Skip to main content

Scribbles About Music- What's Inside: Music from Waitress by Sarah Bareilles review

So this is sort of a different and exciting Scribbles About Music for me. This is another Musical, but the songs aren't the musical soundtrack... at least I don't think it is... idk. Basically there was a movie called Waitress that recently got turned into a musical and Sarah Bareilles wrote the music for it... and this soundtrack is her singing all of the songs... but I'm pretty sure she isn't actually in the musical. Got it? Okay lol.

So really... I don't think this is a play that I'll end up seeing. I didn't see the movie, but it didn't look like something I'd really like. It seems sad, and I don't really want to see a sad musical. If this ever came out locally for a good price I'd see it maybe... but yeah.It looks good, but not my cup of tea... and I've got my eyes on Hamilton. Lol.

But the music for this is fantastic! Sarah Bareilles did a great job on this. I love that the theme of being a waitress is featured pretty much in a lot of the songs. Its just really pretty great. And I love that the male lead (I guess) in this is Jason Mraz. I think he does a great job. I love the song Bad Idea, I think they do a great job singing together. Their vocal chemistry is great.

The song She Used to Be Mine is really great and so moving and sad too. That's one of those songs that could totally make you cry... its so great. If you want to listen to one song, that one is the most moving I'd say.

And all of the sound very show-tuney and Sarah Bareilles at the same time. You can tell there's a good story there, but it is also like "this is a pop album. " at the same time. I feel like its a lot different and its very interesting.

So yeah, I'd recommend listening to a few of these songs at least. I'll probably listen to the soundtrack for the play if it comes out on apple music also cause thats just how I listen to stuff. Lol.

Overall, I would recommend this if you like musicals and/or if you like Sarah Bareilles. If you don't like either of those... idk why you'd like it or why you bothered reading this, but thanks! I appreciate it, and you know... maybe don't listen to this then.

But yeah. I give it 2 thumbs up. I'll listen to it some more!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...