Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up! Weekly Favorites, Oddball Festival of Comedy and Curiosities, Random Stuff Haul, What I watched

Todays weekly favorites is a big one! So lets start with some of the regular favorites. I think I'm just going to call this "The Weekly Wrap Up" from now on cause I'm combining a lot this week and I'll combine more in the future.

Favorites 
Arrow- I mentioned that I started watching this last week. At first I was kind of "meh" but by episode 4 or 5 I was pretty hooked. Really great show, definitely going to finish it up and I can't wait for Season 3 and The Flash to be on Netflix because they do crossovers and stuff and it just sounds cool. I don't really read comics... but I feel like there are DC people and there are Marvel people and I'm a DC person. I didn't know this was DC until recently and I think its really cool. In general I kind of like more detective things so that makes sense that I like detective comics more right? Right!

Rook Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew- This may be the most delicious iced coffee ever. I love Rook, its local here, everyone who's ever been to central NJ knows Rook and how wonderful it is and probably see the logo a few times a day at least... but this pumpkin spice brew is the best. If you don't love coffee, I'd recommend getting this light and sweet from rook because its perfection. I'd definitely get as many as you can before its gone because it is damn delicious. If you're not from Central NJ... I'm sorry. Maybe visit? Lol. Its a good time of the year for that (most tourists are leaving) and its worth trying lol.

Stop and Shop Pumpkin Spice Cookies- So these are little sandwich cookies that are pumpkin spice flavored cookies with a cheesecake like filling and it is just AMAZING! I don't mean to have all these pumpkin food favorites... but dang. These are good. And the filling doesn't totally taste like cheesecake. Its a little more cheese-cake-y than an oreo filling... but I'm not a huge fan of cheesecake and I love it.

Chicken Fried Steak- I don't actually eat steak, like ever! But another local food favorite, Dan's Deli if you're from the area, always does a special on Thursday where he does a "Pot Luck" dinner. He'll make something, he'll announce it in stores on Wednesday and on his Facebook page Wednesday Night and you can order Thursday morning and its A TON of food for a really great price... highly recommend. You can feed a family of 4 with 2 meals and sometimes there will even be leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day. Its really good. Anyway he announced he was having Chicken Fried Steak, so I decided to try it, because everything Dan makes is good, and everything fried is good... so its a double whammy of goodness. And it was good! Really good! Definitely something I was afraid of trying, but I tried it and loved it!

Random Haul 

So I already mentioned I went out to the mall and ended up picking up 4 Funko Pop figures from Hot topic. I got one hot topic exclusive, which was Elvis Stitch, and 3 figures from Minions: Cro Minion, Eye Matie Minion, and Bored Silly Kevin. I have mini reviews here. The only thing I'd say different is that Bored Silly Kevin doesn't have the best paint job and he's a little hard to stand up. His feet kind of force him to fall forward, but I think thats because he's so bored that he's falling asleep. Cool right?

I also found the one minion I didn't yet have later that night, and that minion is King Bob. He is adorable, he's the one I wanted 3rd most I think and he is absolutely adorable. He's so tiny and has a big crown on him. Really really cute. And I got Groot. One time I went into Hot Topic for some reason and I looked at the Funkos because I thought they were cute and I saw Groot and I thought he looked really cool and I really wanted him but I didn't know what he was from so I didn't know if I would like whatever he was from so I didn't get him. Later that day I saw Guardians of The Galaxy... and loved it. Totally holds up. And then I couldn't find Groot anywhere since that... and now I have him so Yayyyy! Lol. Now I have him.

And I got a t shirt from the Oddball Comedy Festival... which I will talk more about in a bit!

Ohhh and I got a few minion gifts from a friend. A minion jello mold set, a minion pearler bead design book and a minion tote bag which is adorable because it has dave on the front and Kevin on the back.

Ohhh and I got a mystery minion from Suncoast and it was one I already have, but I was happy to see they have the mystery minions. It was Bob waving and looking really adorable! Not the mystery Minis from Funko, but a random mystery minion toy. Love these they are the most exciting thing in the world. Lol.

What I watched this week 

I mentioned Arrow is what I've watched most this week... loved it. Totally hooked now.

Playing House- Another favorite show. Shonda Rhimes loves this show too... random but she's such a brilliant television drama writer and the shows she watches are all comedies. She likes The Mindy Project, Another Period, Playing House, I'm pretty sure she mentioned she's a fan of Girls... its pretty cool.

Supernatural- Just started watching this one. I'm going to have a post like how I do the X Files posts but I'm watching this for the first time so its all new... So far great pilot, didn't love episode 2 but episode 3 was pretty great... so I'm excited to keep watching it. I really like the characters and I want to see how things turn out.

What I listened to this week 

Everything In Transit- When I was at the gym I ended up listening to the entire album Everything In Transit and it was awesome. One of my favorite Albums ever. I also listened to the new song from Andrew Macmahon, Cecilia and The Satellite which is the most beautiful song ever I think. Cecilia is Andrew's daughter who I think is just maybe a year old or so. Andrew had Leukemia around the time Everything In Transit came out I think... and the song is about him being the satellite and that he'll always be with Cecilia and that she's the best thing about his life. Its so sweet. I told my mom his story and what the song is really about and she started tearing up. Really its a beautiful song. Highly Recommend it.

Comedy Bang Bang- One of my favorite podcasts! I try listening to this every week, I'm a little behind though and I really love it. Jemaine Clement was on an episode this week. I love him, big Flight of The Conchords fan. Such a funny podcast.

How Did This Get Made- I wasn't caught up on this show either and I caught up this week... another funny show. Love Paul Scheer. Love Bad Movies.

I tried listening to Blacklist Table Reads of Chrome Noir... I couldn't get into it. I love Blacklist Table Reads... this one was just hard for me to listen to. Maybe I'll read it... idk. Lol. I love doing Ear Movies... but yeah.

Highlights of The Week 

So I went shoe shopping this week. I went out with my friend Tori which was fun. I tried Chicken Fried Steak for the first time... I went Grocery Shopping a bunch lol. I went out for Doughnuts with my sister and mom and we got Rook also... which was cool. Went to the gym a bunch. Well... a few times. Not every day lol.

I also went to The Oddball Festival of Comedy and Curiosities and that was fun. It was a lot of fun. If any of those comedians were playing live somewhere nearby, I would definitely see any of them. My friend's boyfriend got the tickets for free because of a lawsuit from Livenation because they overcharged customers or something. Anyway the tickets were free and they were lawn seats, so they weren't great seats... but for a comedy show lawn seats are pretty perfect. I'm more into comedy than I am music... but its not like they had crazy screens or anything happening.

So there were 8 comedians total Todd Barry, Jay Pharaoh, Michael Che, Jim Norton, Anthony Jesselnick, Nick Kroll, Amy Schumer and Aziz Ansari. And it was all hosted by Jeff Ross.

Jeff Ross was the first person to come out. He hosted the show so he was on all through the night, he brought people up onstage and did mini roasts, he had a roast cam and was roasting people in the audience for a bit until it didn't work. He was really good. I've never been a huge fan of Jeff Ross just because I don't love Roasts... but he is really the only person that can do it. He's such a great roaster... he was an awesome host. He's such an asshole and takes everyone down but at the same time, he honestly seems like the nicest guy and I would hang out with him. Thats the type of vibe you need to give for a roast... and it was pretty fantastic.

Next the first set of comedians came out and I wasn't really expecting much from them. Todd Barry was pretty funny. He has a really dry humor thats really funny and I liked him. He was the most quotable comedian of the evening. Definitely a good person to have first. Even if he does get super famous... he's a strong opening act. Really good. I also recognized him, didn't know where from and it was Flight of The Conchords! He's the Doggie Bounce guy in the episode The Third Conchord and he forms a band with Demitri Martin... who is his twin brother in comedy. Lol. He's good.

Jay Pharaoh was next. I didn't know him, but I wasn't expecting an SNL person to be good with standup... he was! He did really good impressions of people too. He did a spot on Kevin Hart impression and a good Eddie Murphy... and he really tried with a Louis Ck impression. Lol. Also from SNL Michael Che who was really good. He was pretty slow starting up but that kind of worked really well. They were really great... I feel like I'm not going to say much about everyone else because I started writing this last night, fell asleep and now I'm finishing it pretty early in the morning for me. Lol. So tired... But I'll try. Lol.

Then Jim Norton. He was really good, but I can see he's kind of a particular sense of humor. I didn't like him that much at first but then he was pretty funny and made me laugh a lot. Same with Anthony Jesselnick, I thought he was better than I remembered. I saw one episode of his comedy central show and it was good but I think his style of comedy didn't suit the style of the show. Everyone in the comments online were like "ohhh jesselnick is going to be on with amy schumer? Awkward!" Because they used to date... but they're still friends. She was on his show a few times I think and he even said she's one of his favorite comedians... so it isn't that weird I don't think.

Nick Kroll was my favorite of the night. He was really funny. He had a joke about pooping your pants that was just really funny. He's really good. He even did some of his impressions like Bobby Bottleservice and El Chupacabra. It was really good.

And then Amy Schumer and Aziz who are great. During Amy Schumer's set a bunch of people were yelling out famous people names like "Jennifer Lawrence" and "Madonna" and one woman was waving at her for her whole set and she did a good job of shutting her down but not too badly... but it was good. It wasn't in an awkward way or anything, but it was weird and disrespectful that women were just trying so hard to get noticed by her. And now that girl is probably like "ohhh my gosh Amy Schumer is my BEST FRIEND" when its like no she just kind of shut you down. And it bothered me because I don't think they were doing that to the men. I'm guessing people in the front row know who Nick Kroll is and its not like they were like "Amy Poehler!" or anything. Or at least he didn't address it... which he probably would have had they done that. Idk. I just thought it was weird.

Aziz Ansari is the comedian I think I can relate to the most. I missed like half of his act but he was really good. He kept saying "I'm 32 years old I can do whatever I want" and thats just really funny.

Great lineup. Funny show. Worth the $0 we paid for it. Lol.

Goals for This week

I need to get to the gym a little more. I missed it Tuesday and Wednesday this week... which isn't a big deal... but I need to get there more.

I also really want to re-arrange things in my room. Maybe get rid of some stuff... maybe just utilize my space a little bit better... idk. I've already started kind of brainstorming what to do and writing down things that I think will help me utilize the space a little better. I have a lot of stuff and not a lot of room... so thats a problem. Lol.

And I think that is everything. I want to start waking up a little earlier too... There are some things I need to do to be a better adult I think and that is one of them. Lol.

So yeah... those are the plans for the week. That is everything I did, everything I ate and watched and listened to and bought... and that is everything of note!

Byeeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f