Skip to main content

2013 It List

These are my top 13 of everything in 2013. This is the creme de la creme of 2013 and the best things of your life probably. It doesn't include any feeling lovely thursday type of things, because tomorrow is thursday so that will be up tomorrow. It's my favorite books, movies, tv shows, apps, music, theres a podcast there somewhere and all personal favorites of 2013.

1) Despicable Me 2- Despicable Me is my favorite movie. Despicable Me 2 is just as great. I love the Minions, I have an obsession, I have all the minion toys and the talking Gru, and I may or may not be wearing a minion shirt right now... okay I am. Lol. Anyhoo, if you love Despicable Me, you will love DM2. If you don't love DM, what the hell is wrong with you, get off of my blog! Jk. No I'm not, seriously.

2) Penne Vodka- Ohhhh my God. 2013 will also be the year that I tried Penne Vodka for the first time, and it changed my whole life. I never thought I'd like it because I don't like tomato sauce, but vodka sauce tastes nothing like tomato sauce and its just creamy and delicious and amazing. I eat wayy too much and I never get sick and its absolutely delicious and I can never get tired. And every restaurant surprises me with a different type of sauce and different ingredients and it truly fascinates me!

3) Arrested Development- I love Arrested Development. I watched since the 2nd season and I've loved every episode. The worst episodes of the first 3 seasons of AD are still better than anything on television today. I was so excited for season 4 to finally come out and when it came out... it was just awesome. I watched every episode in a little over 24 hours... which was not planned, I wanted to watch them all right away, but I was happy with it this way. It was a lot different than the first 3 seasons, and I really respect that and think it paid off well. It wasn't as great as the other seasons, but it was still pretty fantastic and I really loved it.

4) Nick Offerman- I saw him live in 2013 and I thought Ron Swanson was particularly awesome this season. He has a book out too that I want to read and I just think he's a really awesome guy. I had more that I wrote about him but it got deleted somehow so... Nick Offerman good. Ron Swanson Good. Night Good.

5) Applause by Lady Gaga- Okay I have the Artpop cd, but I haven't actually listened to it all yet. I haven't even heard the second single on the album, but I love LOVE applause! It's definitely my favorite song from the album and I just really like it!

6) Brooklyn 99- This is the best comedy since Parks and Rec. It's like a parks and rec/the office type of show, but it's about cops. It's really quite amazing and funny. Chelsea Perretti in particular is quite funny. Just Awesome all around. Ohhh wait I forgot about Community. And New Girl and The Mindy Project... okay so this might not be the best show since Parks and Rec, but it is certainly an awesome show and it's better than Community, Mindy Project and New Girl... I think... thats hard to say lol.

7) Nick Kroll- Another awesomely funny person, and I love Kroll show, I love that he's dating Amy Poehler and I love him on The League. His standup is pretty funny too, and overall he's just a super funny guy. He was on the James Franco Roast which was AMAZING and he was just super funny all around.

8) Catching Fire- This is my favorite Hunger Games book I think and the movie version was just fantastic. This is kind of a weird thing to say because I actually liked the movie a little bit more than the book. The Hunger Games Books are absolutely fantastic and I think that they are much better than the movies, I just had a hard time visualizing a lot of things in the Catching Fire book, so the movie really helped me out a lot. I was also pleasantly surprised by Finnick Odair... I was skeptical about the casting of him because Finnick is my favorite character and I don't think anyone is hot enough to be Finnick in real life... but Sam was pretty damn hot. I gotta say I loved his character in Pirates and I like him here.

Plus Jennifer Lawrence is a fantastic actress and is the perfect Katniss. J-Hutch got way better as Peeta as well. It's just a great movie and it made me feel a ton of feels. I know I'm going to cry in the next two movies because they're some sad ones.

9) Welcome To Nightvale- just listen to it. It's quite the podcast. It's like a fake radio show set in a fictional town and its just so funny and amazing. I don't even know how to describe it really, its just plain awesome, in a nutshell.

10) Orange is The New Black- I loved this show so much! I CANNOT wait until season 2! It's like the perfect mix of drama and comedy. The acting is FANTASTIC, the characters are amazing. It's about a woman who goes to jail because she smuggled drugs like 10 years ago. Just I love it, the book is quite awesome and quite different too. Just watch it. This seems like a girly show, but I think guys could like it also because guys usually like prison things, lesbians and Jason Biggs. That is how I suggest girls get their boyfriends to watch. lol.

11) CC Standup App- This isn't an app I use a ton really, but the app itself is quite fantastic. It gives you previews of the standup shows that are coming to comedy central. I should probably use this app more actually, as far as apps go this is one that I was truly blown away by as far as the design of it goes, thats why I thought I would mention it. It's cool check it out!

12) 30 Rock- This is something I almost forgot about because it just ended, but this has been one of my favorite shows of ever and I love Tina Fey and I love 30 Rock and the finale was amazing and... I just love this show. I've watched it since the very first episode and like whenever I was having a bad week or something in high school it always cheered me up. In college I loved getting back from class and watching it. I was actually really sick when the finale aired, and I think I actually ended up watching it all day that day. I miss this show quite a bit and I'm happy whenever I see the reruns and everything.

13) Dogs- For me, 2013 will always be "The Year of The Dog." My dog Lucky got cancer and we found out in April-ish I think, and he died in June. He was such a great dog and I loved all the time I got to spend with him, and those last few months were really special to me. We also got a new dog in October named Spencer and we love him too. It's so fun to see the differences of the two dogs and some of the similarities. They're the same type of dog, Maltese. We are just a dog family and we need a doggy in our house.

So those are my top 13 of 2013. It was a very different and difficult year for me, but it had many memorable moments that I will never forget. Here's to an amazing 2014 and many more amazing years!

Byeeeeeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f