Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up: 3/6/16

Heyyy guys! Happy Sunday here's whats good for the week!

Favorites 
Big Love- The most random show to start watching at the most random time... but I like it. It isn't your typical show... but it shows ordinary people living in a different way than most people. Not your average family, it is about polygamy... but its interesting to watch and the characters are all really great!

What We Do In The Shadows- So I'm trying to watch more movies and do posts on them... and I'll explain why I'm doing that when I finally post... but this was the funniest movie! It's so well done and clever... Its a fake documentary about vampires and its just really funny. One of my favorites I would say... really great. Can't wait to see We're Wolves. I hope they keep making these... I'd love to see a tv show of this. It's just a great concept.

Birdman- Figured I'd mention this movie too cause I really liked it. No one I know likes this movie... but I thought it was good. I'll talk about it more whenever that movies post comes out. Lol.



Highlights 
hmmmm... good question. I got a dress for my sisters Bridal Shower. I wasn't really looking for one... but I saw one I liked and it was on a great sale, so it was mine.

I went to the gym once this week... that was good. I went to Target a few times. I bought the book Whiskey Tango Foxtrot cause I want to see the movie, but I also want to know the real story.

And I went out to eat a couple times... so it was a good week.

News 
Debra Messing's divorce was finalized this week... The media was like "JUDGE FINALLY ENDS DEBRA MESSING'S MARRIAGE." Which I thought was funny. Idk I feel like when a woman is in the news for something like that... the media phrases things a lot differently. Funny huh?

Chrissy Teigan was busy this week. 1) She just released a cookbook and was promoting that this week. 2) she voiced her opinion about the Taylor Swift comment after winning her Grammy. Chrissy is good friends with Kanye West, he gave her husband John Legend his start and John sang at Kanye's wedding (my parents were going to a concert of his and he had to move it a few days to play Kanye's wedding. Cool right?) Anyway Chrissy said why waste your big moment on negativity. Which is a good point. But Kanye ruined her moment too... so meh. 3) She explained her face at the oscars. TBH... didn't read that article. It needs no explanation... Teigan probably doesn't agree with Stacy Dash and was like "ugh" at her being there. Again, even a female positive website kinda phrased some of the Teigan/ Swift stuff too also... not sure about this.

Tituss Burgess has delighted us all by releasing his own Pinot Noir. If you watch Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and you know Titus Andromedon... you know why thats funny. If  not just look up Pinot Noir Kimmy Schmidt on youtube and be amazed. Or watch the damn show! Lol.

World Events 
The Oscars were this Sunday! The big winner was Spotlight... I wrote a review on the Oscars on Monday... so if you want to read that you can go here.

The Vanity Fair Afterparty had even more celebrities! Anne Hathaway wore a lovely dress that highlighted her baby bump, so that was cool. Katy Perry snuck in and out in for Brie Larson. It was fun to watch on snapchat.

Leap Day was on Monday. People were celebrating by leaping off of things.. .in a safe manner. There were lots of people celebrating the extra day.

Astronaut Scott Kelly came back to earth this week... which was cool to watch on snap story. That's one of the cooler things I've seen on the snapchat story... I liked that a lot! That must be weird to come back to earth! Lol. Idk. Its cool to watch though. He was greeted by his twin brother, former Astronaut Mike Kelly and Jill Biden.

World Wildlife day happened... that was another great snap story! I love animals and they showed all different animals all around the world.

It was Fashion Week in Paris this week... I feel like there's always some sort of Fashion week going on lol. I think of all the brands I saw that Snapchat showed, Carven looked like it was nice. One brand just looked like Mugatu. Someone had a really cool coat with all different colors on. Kendall Jenner looked amazing! Balmain had good fashion too. It was for Winter 2016.

Super Tuesday was this Tuesday... that was deciding who the presidential candidates for each party will be. Trump won most for the  Republicans and Hillary won most of the Democrats. There was also a Republican debate with the most penis jokes I think I've heard in a debate so far.

There was some sort of Yacht show in Dubai I believe... it looked pretty amazing. Cannot lie about that! I want a yacht now. Lol.

The Arnold Fitness Festival Was this week! Lots of really strong men and women were competing in Texas I believe... thats different. "The Mountain" from Game of Thrones was on it... so thats cool.

TV Highlights 
So I watched Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex Girlfriend... which were my favorites last week. Love them.

I started watching Big Love... which is 100% random. I wanted to watch it because 1) The whole "sister-wives" things really interests me... I don't know why. I can't watch Sister Wives, I refuse to support that show or TLC because... they just hire too many questionable people. I like Say Yes To The Dress and 4 Weddings... and I'd consider watching those again honestly. I actually met someone from Say Yes To The Dress and she was the nicest person. I didn't know who she was, but my sister's future mother in law and niece knew her and they went up to say hi and she was very nice. Don't know the name... but she is nice and not questionable! Lol. So thats a plus. I could probably do a blog on my Kleinfeld's experience... hmm. Might do that soo.

Anyway but yeah... I have a feeling Big Love is going to be an obsession... if it isn't already a favorite this week. Lol.

I watched The Real O'Neals and Modern Family. I did a review on the Real O'Neals... which you can read here. I also did a review of Big Love here. Those were good.

Greys Anatomy was good but very sad with Meredith's patient. I thought they'd go more into detail with April and Jackson... and they didn't but that was okay.

How to Get Away With Murder was the best episode in a while! I really liked it. I didn't really watch The Family... I tried but it was kinda boring. I didn't really like the characters. I couldn't get into it.

Noteworthy Snacks 
I had cheesesteak from my favorite place this weekend. Its a bar called The Brick Wall and its really cool. If you live in Jersey... get their cheesesteak cause its amazing.

I tried the Citrus Green Tea Latte from Starbucks and I liked it so much I ordered again... and I still like it! I did a review on it here.

I also had the Smoked Gouda and Chive Chips from the new Lays Flavor Swap competition. I like them a lot. I like them a lot better than the regular Sour Cream and Onion potato chips... they are really quite good. I like them!

I also tried new cadburry cookies. The Crunchie Cookies... which I love. Crunchies are some of my favorite candies and this is really good in a cookie. I think these are great. There used to be a cookie called Fox's that are amazing.

And I tried Cadbury cookies also... really good. These cookies were just a good idea.

Thoughts 
Sometimes its fun to get out of your comfort zone of movies and TV and watch something random. I'm sure this is true for things in real life also. Just try something new that you never thought you'd do because it might just be a lot of fun!

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f