Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up- Sept 13th, 2015

Welcome to the weekly wrap up where I share some of my favorites from the week and some of the cool stuff that I did. Let's jump into it!

Favorites 

Soap and Glory Smoothie Star Body Milk- This smells amazing and it works so well! This is a british company... mayve British people have really dry skin and they formulated this perfectly for my dry legs... I think its the best moisturizer that I have ever tried... its still early to say that... but I'd say the best scented one for sure. Its really a great product and the smell just makes me happy. Definitely a great product... wow. Just wow. I need to try some more from Soap and Glory!

Supernatural- I just started watching this show and at first I was like "This is so good" then I was like "meh" but then it got a lot better! This is a lot like The X Files, there are 10 seasons, so theres a ton to watch... I'm going to do a post on this like how I do the X Files... but I've never seen this show before and I don't know any spoilers about it really. I knew the two people that died in the first episode... but thats the first episode. I heard someone else died too I think... but I don't remember who. And I know they get possessed by angels at some point... idk much at all though. Really fun show to watch. I'm becoming a pretty big fan of it.

Foldgers Caramel Drizzle K Cups- I haven't had these in a while and forgot how delicious they are... which is very! These are really good. The Foldgers K Cups and anything with the name "donut" are my favorites. This smells so good when you put it in the Keurig and it just tastes so good! They have a lot of good flavors, but I like this one best!

Highlights 
Sunday I did a lot of cleaning/rearranging in my room and a lot of it got done that day... and I went out with my parents to a nice restaurant called Nicholas and they had a special at the bar with Lobster Bisque, Lobster Rolls and a dessert for a set price and it was delicious. I can still taste the lobster roll in my mouth... possibly the best thing I ever ate... loved it. The drink I had was good too it was a chocolate martini... really strong lol.

Monday I did a little more for cleaning my room and we had family and friends over and that was fun. Lots of family jokes and things.

Tuesday I went shopping with my friend... she wanted to get the new Too Faced Vegas Nay palette... which I got for her belated birthday present! Lol. I ended up getting it when we went too... so pretty! On Tuesday I finished a lot of stuff with my room too! I was almost kind of done at this point... kind of lol.

Wednesday I had a busy day. I went to lunch with my parents, then to the gym and then an event with the DJ that my sister wanted... and ended up booking for her wedding. I may do a Bridesmaid Diaries on that soon. Best part of this event? Open Bar... lol. I had a Malibu and Pineapple Juice... it was delicious! First time I had had that... really dug it!

Thursday... didn't do much.

Friday I watched the 9/11 tribute... this was the first year I had seen it I think probably since whenever the last time it was on a weekend was. The most I've ever seen of it. And it is just them reading the names of the victims, but its so touching because by them doing this every year, you begin to recognize the names. And with the new museum you get to learn some of their stories and it is really touching and interesting to hear about everyone. Some of the names are familiar from what I have seen of these before, I remember one woman who's last name was Youmans and it is a good way to never forget what happened and never forget all those bright and beautiful lives that were lost that day.

On a lighter note, I had a PSL and a Pumpkin Scone with my mom (she doesn't like scones so she didn't have that) and we went to a craft store and Harmon and had a good day together. I also made a minion design out of Pearler Beads.

Saturday did nothing really. Went to lunch. Still not 100 % done with my room... but you know. Its a thing.
What I watched 

So I started out watching some awesome stuff on Sunday. ABC Family had an awesome movie marathon and I was all about that.

Movies (mostly Cartoons)- So I just watched a bunch of Cartoons and I had them listed separately... but I'm putting them together here. The ones I watched beginning to end were Finding Nemo and Mulan. I watched the beginning of Ratatouille and the end of Cars 2 and Tangled. I really love all these movies except for Cars 2. That was the only Pixar movie I've ever not liked. It was pretty bad. I loved seeing Finding Nemo again, what a great movie. I think it is my 3rd favorite Pixar Movie after Monster's Inc and Inside Out. I'll have a definitive ranking of all of them soon. Mulan was also really good... in the beginning they have a bunch of songs and they're all really good... and then the huns straight up kill a man and its crazy. At the beginning of the movie! First time we see the villains and they straight up kill a guy... its gangsta. Tangled also one of my favorites, Mother Gothel is the most heartbreaking villain because she really doesn't care about Rapunzel and Rapunzel really loves and trusts her. She might be my favorite princess... I like her. And Ratatouille I've seen 100 times and its just so watchable. Thats something I usually watch whenever its on. Really all Pixar movies I do that with... except Cars lol. And the end of Toy Story 2 I saw and Wreck it Ralph was on after, so I watched that too. This was yesterday!

Bar Rescue- Spike airs Bar Rescue like all day every day... I don't know if they have any other shows... but they have Bar Rescue and its good. They did a cool prohibition themed bar that I liked... but it was such a small bar and it didn't look like a bar because it was  a speakeasy...so idk how it really worked...

Going Clear- Really interesting documentary about the seedy underbelly of scientology... and it is really scary. The thing that affected me the most from it was John Travolta's friend Spanky... who basically left the church because her baby was being abused in some sort of scientology training facility that they had her in and she escaped it and left the church... and thats something that happens. A lot of it is crazy and its hard to explain because it is so crazy... but its a good documentary about it and you really get a look into something that isn't very well talked about... but is also fascinating.

I'm going to slip this in here because I think it fits and I don't want to promote this video or this person's youtube channel at all. I think its something that should be ignored and not even watched... but that is just my opinion. Its a video on youtube being talked about because this skinny blonde idiot is basically fat shaming people in the name of comedy... and I'm sure you've heard about it, I'm sure everyone has an opinion about it... I'm not saying the name of the person or the channel because its something you just shouldn't watch. This skinny white girl talks about what a burden fat people are in the world and she acts disgusted because she had to sit next to obese people in the airport. Ohhh boo f*cking hoo. And she says that she's "not doing this to be an asshole" she's "doing it to be a friend. someone needs to tell you to lose weight." NOBODY ASKED YOU! I DON'T WANT YOUR FRIENDSHIP! GO AWAY! Unless you're an actual doctor, you shouldn't tell people to lose weight. If someone had ever told me what she told me, that wouldn't make me want to lose weight. You know who made me want to lose weight? Myself! I had been unhappy with the way I looked in pictures for a while and when my sister got engaged I knew that I would be happier in the pictures of her wedding if I lost a little weight. In April I was 210 pounds, I hadn't weighed myself since then and I started my "weight loss journey"(I hate that phrase) in June and now I'm like 196. Thats a bit of a humble brag (if anything, 196 is still pretty big... lol.) but I feel comfortable in my own skin now, and I know I'm just going to do better... and if this girl drinks her starbucks every day like she says she does and if her youtube career takes off and she doesn't have time for the gym... guess what? She'll be 210 pounds too! So really don't talk! Sorry for the tangent. But I felt the need to talk about that. I wasted like 3 minutes of my life watching this ignorant asshole that is probably disgusted by my existence... so I might as well fire some opinions on it, even secretly.

Arrow- This is such a fun show to watch. I haven't really been bingewatching it because I haven't really had the time... but its a fun one! Really recommend it!

The Chew- Love this show. My favorite Daytime Talk show, the cast is just so good and they work so well together. I really like them.

Supernatural- You guys already know this... lol

Blackish- Another one of my favorite shows. I could watch the same episodes of this like 5 times and still think its funny and notice something different every time. I need to watch the whole first season because this is just great.

Jim Norton: Please Be Offended- I saw this comedian at the Oddball Comedy Festival and he was good and I saw he had a bunch of specials to watch and I was cleaning my room, so I decided to watch it and it was funny. He's gotten a lot better as a comedian since this... but this was still pretty funny.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D- I've been getting more into super hero type shows since watching Arrow and more Spy type shows since watching The X Files and this is the perfect combo. I also wanted to start watching it because its on Tuesday Night which is when The Muppets and Fresh Off The Boat are on and that just seems like a fun combo for me with this after it. I had seen the first episode and liked it, so I wanted to watch more.

What I listened to 

Comedy Bang Bang- Eric Stonestreet was on this week and Victor, Tiny and Victor's new vocal coach. And Victor, Tiny and the vocal coach are all played by one really talented person that Scott tries to trip up as much as he can! This is probably one of my favorite comedy bang bang episodes of all time... its really quite funny.

Serial- I've been listening to Serial again because I think Season 2 will be on soon and I want to write a book slightly about this and I want to listen to Undisclosed again. I know I did a review on this channel of the first episode... I never really listened to it after that... but this is a good show and I like it!
Random Haul 

When I went shopping with my friend I picked up 4 of the Funko Mystery minis in the minion collection. I got a bob holding a teddy bear, a stuart playing the ukelele, a minion doing karate and a hot topic exclusive of a Cro Minion thats on fire... all so cute! I still need the Gone Batty Minion from these because I love it! They also have an adorable King Bob that looks pretty much just like the pop... and I have the pop so its not that important... but I want it! Lol. I was just going to get 2 but they were buy 3 get one free... so it would have been ridiculous not to get 2 more right? Lol.

My mom got me a couple cups with the Gone Batty minion on them... adorable. I'm super happy about them!

And my cousins got me a gone batty minion tin with the gone batty minion on it! And the candies on the inside are amazing too. They're a strawberry lemonade flavor I think... so yummy. I love these minion tin candies. They always taste good. And the Gone Batty Minion is my absolute favorite... so yeah.


I got a mystery minion megablock pack... which I regret A) because it was hard to get it together. The arms and feet aren't as good as Legos, so its hard for someone older than a kid to put together. B) They were all really cute and there was one with a scary clown face... guess which one I got? Scary clown face. He's hiding on one of my shelves. Lol.

Goals 

Still didn't finish my room... I have like 8 more "tasks" that I need to do before being completely done... and I'm trying to get that done by next Saturday. Hopefully it will be clean by then and I can maybe blog about what I did and why I did it and how I kind of organized it all... idk... and how I plan on keeping up with it. So I did that goal from last week and thats good.

Didn't get to the gym as much as I wanted to last week... this week might also be great. Its shark week... which isn't actually shark week... but you get what that means if you're a girl. Lol. I should be fine on Monday which is the next time I'd probably go anyway... but yeah. Hopefully I can get there a little bit more than last week. I still ended up losing 1 pound, so thats good.

Even if I can't make it to the gym a whole lot this week... I still want to try to drink more water because that helps also. Breakfast and water are good to help.

And I kind of want to start or finish a book. I started reading The Cukoo's Calling... but thats a hard book to read in the pool... so maybe now that I'm not in the pool so much I can start it again. I also need to finish Amy Poehlers book... maybe at the gym? Don't love bringing hard covers to the Gym, but I think this would be okay. Might try that!

Byeee! Hope you all had a good week! This is just a fun way for me to look back on the positives!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f