Skip to main content

Feeling Lovely Thursday: Products I've used up

I was going to wait till I had a bunch of stuff and make this a GIGANTIC post... but I'm leaving for winter break tomorrow, and I don't want to leave all this random trash in my room. Side note: I do not like keeping empty products around very long, so you may not see very many of these from me.  (I'm pre-writing this it's 12/19 right now... well technically 12/20 but its only 1:19 so it hasn't be 12/20 for very long yet. lol. I just thought I'd mention that so that you don't think I got out of winter break super late or something like that. lol.)

Anyhoo let's check out all this trash! Doesn't it look cool??? Look there's even a dime! lol


 Alrighty lets start with hair since I seem to have the most haircare products here.

So the first thing I used up was the Pantene Smoothing Creme for normal to thick hair. I talked about this, and all of my products in my hair care routine post, so if you want specific details about how and when I use it, you should check that out. I ran out of this pretty much the day after I wrote the haircare routine blog lol. I like the way that this controlled my hair, but because I do like to wear my hair curly and this is for straight hair, it didn't work that well. It worked to control the hair, but it kinda took out a little bit of the supercurl effect I like, therefore I do not think I will repurchase this. I do like the Pantene BB Creme for hair, and I think I may repurchase that instead.






Next up is the Batiste dry shampoo with a hint of color in the deep dark brown shade. This is my second bottle of Batiste I used up and I love the product itself, but I wasn't completely in love with this formula. It was just a little too drying for my already dry hair and I didn't think it added volume or left my hair as nice as the ones without the color. This smells amazing though, so I may give it another try just for the smell of it... lol. I've been into puns lately.

 And the last hair product I used is my favorite and the one I'm kind of sad to live without for a little bit. This is the ouidad curl souffle which is a nice moisturizing styling product. To be honest I'm not totally sure what exactly it did to style my hair, but my curls did look a lot better when I used this. Plus it helps with dry hair and its just all around really a great product. Again I go into more detail on how to use it in my haircare post, but this is just one of my favorite hair products I have. I will be repurchasing this sometime, hopefully in the near future. It costs a pretty penny and I have no moneys right now... so it's gonna have to wait a bit!





Next I have some bath items.


This is the Avon naturals shower gel in the scent Cherry Blossom. I used most of this up quite a while ago and I forgot I had it. I was excited to see it on the shelf of my shower because this stuff smells quite amazing. I love the Avon Naturals line, they have a ton of stuff to choose from and they're all just nice natural scents. Nothing to floraly or spicy smelling, so they make pretty great gifts because its easy to find a scent for everyone. I would definitely repurchase anything from this line.



 Next I have the Gold Bond Ultimate healing lotion in the soothing aloe variety. I honestly did not know how many of these things there were until I shopped for it! I really liked this, it made my skin feel nice and smooth. The packaging sucks though because it pretty much stops pumping while the bottle is still half full and its too creamy to get out easily, so you end up squirting some lotion on yourself... and it looks quite unpleasant. Maybe its just because it's the family size, and I might try the normal one next time. I already purchased a different lotion though, so I won't repurchase this anytime soon.

On an odd sidenote, this has a surprisingly lovely smell to it. I was pleasantly surprised.

Now I guess I will talk about skincare...

The first guy I have is the Freeman feeling beautiful clay mask with avocado and oatmeal. I may have a teeny tiny bit of this left, but its such a small amount I don't think it could cover my whole face. I don't think I'm going to have time to do another mask before leaving and I don't want to take it home with me because the bottom doesn't close right and I don't really want to leave it here because the bottom doesn't close right lol. I don't want to leave it hanging around without a cap for like a month cause thats probably not sanitary. This stuff is great, it wakes me up. My skin has been looking fabulous and feeling soft this week and I'm sure this has a lot to do with it. I think masks are more of a "once a week thing" but I've been using this daily, twice a day this week actually and I've been fine with it. It's also good if you work in fast food or something because the smell of all the grease can get into your pores and make your face smell. This smells quite delicious so it works well for that.

This dude is the Olay Fresh Effects Shine Shine go Away cleanser. I like this stuff. I never really had much of a shine problem, but I do think the bit of shine I did have went away because this cleanser told it to. I've been using it a lot lately because as I've mentioned my pores have been bad and I thought this might help. My skin has been looking super nice this week, so I'm sure this was a big part of that. I've tried some other things from the Olay Fresh effects line and loved them including...











Make Up

Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream- Idk if this counts as make up or skin care... but honestly I friggin love this! I think I actually have one more use out of this, and I'm going to use that tomorrow before throwing it out.  It is so natural looking and so moisturizing. If I don't have time to moisturize, I'll just put this on my face and run out the door. It conceals and moisturizes and looks nice on dry skin. It is a tad bit oily, so if you have oily skin I would say to use this with a powder. I just love this. I will be purchasing this sometime soon hopefully, it's not a repurchase because I actually got this for testing purposes from the influenster voxbox program so yeah...

The only thing to be weary of is the packaging! Notice how its a squeeze bottle. Notice how mine doesn't have a cap at the bottom... thats cause I lost it! Pretty much a week after using this I lost the cap and I couldn't find it anywhere. I've been keeping this in a plastic bag so it wouldn't get everywhere, but I am of corse a lazy college student that does her make up on her bed and tends to leave the products there and sit on them when she gets back from class... so this tends to get everywhere. I'm going to guard that cap like a child when I buy this.

Also it smells amazing, which is always a plus!

And last but certainly not least is one of the best things in the world!



The Physicians formula organic jumbowear mascara. Cannot tell you how amazeballs this is.It is what your lashes are supposed to look like. It can get a little flakey on the bottom if you use too much mascara there, so just be careful of that, I don't typically put mascara on my bottom lashes, but I like experimenting with that every once and a while. Right now I am using the L'oreal voluminous butterfly mascara and I am LOVING that so much, so idk when I will repurchase this, but it will be sometime soon. I would have to say this and the L'oreal butterfly mascara are my two favorites.


So that is everything. Let me know if you like reading this, I may do this again if I feel so inclined, but I may not cause I like throwing out my trash. This is good though because it lets me assess these products and decide if I need to spend my money on more of these... so yeah. I like this type of thing.

Byeeeee!
-Shannon




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f