Skip to main content

2013 It List- Feeling Lovely Thursday Edition

Sooo since it is the first Thursday of the new year, I thought I would start it off with a special feeling lovely Thursday where I talk about my favorite 2013 beauty/fashion/hair/skincare/ bath products because those made me feel lovely. This is a top 10 list... but I cheated a bit. I haven't tried any total fails, I usually end up liking some aspect of every makeupy thing that I have... so there may be some overlay of things. Also I'm going to add a little manly bonus at the end, because these blog posts tend to be quite girly, but I thought I'd mention some manly thing for any manly men reading this blog. And que the two and a half men theme song. lolz.

1) Ugg Knee High Knit Boots- I have no idea what these are called, but they are my friggin favorite. I love uggs and toms, I like high heels but I do not live a high heel lifestyle and therefore cannot pull them off in everyday life. I love these so much because they can be worn as knee high's or you could pull them down. I got the blue color because I am a colorful person and I'm not overly concerned with them matching my whole wardrobe. I feel like with this color blue it can go with just about anything and it has so much pizazz and its so warm and comfy. I got these as a Christmas present, and they were actually on sale at Journey's at the time... so definitely recommend seeing if Journey's has any left. They have some pretty kickass sales there.

2) Nyx Butter Gloss Maple Blondie- I recently discovered Nyx this year and I think that they are absolutely awesome. The butter gloss in particular was an amazing formulation and it gave you a lot of color and its just really good. I think the Maple Blondie color is just a nice everyday pink that would look good on anyone. Lurve it!

3) American Eagle Jeggings- Holy crap I'm so happy I discovered these this year. I have a big butt and it's hard to find jeans for it and these jeans just make my butt look really nice. American Eagle is a store more for incredibly skinny people and I am not an incredibly skinny person, but these look great for the junk in my trunk. I have like 4 pairs already and I just discovered them in May. I have a pink pair, a distressed pair, and 2 normal dark pairs that I just got for Christmas. I like my jeans okay! These also go on sale like all the time, so look out for that!

4) Makeup palettes of the year- Okay so I couldn't really pick one for these so I'm going to be talking about three. All more high end palettes that I got from sephora and I dig them.

I'll start out with my most used which is the Stila In The Light palette. This one I've had the longest, I got it over the summer when I had a job and I thought I was super rich. It just has a ton of nice neutral shades that you can get either a nice daytime look or a night out look with. There are some mattes and some more shimmery satin shades. When I bought this I was originally going to buy the Naked 2 palette but I didn't $50 love the Naked Palette. When I saw the Stila one, I did $50 love it and you know what, it was only $39! I lurve it!

And the next one is the Boudoir eyes palette from Sephora that I just bought earlier this month with a coupon I had for $15 off. Again, I was looking to buy the Naked 3 palette but they didn't have it and I've been wanting this for quite some time anyway so I got it. I love it, I just used it when I went to a grammar school reunion so that I could look supa dupa fancy and I ended up getting a somewhat Zooey Deschannel-ish look that I ALWAYS WANTED! Zooey Deschannel is like my style icon and I friggin love her, so obvs I friggin love the palette too!

And last but certainly not least is the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. After all this trying for it, I caved and got it. At first I kind of regretted it just because it is a lot of money, but once I opened it up... holy friggin crap it was amazing! I keep staring at it because it's just so beautiful. I literally just got this a few days ago and I've only used 2 looks for it so far... but once I use it I may do a more in depth review or something. Expect something more on this palette because it is loverly.

5) Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream- I love this stuff. I've talked about it before... wait no I haven't I haven't posted my empties yet lol, okay I guess I will be talking about it more tomorrow, but its just super moisturizing and it's a good coverage for a BB cream. I especially love it during these winter months when my skin is dry, but all around great BB cream. I don't know if I would recommend this for oily skin girls because it may make you more shiny... but who knows it may work, it would probably be nice with a powder or something. Its a great product. No complaints!

6) Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 foundation- This has the longest name for a foundation ever! It's hard to blog about just for this. I wasn't a huge fan of it at first, but I thought what the heck, I'll still use it. It's a very matte foundation, so this one is good for people with oily skin, but for dry skin girls, fear not because it is still pretty damn fantastic. It stays on all day, makes you look flawless and have glowy radiant skin, and its pretty affordable. I haven't been using it lately because it clings to my dry spots, which I was getting towards the end of finals week. It really isn't terrible though, just give it a try!

7) Coach Poppy Perfume- I have always friggin wanted this. It smells amazing and with coach perfumes, a little goes a long long way! I got this on sale at a coach outlet, I think it was under 20 dollars... maybe not maybe it was a little over 30. Either way, it was a great price for a great perfume. I kind of want to go back there sometime soon to see if they have any of the other fragrances... maybe. idk. Super love it though!

8) Alex and Ani bangle bracelets- I love these things. They are so fun to collect and so fun to buy and to see as a gift. My sister got me one with a four leaf clover after our dog, Lucky passed away and we've both been in love with them ever since. I have 9 already... thats a lot. And they're just fun and super trendy right now. They make great gifts and they are all just really meaningful to me and I love them.

9) Mascaras- I can't just pick one I have 2 favorites. This was a good year for mascara. My first favorite is the Physician's Formula Organic Jumbo Wear Mascara. I used to love my Maybeline Falsies Flared, but after trying this I may never use that again. It gives incredible volume, it's a bit flakey, but its not an issue as long as you apply it right and don't overuse it. I remember putting it on and immediately being like "wow, this is what my lashes are meant to look like." It is quite amazing.

The next one is the L'oreal Voluminus Butterfly mascara. I was kind of hesitant to try this just because I loved my Physician's formula mascara so much, but the name and the commercials intrigued me. It again, is what your lashes are supposed to look like. It's very volumizing and it really extends the outer lashes to make it look fantastic and just awesome. The wand is a really unique design too, so its very different than any mascara. I even use it on my bottom lashes, which I don't usually do just because the wand makes it so easy and nice to do.

If I had to pick one of the mascaras, it would be the L'oreal one. I think in most places the L'oreal one is cheaper. I got the Physician's Formula mascara at Harmon, which is pretty much only an NJ beauty store and it was cheaper. It's owned by Bed Bath and Beyond, so if your Bed Bath and Beyond has make up and it has Physician's formula it may be cheaper there. Idk, but all around I think I just like the L'oreal one better and it's something you should try.

10) Victoria Secret Pink Wear Everywhere Push Up Bra- Okay, so I was debating on what to use here but so many of the things I like I've talked about a lot before, and I'm like "you know what I never talk about my boobs" so here we go. This is a little personal, sorry if this offends you in any way shape or form, but this shouldn't be offensive. Women have boobs, and they need to support them somehow because the saggy look never really caught on. Wish it had...

Anyhoo these are great because they really really support to the point where it's kind of life changing. Don't let the word "push up" intimidate you, these aren't like false boobs, they just push your boobs up so that they look nice and perky, it doesn't add like a ton of boob that wasn't there before. It can be overlooked but the right bra can really change your look. If you have an older bra it can tend to sag down a little bit more and that can make you look less thin than you actually are. Getting a new bra always makes me feel like I just got lypo and a boob job all at once. And it's way cheaper and less terrifying!

These aren't the cheapest bras, but they aren't the most expensive either. They are usually on sale 2 for $42 dollars, and Victoria Secret sends a lot of $10 off any $25 dollar bra. These are like $26 alone, so its the most bang for your buck with this coupon. The only trouble is its sometimes hard to find a neutral color, but the printed ones they have aren't all that dark that they're going to show up under your clothes. Really great, highly recommend. Since its Pink, idk if it works on girls with bigger boobs than me, but they do have a ton of sizes. I'd tell you mine, but it won't really affect the product and that would make this blog more awkward than it is. Anyway yeah, its good.

Awkward Transition to Manly Bonus...

The Manly Bonus! 
Dude Me Up- Okay so I am not a dude, I don't need duding up but this is a pretty awesome mens fashion website created by one of my favorite people in real life so it needs mentioning. Right now there is a blog up with some helpful fashion tips given from an everyday man to the everyday men of the world. Right now if you go to the website here there are a few helpful hints and some fashion ideas. More stuff will come in the spring when everything officially launches and there will be an app to go with it and live events and all sorts of goodies with it. They also have a twitter page right here if you want to follow them here just to see whats up and keep track of when this stuff is coming up.

Guys, it's something you all kind of need, no offense I just happen to know a lot of guys who could maybe use a bit of help... just a little tiny bit... okay a lot. A LOT! lol. Also girls, if you go out with your boyfriend and he's not dressed amazingly and you get a little embarrassed and you want to point him in the right direction without being mean about it... this may be a good thing. Lol.

I may be a little biased because I think the creator is cute, but trust me, I know him in real life and he's good at being a dude, so I think you should take his advice. I don't say this about many guys, so this is pretty much a guarantee.

Anyhoo that is it. I hope you enjoyed this. Wish you all a Happy New Year and I will blog with you tomorrow.

Byeeeeeeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f