Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up: 9/20/15

Favorites 

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D- I don't really follow the Marvel Universe and I don't think my reasoning for it is very good. Basically I didn't like the first Iron Man movie and I just haven't given the other movies a chance... So basically I just saw a little bit of the first Iron Man, didn't like it and then saw The Avengers and really liked that and then I was like "meh I don't like Marvel."But I feel like because I did like The Avengers... and it isn't like I didn't like Iron Man in The Avengers, I thought he was cool and I really like the character and stuff... I just don't like the first Iron Man movie... so I think I should give some of the other movies a chance and definitely see Age of Ultron and maybe even see Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3 because I honestly really like Black Widow.

I also love Guardians of The Galaxy... so I can't say I just don't like Marvel because clearly I like some of their stuff... lol.

Anyway long story short I wanted to watch another superhero show and I also like Spy things lately... and literally thats exactly what Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is. Its really exciting too and the characters are all really great. I just did a woman crush Wednesday on Jemma Simmons... I will probably have a lot of Women Crush Wednesdays on these ladies because its like The X Files but with all Scully's... and Scully is one of my favorite fictional characters... and I love Mulder too of corse and I'm totally in love with David Duchovny... but in rewatching it I love Scully and think she's just super super awesome. So yeah. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Really like it!

Pumpkin Spice Latte M&Ms- These are so so good! They really taste like a pumpkin spice latte. They still have that nice M&Ms milk chocolate flavor... but the PSL flavor is just THERE and its delicious! I was so impressed with these. Last year they had a regular pumpkin flavor that wasn't quite as good... these are absolutely spot on and taste amazing. Really impressed... these are an instant fall favorite!

Supernatural- I can't not mention Supernatural again because I seriously loved watching this show this week. It was around episode 12 or so... maybe even earlier I just kinda got hooked and I was like "okay can't stop watching this" which has also happened with Arrow and Agents of Shield... but this week I really liked Supernatural. I also had a dream that I was hunting with them and I asked Dean if he wanted to make out and he said "sure" but then we couldn't because there was a ghost or something and we had to investigate. So I kept going back to sleep and I was "looking" for Dean in my sleep... lol.

Deadpool- I'm pretty excited for the Deadpool movie, not gonna lie! I actually read one of the comics, it was the first one in the one currently available on Marvel's website. It was written by Brian Pousen and has Deadpool fighting re-incarnated presidents and I believe it came out in 2012. It was really funny, I love the end of the comic where Deadpool writes a letter. I saw the trailer for the movie too and I'm pretty excited. It looks really funny and action packed. I know I just did a review on The Scorch Trials and said the movie was problematic because it had kids with guns and explosions and a lot of violence... but I felt that the violence in that movie was unnecessary for a movie based on a children's book and this isn't really for children. It has an R-rating, I know kids will still want to see it... but thats on the parents really not the movie... and its not unnecessary because it is a comic book movie that pokes fun at the genre and its sort of tongue in cheek about the violence. Like in the comics Deadpool breaks the fourth wall, so he knows its a comic so it  would be like watching violence in a Mel Brooks movie or something. You know its a movie... so its a little more okay, in my opinion. And I guess this isn't really a favorite since its something I know little about... but I still liked it and I wanted to mention it.

Highlights 
Sunday and Monday I was kind of feeling "meh" most of the day... but still had fun. I mostly helped my mom shop for my dad's birthday. On Monday I went out to lunch with family and then later I went to Starbucks with my friend and we talked. It was nice.

Tuesday was also shopping for my dad with my mom but I also went to Kohl's and got a few things. I fit in the Junior's section again! I couldn't 15 pounds ago and I still have a long way to go... but I'm happy I can fit in the Jr's section. I got a pretty cool Star Wars shirt. It was nice.

Wednesday was my dad's birthday and just one month before mine! We went out to dinner and had cake and gave him presents. It was fun!

Thursday... didn't do much. Friday I had fun though, my friend and I went to see Scorch Trials which was horrible... and I have a review if you'd like to see my thoughts... but we had a really fun time. And thats all that matters right? We also walked around the mall a little bit and ate at the food court. It was like a fun throwback to when we were in High School.


What I watched 
I watched Supernatural and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D this week of corse! I've been bingewatching them and its been a lot of fun.

I also watched The Mindy Project which I have a review on right POST LINK TO REVIEW and I really liked it. I'll have to remember to keep up with the season cause I always seem to forget when shows are streaming and you can't just bingewatch them. And its such a great show I don't really want to forget about it.

I also watched the end of How To Get Away With Murder... which is one of my favorite shows and I'm so so happy its coming back on Thursday! You have no idea how exciting this is for me. I'm pretty pumped. Definitely one of the best shows that there is... and I just really like it. Really really good. The finale was fantastic. I'm really excited to see what happens...

Also... and spoilers for HTGAWM... I'm a little weirded out by the fact that I think the guy that actually strangled Lila was hot. What's his name David? Anyway I watched the whole show... didn't think he was hot and then they showed him right before he was strangling her and I was like "ohhh this guy is really attractive." And then he strangled a girl and I was still like... "ohh this guy is really handsome." What? How does that happen? Thats not a thing I do? Lol.

In all seriousness though I have a huge crush on Dean Winchester from Supernatural. He's just so pretty and so IDGAF that I just love him. Lol. I still like that dream. I think I'd love a life investigating paranormal activity with the love of my life... Not like the Winchester's have good luck with women... but... yeah. Is that weird or is it amazing?  Looking for ghosts with someone I love? Yeah thats weird.

I feel like this whole part of the post is "Shannon feels oddly attracted to some strange fictional characters..." Yeah. Guess so.

Random Haul 

It was Hot Cash Trade in Time! So I got 5 Funko Pop figures for $30! I got four when they were BOGO half and they were $40 so this is a pretty sweet deal!

First off I picked up Dean from Supernatural... for obvious reasons. I'm crushin on Dean big now! What can I say... I needed him in a pop. I hope something supernatural happens and he becomes real and then we can date... I just need to draw that symbol! Lol. Yesss! There is a supernatural episode for that and I think I need to do that and get it to work! (Hell House is the episode.) He's not the most interesting pop in the world. He just looks like a regular guy with brown hair wearing regular clothes... he is quite colorful though and I like that. And he's holding a Daggar that looks really pretty.  His hair is cool and swirly and he's got a pretty good paint job aside from his arms. He's pretty cute. I like him.

Next I got a really cool one. This is a Hot Topic Exclusive and it is the Pumpkin King. So Jack Skellington at the beginning of Nightmare Before Christmas has the Pumpkin head and I always thought that looked really cool. He also glows in the dark, which is awesome. He's so detailed on his hand and his pants and everything. One of my favorite pops... Really cool looking and creepy and good.

Then another kind of favorite I think that is a new one is Harry in his Quidditch Uniform. This is a Hot Topic Pre Release Variant and the colors and everything are so well detailed. He has a broom and is holding the Golden Snitch and his glasses are 3D and he has a scar... he's so well detailed its pretty amazing. He looks like he just popped out of the page and into a pop form. Really like him.

Then I got 2 star wars ones. The first is a new character, so I'm not familiar with her at all, and that is Rey from The Force Awakens. This is a Hot Topic Exclusive, she has her hair pulled back and her goggles on and she's holding a little gun... I am against Gun Violence as I blogged yesterday... but these are grown up toys and its a space gun... so its pretty unrealistic. The regular non Hot Topic Exclusive Variant has her hair down and she's holding like a staff or something... Might pick that one up too... not sure I have a feeling I'm going to like this character because she's a girl and she looks badass.

Her paint job is good... but the Star Wars pops are all Bobbleheads for licensing issues and her springs are coming up a little. They also come on a stand that you can remove.

And I got Han Solo... my favorite Star Wars character ever probably. And his pop looks just as cool as Han himself. He isn't that well detailed and he just looks like a regular guy... but I think with him, you can tell he's han solo. He also has a gun...  Gun Violence is not cool, but this is a laser gun I think... so its hard to get anyway... In fact those guns do not exist. I love Han Solo. I think a lot of my personality is just similar to Han Solo's. Growing up I HATED The Empire Strikes Back because I thought that Han died at the end and it made me so sad. And then I loved Return of The Jedi because he was unfrozen and he saved Princess Leia and he was the hero that he knows we love again.

Thats also a total Shannon response for me to say "I know" if someone told me I love you. Once a guy I was seeing told me I looked cute and I said "I know" and then I laughed and was like "did I really just say I know?" Lol. I'm not that conceited... but I did look cute. Lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f