Skip to main content

Scribbles About News:End of August/ Beginning of September 2015

So I was just going to do a regular scribbles about news... but there wasn't as much news last week and I never got a chance to post this... so I'm combining two weeks. I might change these to a once a month type of thing... not exactly sure... I think it'd be cool to see the news from the whole month in one place, but that'd be long to post... idk. I'm working this out cause I like this blog series, but I don't love having such a set schedule with this... idk.

1) Jon Stewart's New Wrestling Career?- You know its a slow news day when this is all you hear. Former Daily Show host Jon Stewart hosted the WWE Summerslam and even got in the ring himself using chairs as a bit thats even faker than the rest of the fake wrestling done in the show! It was funny, he seemed like a good host. I'm not a wrestling fan but he must have been really good since that is all I've heard on the news today. Lol. I love Jon Stewart... but its weird that I've heard this a bunch right?

2) Baby Pandas Born in National Zoo- A Panda at the National Zoo just gave birth to twin Pandas! There are not many Pandas born in captivity, but the mother and babies have been doing well. The babies are so tiny that they weigh about the size of an iPhone! Fun Shannon Fact: I was supposed to go to the National Zoo when I was in 5th grade, but my parents and I got into a car accident. I hadn't been to a zoo my whole life except around this time last year I went to the Zoo at Hershey Park and I loved it! They had all animals from the Northwest, so its all somewhat local american animals that you can see in the states or Canada. Thats pretty cool. I had fun. I wanted to release all the animals and they all reminded me of my dog Spencer. Lol.

Update: Unfortunately, one panda did not make it, but the other panda is doing well and is with mommy.

3) Alison Brie engaged to Dave Franco- !!!!!! This is exciting. Dave Franco is adorable. Alison Brie even more adorable! I didn't even know they were dating! I'd be a little jealous if it wasn't Alison Brie!!! I love her! I'm so happy for them! I hope they have the happiest day ever and the day after that and the day after that are also happy! Yayyy!

4) Joy Behar to return to The View- And the new additions to the view return to former cohost Joy Behar. Joy will join Candace Cameron Buree from Full House and someone else... I forget. Along with current hosts Raven Symone, Whoppie Goldberg and Michelle Collins. Raven and Michelle just joined recently also, and it seems like they go through hosts quickly. I didn't like it when it was a bunch of women arguing and talking over each other... but I like the current cast. I was watching it today I think they're all really smart and together and they seem to get along. Also how awesome is Raven? She's gorgeous and funny and so chic. I loveeee her!

So yeah. Kinda sad its changing. But Raven is still on so thats cool.

5) Nick Carter to join cast of Dancing With The Stars- I'm not really a fan, but I always like when they revitalize a boy band members career. It works! It gives them something to do it makes them kind of relevant again... it works. Lol. I like Nick Carter too, I loved him as a kid and I loovvvvveeed his brother Aaron Carter who was already on Dancing and did badly I believe. Hopefully Nick Carter will do a little better. Get the boy band people back out there! Other people joining: Bindi Irwin, Paula Dean, Gary Busey, Alexa Penavega from Spy Kids and her husband who is from Big Time Rush, American Pharoh's Jockey, and a bunch of people I don't know... so that should be cool.

6) Horror Legend Wes Craven dies- Anyone that is a fan of horror... or even anyone not a fan of horror and has maybe just seen A horror movie knows who Wes Craven is. He is the genius behind Scream and Freddy Krueger and Friday the 13th... he's created so many classic villains that are truly timeless and will scare the pants off of you no matter how old you are or how old the movie is. I just watched Scream recently and it is absolutely brilliant. I loved the way it poked fun of the genre and I just thought it was one of the coolest movies and probably my favorite horror movie besides Sleepaway Camp. I have a blog about it, but I haven't posted it yet because I want to watch the other movies, or at least 2&3 before posting it. 4 isn't available on Netflix yet and idk where to get it... but yeah. Thats a sad day for everyone. All the stars of Scream wrote on twitter, Courtney Cox who met her first husband and father of her child David Arquette from Scream, Rose McGowin who really only had a small part. I'm sure Drew Barrymore said something. Its amazing that the cast kind of came together from that after all these years and still remembered him. Shane Dawson of youtube also made a video and he made the announcement that he wants his next movie to be a horror movie to honor Wes Craven. I thought that was nice, I only really knew who Wes Craven was because of Shane Dawson's youtube channel and I'm looking forward to seeing a horror movie from him. Really great.

To me... and I think I talk about this in my post on Scream... Scream was one of the only movies I've ever seen to actually have really strong female characters. Usually they're seen as quite helpless, crying for their boyfriends and all that in horror movies... but in this one even the ones that die are pretty awesome and try to escape as much as they can. I don't want to give too much away but Neve Campbell and Courtney Cox are in the other movies and they really have a great character arc in the movie and they're roles are really strong in my opinion anyway. Same with Rose McGowin, who is becoming one of my favorite actresses even though I haven't seen her in many things. She's great in really creepy and cool roles like this and I love her.

7) Kermit The Frog and Miss Piggy Moving On?- Kermit has been spotted with ANOTHER PIG! She is a cute piggy named Denise, this is just one month after the break up between Kermit and Miss Piggy. Kermit says that he is dating again, but he and Denise are just friends. Miss Piggy has also been spotted with a new man. Liam Hemsworth posted a pic of himself and the "most beautiful girl in the world." Kermit and Piggy are maintaining a professional relationship for their new show The Muppets which is the most brilliantly marketed show of all time... clearly. Lol. I know they had a failed show in the 90s ... and this one is not gonna fail! The previews already have a lot of people hooked and with this breakup... brilliant marketing. I'm just gonna say that. Lol. I'm really excited for this show!

8) Day Care in trouble for creating a "Kids Fight Club."- Have you ever seen Fight Club and thought "I want to send my children to a daycare where they do the same thing." No. You haven't... and if you have you shouldn't have kids. This is probably the worst thing I've ever heard in my entire life... Its pretty terrible. I think the daycares are shut down... I think anyone involved in creating this fight club should get a life sentence... which is harsh but thats just such a twisted child abuse that just shouldn't happen. This is one of those news stories that seems like its just a joke... but it isn't.... it really happened and those kids are going to be pretty messed up for the rest of their lives because of whatever assholes started this fight club for them.

Also... how did they expect kids not to break the first rule of Fight Club? Kids tell everyone everything, of corse they're going to let people know about Fight Club!

I think that is everything... but that is such a bummer to end on... uhhh Stephen Colbert starts next week. That should be fun.Thats not a bummer right? Lol ending on a good note then.

Tomorrow I'm doing something a little different. I'm turning my favorites more into a "weekly wrap up" and mentioning some favorites, some highlights of my week, things I've tried that were new and some things I listen to... so its going to be cool. I think anyway.

Byeeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f