Skip to main content

Things I'm Excited For: Fall!

So it is September 2nd which means... its still summer. Lol. But its also almost fall... and I think I did this for summer so I'm going to do it for fall. I don't know if there's a ton of movies or anything (I lied there are quite a few) I'm excited for... but in general... I have some excitement for Fall... so lets get into that.

1) American Horror Story: Hotel- This is the most excited I've been for American Horror Story. It sounds creepier than Freakshow... which was pretty creepy. I'm really excited for the additions to the cast like Max Greenfield, Matt Bomber is back, Lady Gaga! I love Jessica Lange I think she's coming back... but I'm not sure. Either way I think the cast sounds absolutely amazing. One of the murderers is based on the woman that Charlize Theron played in Monster... it just all sounds cool. I got the Entertainment Weekly with Gaga in character on the cover and it is awesome. So looking forward to it. Which means it will probably be horrible... lol no I think Lady Gaga is going to surprise everyone with her acting abilities... and I'm just a huge fan of hers so I'm really really pumped for it.

2) The Goosebumps Movie- I never really read Goosebumps as a kid... I know SHOCKING! I'm the right age for it lol... but I remember the old tv show and I remember parts of books that I skimmed through and it was never bad at all. The movie looks pretty fantastic though. I love the concept of the monsters escaping the books and attacking people I think that sounds so clever and it just looks totally awesome. I think Jack Black looks perfect for it, I feel like it looks like Jumanji or Pixels or something like that. Note: I realize Pixels got incredibly bad reviews... to each their own I want to see it. Not out in theaters... but when its on tv I am going to watch it. I think it looks good and when I was seeing paper towns the people in front of me were going to see goosebumps and the girl that worked there said "You're going to love Pixels." So I trust the girl from the movies more than the critics lol. That is a bit of a tangent... I'm going to see this movie in theaters no matter what because I think its going to be more exciting that way than any other way. I think it'll be good. And this isn't totally nostalgia for me... (except kind of since I think its going to be like Jumanji. lol.)

3) The Peanuts Movie, The Scorch Trials and some Winter Movies- Some more movies I'm excited about. The Scorch Trials which I just read, that comes out at the tail end of summer really. I loved the book The Scorch Trials... Possibly even more than Maze Runner and the Maze Runner movie is probably one of my favorite books turned into movies ever... I really dig it. I'm pretty excited to see how they do it... they didn't really go into the psychic thing in The Maze Runner... so I think it'll be interesting because it really comes into play in The Scorch Trials... so that should be fun.

I also really want to see The Peanuts Movie coming out in November. The animation is... different. I kind of don't know how I feel about it, but I love the Peanuts and Paul Feig is directing it and he directed bridesmaids and he's a cool guy. It looks like a cute movie and I'm excited about it!

I also want to see 2 movies coming out in December, technically the last few days of fall... I'll mention them here just cause I feel like I have to, but I will go more in depth in my Things I'm excited for: Winter post. The first movie is of corse a little movie called Star Wars: The Force Awakens. And the second is called Sisters and it stars Amy Poehler and Tina Fey... and honestly I'm probably more excited about Star Wars cause who isn't... but I need to support my girls so I'm definitely going to see Sisters first!

4) Fall Fashion: Boots, Flannel, Leggings- Who doesn't love fall fashion? Am I right?

So I just got a pair of really adorable boots from the Famous Footwear Outlet that I cannot wait to wear. They're so comfy and so cute and I think they go with everything. I can wear them with jeans and leggings or I could wear them with knee highs and a skirt and be super cute and fall ready. Really excited. I also have quite a few pairs of Ugg Boots I've accumulated over the years... so that is exciting.

Also excited about Flannel shirts. I rock these a lot, I own quite a few I just got a cool flannel jacket from Zumiez. I'm a big fan of the Lumberjack-chic look and I think its quite awesome and comfy and warm. Dig that.

And who doesn't love leggings? So comfy, so warm and so cute. If you can't tell, I'm a big fan of things that look cute but are also super comfy... and Leggings are the definition of cute and comfy and I dig that! Yayyy!

5) Pumpkin Spice Everything- As a typical White Girl I'm really excited for this major White Girl Food Group to be back in season. There are 5 types of white girl food groups, and 4 of them are seasonal. Pumpkin Spice for Fall, Gingerbread for Winter, S'mores for summer, Red Velvet for Spring and Chipotle year round. And Pumpkin Spice is THE ONE to get. Mostly because you can get Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING really and it all tastes pretty damn delicious. I'm excited for the return of the PSL from Starbucks of corse. I think Dunkin has a new Pumpkin something or other out now... that is also quite exciting. Stop and Shop has some good pumpkin goodies I talked about Yesterday and there are some new pumpkin things I'm pretty pumped for too. Its an exciting time.

6) The Muppets- How could you not love The Muppets? I'm really excited for the new Muppet Show... I love everything Muppets. If I date you, the first question I'm going to ask is who your favorite muppet is because that says more about you than anything else could... which is why I'm single probably... lol. The show looks so funny to. Its like a 30 Rock version of The Muppets basically and the previews with the other ABC stars are so funny. My favorite one I think is Gonzo with Randall Park and the woman that plays his wife in Fresh Off The Boat... Love that show and its just such a funny ad. I need to watch all of the ads really... but the show just looks awesome and with Kermit and Piggy's Break Up... I think there will be drama and its already becoming like real life... just so funny.

7) My Birthday- My birthday is October 16th! I'm turning 24 this year and I'm quite excited. I think I'm going to see Something Rotten with my sister and maybe have a "treat yo'self day" with my friends! Last year my birthday was fun too... but I had exams that week so I couldn't celebrate all that much. I actually did have fun the day of my birthday because I had my improv exam and my friend went to see it and I felt like I got to show off and I was really good... but then I had 2 other exams that friday and that was hard... lol. But this time it'll just be fun and nice and slightly less stressful.

8) Tv Shows Returning- I'm SO EXCITED for the return of all my favorite shows. Bill Hader on Brooklyn 99? Awesome. The Mindy Project on Hulu? Also Awesome. TGIT? YESSSS! I really need to watch Scandal from the beginning though... lol. But yeah. Also I really like The Goldbergs, Blackish, Fresh Off The Boat, New Girl, I just started watching Arrow and I want to watch that and The Flash before they come back. Jane The Virgin is one of my favorites... so many shows. And there are some good shows coming up. I think I want to watch Supergirl and... idk. Maybe I'll watch Agents of Shield again cause I liked that but I'm not super into Marvel... ohh well. (other than Guardians of the Galaxy... which is one of my favorite movies I think.)

9) Rook Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew- I just tried the Rook Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew and it is DELICIOUS! Highly recommend if you live in Central Jersey or near a Rook. I get mine light and sweet, but its always awesome. They're the best local coffee shop I can recommend... but yeah. Really good.

10) Federici's Butternut Squash Soup- I had always wanted to try butternut squash soup, but never actually tried it. Federici's is a local pizza place that is probably my favorite restaurant and there isn't anything I've tried from there that I've disliked. They have an amazing menu and there is something there for everyone. This soup is the best soup I've ever tasted. Its got all the best tastes of fall in a delicious hot bowl of soup, perfect for chili weather... and overall just amazing. I'm not a big soup person, but I really do like creamy soups and this is creamy and delicious and just totally awesome.

Hope you guys try some of these things or are as excited for them as I am. Kind of random assortment of things here... but all exciting things right??? I'm really pumped. I cannot wait for The Muppets. I just watched Muppets Most Wanted again... I'm excited.

Byeee!
-Shannon





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f