Skip to main content

Why David Bowie is the Best. Ever.

David Bowie. What can I say about David Bowie? First off, I love him. He is just the coolest far out man that has ever lived. I haven't been a fan of his for very long and I'm probably not his biggest fan, and I don't know all of his music... But I am in love with the man and he is my favorite.

I started listening to Bowie around the same time I started listening to Lady Gaga. I could see how Gaga had copied his style and a lot of her songs were Bowie-esque. Also I liked Cobra Starship a lot at the time and the keytar player, Vicky T, always wore a lightning bolt on her face. Many fans accused her of copying Lady Gaga, but I knew she didn't do it just to resemble Gaga. She mentioned that David Bowie did it also and I knew that both Vicky T and Lady Gaga were just copying David Bowie with their lightning bolts. And "copying" is a really harsh word that only teenagers use in this context. They were paying homage to Bowie and I thought it looked really cool. I always want to rock a bowie lightning bolt or wear an eyepatch or do something cool and crazy like him. Unfortunately, I am not a rock star, just an everyday person who doesn't often go out to parties or anything of the like so... I don't really see an occasion for this. I'm not totally ruling out wearing Bowie looks in everyday life... but I'm just saying it'd look kinda strange and idk if I want to be that strange... so yeah.

Also the most important part of a musician, the actual music! Now it's no secret that Bowie did some drugs and a lot of those drugs influenced his music I am sure. I'm not saying that this is a good thing, in fact more often than not it is pretty terrible. Listen to the lyrics of Fireflies by Owl City. That guy was definitely trippin balls when he wrote it and it sucks. And the lyrics to I Am The Walrus, I know a lot of people love The Beatles for whatever reason but you have to admit, the song is nonsense and the lyrics are not great. Justin Bieber I think is safe to say is another example... Miley Cyrus... you get it drugs are bad, don't do them. I think David Bowie's lyrics are actual powerful enough that they make sense even though he was probably high while writing them. They make sense to listen to if you don't do drugs, I have never touched the stuff and never plan on it and I think his lyrics are absolutely beautiful.

The Bowie obsession grew when I listened to The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust... that cd is just so powerful and different than anything else I've ever heard. Ziggy Stardust is sort of his own character, because David Bowie was a performer rather than just a singer and he had many characters and many faces. I like to think of this album as kind of like a play. Idk why really, idk if its supposed to be or not, but a lot of songs seem like they could be from characters and you can kind of see how it's very futuristic and deals with the future of society and rock and roll mostly. I don't know if that's how Mr. Bowie intended it, but that's how I see it and I like it.

My favorite song of his... my favorite song ever is Soul Love. It's just such a beautiful loving song and it's just something I can listen to like a million times and still never get tired of it! I don't know why I just really really took to this song more than any other song ever. It always cheers me up even though its not really a happy song... it's just a real true and honest song about love.

Honorable mentions are Ziggy Stardust, Heroes, Under Pressure, Starman, Golden Years, Rebel Rebel... and I think that's it. Every song is really good. Those are just the faves!

Anyway that is it. I hope David Bowie has a very happy birthday and I hope all you Bowie fans have a great day.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Ohhh and I tagged Labyrinth but I didn't mention it... its a movie with David Bowie and Muppets... Ummm those are 2 of my favorite things in the entire world. Also he sings. And he's evil and creepy and awesome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f