Skip to main content

Review Time- Prism by Katy Perry

Sooo I didn't totally know if I wanted this cd or not. I have Teenage Dream and One of The Boys (thats Katy's first cd name right?) And I liked them enough, so I decided to buy Prism also. I don't know what it is, but if I have the first cd -from a female artist particularly- I will go out and buy their other cds just to see how they grew and changed and it just inspires me and empowers me. Also my mom out of the blue mentioned that she really likes Katy Perry, so I thought I'd leave it in the car for her after I downloaded it.

I wasn't expecting too much out of this album, I wasn't crazy about Roar and Katy Perry seems to be someone I get tired of easily... but honestly I love this cd! It really is inspirational to me, and Katy Perry is a pretty good artist to listen to if you want to be inspired. Firework, obviously is inspirational and a lot of her other songs are as well. 

Not only that but this girl, I think has such a big heart and I think it really shines in her music. I don't love talking about celebrities personal lives, but it is super apparent in a lot of her music. I really think she loved Russell Brand and I to this day am sad that they broke up. I'm a pretty big Russell Brand fan and I know that he has a lot of addictions and problems, and Katy knew all of these things about him and she accepted it and loved him for it. Her father was a drug addict also and he turned his life around so she truly believed that Russell could too... and he did but the marriage fell apart in part because of those addictions. And I'm fans of both of them, but I don't think that Russell will find someone to love him the way that Katy loved him and thats sad to me. The song Unconditionally makes me think that she really wants someone to love her the same way that she will love them, and I really think Katy deserves that. 
Again, I don't know that this is the case for these, they are celebrities, its not like we hang out in the same circles or anything I just feel that way and I have always admired Katy Perry for that reason. 

Anyhoo a lot of the songs have a nice 80s vibe to them, which I LOVE! If I didn't know Katy Perry sang some of them I would think that it probably was an 80s song. All the songs are super catchy and great. 

I think my favorite songs on the cd were Birthday, This is How We Do, and International Smile. International Smile is such a feel good happy song that you will fall in love with it immediately. Birthday is a nice 80s-ish song thats super catchy and is pretty sexy. This is How We Do is a super fun girl's night song. I feel like that would be a good song to listen to while getting ready to go out on the town or something. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f