Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: The Muppets Review

This was the show I was most excited about... but also the one I was most scared of. I love The Muppets and I've been following all the press for this of corse... who hasn't been right? But I was worried because I knew it wasn't really going to be the muppets I grew up with... and it wasn't... but thats okay.

It's not exactly a kids show, not exactly an adult's show. You could watch it with kids I think... it isn't like there are any racey jokes or anything... but this is what I've heard online and it is true... the emotions of the characters make it an adult show. There's a lot of sad themes that kids won't exactly be able to relate to like Kermit's breakup with Miss Piggy and Fozzie being scared his girlfriend's parents won't like him. Its emotions kids won't understand but its relatable for grown ups because its the muppets. Its not unlike Bojack Horseman actually... but not quite as sad and it is kid friendly... but something adults can watch too.

And aside from thinking about all of that just watching and enjoying the show as a whole... its a really funny and good show. It might be a little creepy if you're just expecting muppets to act like muppets and don't like Kermit calling Miss Piggy "sexy"... but for some reason it was kind of easy for me to see the distinction between the two and I didn't find it inappropriate or gross or too much. I can see it maybe being a bit creepy that Fozzie is dating a non muppet... but it was mostly just a satire really... and thats what this is overall. Its just a good Hollywood Satire.

So I thought it was really great.There are lots of Hollywood Satire's out there... including Bojack Horseman... and I typically do like the shows and I'm happy to see one with The Muppets because they're like the kids versions of Satires and they always have very meta jokes and it is sort of a first introduction to comedy for most kids... and if you're like me and love comedy, its probably always been a pretty big deal for you!

So yeah! I really liked it! I'd give it a B+... I don't quite think its an A... but its pretty good and I like watching that and then Fresh Off The Boat and I'll be excited when Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D returns cause I've been binging on that and loving it this week.

What did you guys think? Creepy? Funny? Let me know!

Byeeeeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...