Skip to main content

Funko Pop Collection (so far) and Mini Reviews

So I thought I might start blogging about my Funkos because I like Funko Pops and I have a few of them already and I'll probably get some more... I have kind of a lot of toys for a grown up... so I might just do some toy reviews and stuff. I think they're fun... Idk I just thought this would be a cool thing!



Au Natural Minion- I love the minions... I'll probably have to collect all the minion and Despicable Me pops because... I have a lot of minions. Lol. I collet them. This one was the first Minion I picked up. I love the colors, the bright yellow and the bright green just look really good together. He's so funny cause he's naked with just a leaf on him and he has seaweed as goggles and he's got his eye half opened like he's laughing. His hair is really cute too I think they did a great job of making him look like a minion and he looks like he's about to get in trouble. Lol. He's very light and he's not like an exclusive pop or anything. Only one pop I have is. I got him at Barnes and Noble, but he should be easy to find and he's just really cute. I think the Minions Minion Pops look better than the Despicable Me 2 Minion Pops. There's a lot more detail and I think they did a great job with all of them.

Sadness (Inside Out)- I kind of wanted Inside Out Toys before seeing the movie... but I held out and luckily, I still found this one. It was the last one at my Barnes and Noble! She's so cute! She's really heavy and solid. Her glasses are like 3D so you can poke ant them and stuff. Her paint job is really nice there are no "bald spots" or anything anywhere. Her hair feels really cool and shiny. Her turtleneck is really detailed. I love the design of the Inside Out characters in general because they're very simple but in the movie they're shiny and glow-y and stunning and the pops just look like real emotions that you can put on your shelves and stuff. Really cool.

Joy (Inside Out)- Of corse I had to get Joy! I kind of want them all... or all the emotions at least... maybe Bing Bong... but I'll probably get the emotions first. Lol. I love her she's got her arms open like she's ready to hug you, she has a smile on her face whereas Sadness has a frown. She has a really nice green dress and blue hair and she's colorful and bright just like in the movie. Again, great paint job, her hair is nice and layered and she's adorable. She's got this big head and little body. Its also nice to just see the contrast between her and Sadness. Sadness is all blue in all different shades and she has her arms put together and she's more to herself, whereas Joy is bright, colorful her arms are open and her hair is even a brighter shade of blue than Sadness. Really did a good job on these. I know they have exclusives with glittery hair... those are cool if you're a collector because they look more like the character design of the actual movie, but for me... idk. Its not a huge difference and the exclusives are pricey so... meh. I think the Anger exclusive is cool where he has flames coming out of his head and there was a clear Bing Bong that was a hot topic exclusive that looked really cool, especially in the  box. I'm an out of the box collector... but they're pretty cool either way. I love these Inside Out Funkos and want more... lol.

Fox Mulder (The X Files)- I've mentioned I'm a huge X Files fan before and I don't have much X Files Merch. I have some lego type things of Mulder, Scully and Frohike... but thats it. So I wanted more and I may want the full collection of this. I have a huge crush on David Duchovny, I did like 10 years ago when I started watching the show and still do now. Lol I think he's timeless and smart and funny and just so good looking so I had to get this its so cute! You probably can't tell its Mulder if you don't watch the show, but thats what I think is kind of cool about Funkos. If you're a big fan of the show, you'll pick up on the detail and facial expressions and how they dress and stuff but if you don't watch the show its like "ohh that must be something this person likes, let me ask them about it." His paint job is pretty good, the only place thats a little messy is around his hands... specifically the one holding his gun, and a little on his tie and lapel. Nothing you'll notice far away. I think if you have him you kind of need Scully for him to be recognizable and I don't have her yet... I need her though because in re-watching it Scully is my favorite character I think. I just think he's cool. I think X Files are great for Funkos. I know they have Wacky Wobblers too... I want them to come out with the reaction figures of them... which are just like action figures and they're in really cool boxes. I feel like if they could do really detailed ones of those, that would be cool. I'd also like to see some more monsters from The X Files... I'd love to see a Flukeman Funko pop. That would be awesome. And if they made it glow in the dark... that'd be really cool.

Gone Batty Minion- This is what really made me want to collect Funkos in the first place and its probably my favorite. I love the Dracula minion toys, those are my favorites and I really just like that the minions worked for dracula. That is so cool. The thing I love most about this minion is that his eyes are slanted a little so if you turn him to his side it just looks like he's watching you and laughing like he's about to suck your blood. He just looks really cool. He was an exclusive, so he was a little more pricey than the others. I could only find him at Hot Topic, which where I live is a bit more expensive than Barnes and Noble... but I think he's worth it. His paint job isn't perfect, on the back of his cape he has little spots and chips it looks like, but I think he looks really cool and I just really like him. The Dracula part was one of my favorite parts of the movie and this just made me love the movie even more. He is worth hunting for.


The box mine came in was damaged too... which isn't cool... But the Hot Topic ones seemed more damaged to me than others, so keep that in mind if you're an in the box collector or looking to re-sell.

Was done... but I went to the mall today and got some more lol. Pretty much the whole minion collection and another one...

Cro Minion- This one is really cute. He looks exactly like the Cave Man Minion in the movie, he has a cool texture to his costume and there is a little tie on the back of his head. Really really cute and well detailed. Paint job is pretty much perfect. Even in his goggles there are like lines and stuff which is really cool. Like him a lot! His box was a little damaged... but just a tiny bit and I don't really keep the boxes anyway.

Eye, Matie Minion - This is the minion in a pirate costume. He looks so cute he has one eye and a little bandana and his eye goggles and sword are shiny. And his belt looks really cool too. He looks really worried and he's just really cool. His box had a slight dent to it, but nothing bad.

Bored Silly Kevin (minion)- I love Kevin as a minion. This is probably the worst paint job on any of the pops that I have... but its not too bad. Mostly on the back of his coat and a little on the front. Idk I think its kind of cool when there are some mistakes cause its like "ohhh someone did this." Idk, its a little cool. This is the part of the movie where they don't have a villain and they're just in antartica doing nothing, so he's got a little parka and he's holding a really shiny fish. He has shiny gold goggles again and I think his eyes look really cool. The eye detailing in all the minions is really good cause they're all a little different. Au Natural Minion has his eyelids showing on the bottom like he's laughing, Bored Silly Kevin is bored so his eyes are squinting on top like he's about to fall asleep, Cro Minions have some lines on the googles that are cool and his eyes are facing ahead, Eye Matie Minion looks like he's looking off to the side because he's worried and Gone Batty Minion has squinty eyes because he's a vampire... really cool. Really dig it. I like his box too not damaged and idk he just looks cute. The eye Matie one looks cute to.

Elvis Stitch- This one is just awesome. He's a hot topic exclusive and he's just so cute. He has Elvis hair and there is some glitter on his elvis costume. His little lip is curled and he's strumming on his guitar. He is just adorable and I'm happy I got him. I was looking for King Bob from the minions collection... which I think I'm going to order from somewhere, but I'm happy I was able to get the rest of the collection for the minions and Stitch also! So cute! he's got great detail near his nose too. So cute!

I also have a set of Wacky Wobblers from The Big Bang Theory that I got as a gift. These are cute! It was a nice set it came with Sheldon, Leonard, Wolowitz, Raj and Penny. Really cute, they look really similar to their characters, paint job is good. Really a nice set. I don't watch The Big Bang Theory as Much as I used to, but still... cute set.

And I have an older plushie of Batman in a blue costume. They don't make these plushies anymore I don't think. Now they have something called Fabrications that look similar but a little bigger and they come in a box. This is just cute, not in a box. Mine is a little dirty because I've had him for a long time... its cute though and if they still made these I would get more. I love the blue suit batman and I don't think they make that pop anymore, so I'm really happy I have this. This is probably the first Funko thing that I have. I didn't even realize it was Funko until recently. Really cute. Wish they still made these.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f