Brooklyn 99 did win. It is such a great show and I think it's easy for anyone to enjoy. It's very much like the Office and Parks and Rec, but the style is different enough to be enjoyable if you don't necessarily like those things... but yeah. Plus its a cop show, so if you like cop shows and want a comedy about cop shows theres that. And there really haven't been too many comedies about cops. It's kind of like what Scrub's did for medical shows. It's great just watch it. 

But by far the best moment of the night was when Tina Fey congratulated Amy Poehler for her win. "I'd like to congratulate my friend Amy Poehler on your win. I love you and there's a special place in hell for you." This is amazing for several reasons. 1) Amy Poehler won. 2) Tina and Amy are such good friends that Tina would congratulate her for her win. 3) This is an insult to Taylor Swift. Last year when Tina and Amy made a joke saying for her to stay away from Michael J. Fox's son. She said that there "was a special place in hell for women who don't respect other women" or something along those lines. If making fun of Taylor Swift gets you to go to hell... I'm probably going to somewhere wayyyy worse than hell... lol. 4) Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are good enough friends to make inside jokes insulting Taylor Swift together. Lol. 

And movies I didn't really see any but Leo Dicaprio won thats cool! He's one of my favorite actors and I think it's great that he won for something finally! And he commented how the "comedies" nominated were not exactly "comedies" in any way, nor were any of the actors comedians... that's just what they have to do to win I suppose. 

And American Hustle won a lot... so I guess thats a thing. 

Ohhh and Despicable Me 2> Frozen. By a lot. 

What did you guys think? Did you agree did you disagree. Did you think it was boring because there was not enough Tina and Amy. Do you give a hoot? Let me know! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f