Skip to main content

What's Up Wednesday: October Wrap Up October 18th-On

I figured since I'm doing blogoween and not really updating everyone on how my life is... I'd just do a little October Wrap Up to keep everyone posted on what's up.

October 18th 
I guess I sort of talked about what I did today... but I'll go into more detail. I got a nice pocketbook from Betsey Johnson that was on sale for $35. It was from Boscovs which had Betsey Johnson on sale for 50% off and they were doing a discount event called "Friends helping friends" where you donate $5 to a church or charity or some kind organization and you can get a 25%off discount for the whole day on any purchases. So that was cool.

The rest of the day was grocery shopping... ate pizza for lunch. Had a really yummy chicken for dinner. All good!

October 19th 
Today the Blogoween Posts start and I'm super excited! In just a couple of minutes my first one should be up on my beauty blog... so I should probably post something on Instagram for that. I don't totally know what I'm going to do for this blog... I have blogs for the next 5 or 6 days already written. I think I'll post something about the American Horror Story twist... which is on later tonight and I'm super excited for it and The Rocky Horror Picture Show, which is on tomorrow night... I don't totally remember the original though... so I'm not quite sure what I'll do about that.

Anyway my dog is at the groomers right now and I'm getting my hair done today too... so I'll post about that at the end of the day. It's only 11:30 right now and I'm posting this all sort of in real time... if I can remember lol... so it'll just kind of be a journal of what I've been up to for a couple of weeks.

Ohhh I watched the show Hot Bench today... which if you've never seen... idk if I should tell you to watch it or avoid it because its a love/hate thing. Its a court show and they have people that aren't good people on the show usually. Its an "everyone's wrong" type of situation. Anyway they called a witness to the stand and before the break the woman he was testifying against said "Yes, I know him. That's my cousin." And then when he got on the stand they asked if he knew the woman and he said "Yes, I know that woman, we used to date." Like wait a second... back up... You dated your cousin? It was technically his ex wife's cousin according to him... but still! Damn. It was just really funny.

End of The Day 
Alright, its passed midnight now. We picked up my dog and he is cute and fluffy as always. When he saw us pick him up he was pawing to get out of his cage. It was funny. We went out to lunch at Bahrs... which is a great restaurant if you're in NJ. Their perogies and the German Onion Soup they have for Oktoberfest was amazing. I'll probably do a whole blog just on that Oktoberfest menu because its really good. I always get the same thing... but that's not a bad thing.

I just watched American Horror Story... I did a review on that already, just finished writing because today was the big twist episode... I really liked the twist! It was what I was expecting... but that isn't a bad thing. I liked it. Didn't watch the debates... watched Toy Story of Terror and Charlie Brown 2 times instead... so yeah. I don't really like either choice we have for president... but there is one person I do like better and I think... she... will make a great president... and that's all I'll say.

Ohhh I got a haircut too and I liked that.

You ever feel like people kick you when your down? You're like starting out the day like "Hey! I'm a cool person. I did all this stuff, thats cool. I graduated college at a good school... a lot of my teachers thought I was the smartest person in the class. I blog every day and I feel like my content has been GREAT lately on both blogs...and its like what the heck. I'm better than this. I'm 25... I don't need to be JK Rowling right now. I can get there... just value me as a person.

I feel like I need to explain myself and I really don't have to. I'm a boring 25 year old who doesn't have a license or job... I have 2 blogs. I don't need your help with them. I don't need your help pitching a tv show or telling me what to write... I don't need your help with my life... just let me live!

October 20th 
So today was a little more calm. My eye doesn't hurt anymore... but its still quite swollen. I think it'll be gone by tomorrow. I was up all last night making a haunted house from a Build a Bear Box... so I'll show you that... I probably have a Blogoween about it by now... hopefully lol. Also I was rapping... so yeah!

I didn't do much today because I was tired and my eye was bothering me... so I didn't want to go out too much in case something blew into my eye. I went grocery shopping with my mom and that was about it.

I had a good dinner. It was a pork chop with ginger soy sauce and dumplings... that was really good.  I also tried Crasins Strawberry... they're really really good!

And I colored some more! This is from the Gullivers Travel coloring book... which is super pretty. I really like that one if you're looking for a good one. The patterns are pretty and there are some things for you to draw... its a creative one and I feel like it tells a story. My mom wasn't sure I'd like it, she just got it for me because she thought it was pretty. It has nothing to do with the story of Gulliver's Travels really... I think its kind of a take on that... but its really cool.

But yeah today was kind of a boring day but in a nice way... I kind of liked just writing my feelings down about things... I might try doing this more often where I just update throughout the day at the end of the month or the start of a new month!

October 21st 
Eye is still bothering me a little... its gotten better... but its still bothersome. I didn't do too much today. I did go to Target and later at night I went out for my birthday with some family friends. I had penne vodka with chicken... which is always a favorite of mine so that was fun. I am actually writing this the next day... so its a little shorter... that will probably happen more often than not lol.

October 22nd 
My dog woke me up so early today! I was really sleepy... but my dad got me coffee... so I woke up a little. I watched the show Graves... that's a really funny show. Its about a former president that wasn't a very good president but he kinda regrets the things he did now and he's totally messed up and its really really funny! Nick Nolte is in this as the former president, Skyler Astin is also in it... its just a really great show!

I had a sub for lunch and I watched The Middle and I kind of watched Fresh Off The Boat... which I like better than The Middle... but I wasn't paying all that much attention to it.

Went to Harmon... I think I'm going out to dinner... not quite sure. I'm going to clean my room a little too because its just been bothering me. Its a little too bad to the point where its embarrassing. My room is too small for everything I have in it though... which I guess is a good problem... lol.

October 23rd 
Pretty much a lazy Sunday. Went to a late lunch and had chicken fingers... which I liked... idk if I'd order them again... from Windmill. Just because if you're going to a Windmill... get a hot dog. And cheese fries! They have great fries and Whizz! Which is the best!

I also watched Stranger Things... which I really liked and then later in the night I watched The Walking Dead... which I don't usually watch but I decided to watch the Encore because some of my Facebook friends were saying how gory it was and that they couldn't believe it was on cable tv even... and I was like "Okay... this can't be as bad as what I'm picturing in my head." So I watched it... and it was a really good episode... not nearly as gory as I thought it would be. I've seen worse on How To Get Away With Murder and Scream Queens... which aren't even on Cable... so it just didn't shock me much. It was a great episode... but I know TV better than most people... so yeah. Didn't shock me too much .

October 24th 
Despite that episode of The Walking Dead not begin the best to go to sleep after watching... I managed to sleep not too long after that... and I slept pretty well too... I was super comfy and well rested this morning... so I decided to sleep some more. And my dreams coincided with whatever they were saying on Let's Make A Deal... which is very relaxing!

And I had a good day running errands with my mom. We went to a few stores. I got shampoo and razors and some paint for a skeleton I'm going to turn into Jack Skellington. And we went out to lunch and stuff too... it was nice.

I had on the new Matt LeBlanc show... and I had to walk away from the TV because some of these TV shows I think are actually harmful... 1) Matt LeBlanc is the "hero" of this show because he is doing the same exact things his wife did... only worse. 2) It gives the impression that men don't know anything about raising children. For example his wife mentions the teenage girl having hormones and his joke is "Hormones? My mom used to have those." Which makes no sense... and at his age... Matt LeBlanc's character should know what hormones are. No one is that dumb... 3) He acts like giving his kids after school snacks is completely foreign to him. Like its a totally absurd idea...

And then Two Broke Girls... which also had the same problems... it was just pissing me off...

And I get it... its funny to have dumb characters on shows... but I think there are more realistic ways of showing that they're dumb. Like Andy Dwyer... he was realistically dumb. I know people that dumb! That makes sense. Joey Tribianni... also someone where its like "yeah... I know people that have said things like that before." There's just a line where it just becomes a cheap laugh... and these shows can do better than that. And Matt LeBlanc is hilarious. He is an American Treasure and deserves better jokes than that.

I'm not bashing Matt or the writers or the network when I say that either. The show's concept isn't bad... its done in a way that makes it bad. That could be the network saying "Yeah for our audience we need more of this on the show" or something... and I don't think there is a bad show that can't be fixed with a few things...

Anyway... you know what is comedy? David Pumpkins!

October 25th 
Didn't do too much today... did some grocery shopping and stuff with my mom. Ate pizza and my dinner was good too. It was Chicken in a marinade I really like. I think I mentioned I've been loving Stranger Things... its getting so good! I love watching it super late at night... I like that its so 80s and adventurous. I just think its a good show. My parents even watched the first couple episodes and my mom likes it a lot.

October 26th 
My dog was so cute and talkative today... and cuddly too.

It's been a long day. 3 coffees and 8,599 steps long lol. I went shopping with my mom... as always. But we didn't get much. I looked at Toys R Us though... which is like the most fun thing to do as an adult... I'm not kidding. They had minions and a lot of cool Disney Toys and it was just really fun. They're also opening up an American Girl Store in Toys R Us... so that's pretty cool!Or they just did open it up... always fun to see!

I've had the song Barbara Streisand by Duck Sauce stuck in my head all day... its so hard to function when you have dance songs stuck in your head all day.

One random thing I've been loving but I don't think I talked about is the new fitbit solo challenges. So that you can challenge yourself to virtually walk a famous path. Right now I'm doing the Valley Loop challenge for Yosemite... I'm on Day 2 and I think I have 2,643 steps to go!

Ohhh funny thing today: I had on a white shirt while doing makeup... and you know what that means... I got makeup on it... so I changed... but I like what I wore instead.

Now I'm watching The Goldbergs. I'm excited for all the halloween episodes on tv tonight... and American Horror Story! I'm so loving AHS this year! I also think I'm going to read Big Little Lies during commercial breaks too! That's what my book club is reading and it sounds really good... so I'm excited for it! Its by Lianne Moriarity if you were wondering. I think I'm going to end up reading more of her books... hopefully. Lol.

October 27th 
American Horror Story was quite terrifying yesterday! Then I watched some more Stranger Things. It was good.

Today I didn't do much. My mom and I visited a family friend that is the manager of a new chain place that is opening soon. That's exciting. And we got some mac and cheese and turkey lunch meat from Hinks... which is always delicious.

And then I went home and watched The Good Place, which was really good and How To Get Away With Murder... which I've been loving too! This season is so good! I was hoping Asher was Laurel's Baby Daddy... but I'm wrong. That would have been a fun twist. Ohhh well!

And at the end of the night I got some cheese and took it in my room so I could work on my night cheese... and my dog sees it and he will not stop scratching at my door because he wants some cheese and I don't want to give him any because he got into something he wasn't supposed to before and I was afraid his stomach would hurt... so I had to finish it wand prove to him I finished it... and this was all before I could even watch Stranger Things... which was the plan! I was going to eat my night cheese and watch Stranger Things... and then I couldn't without the dog scratching all night... or giving him some cheese, which would then make the scratching worse! Lol... so that's that.

October 28th 
I think this was another "I went shopping with my mom and went out for dinner" types of days. I think The Price is Right and Let's make a Deal were really good. This is also when my feet started to peel...so I peeled my feet quite a bit!

October 29th 
This was an exciting day!I went back to The Glow for my birthday with a few of my friends this time. And then we went to TGI Fridays after, which was also fun.

Before I left, my dog peed a little on the floor, so I cleaned that up... and I had to keep drying it up because I was slipping on the floor because I kept washing my hands and then it kept getting the floor wet again.

Then after all that I sat down and my dog started barking at the minion that was inflating in our front yard... and then I went to the bathroom and then when I got out he looked right at me and started barking. It was so cute... but so "I just want to relax!" Lol.

October 30th 
Another birthday party with the same exact people invited! It was at my friends house, she had a party for her boyfriend that was supposed to be a surprise party... but not many people could make it... so we just hung out... ate, drank, talked and then went out for a little bit. It was a lot of fun!

October 31st 
Halloween!!! OOOO Spoooky Scary! I went out with my mom today and we did some last minute halloween things... Halloween at my house is like Thanksgiving. My mom has people over and makes ziti and sausage and peppers and its amazing!

We went out to eat at a diner as well... diners are an amazing part of NJ... we had pancakes. I had pumpkin pancakes. It was awesome.

And the sausage and peppers and ziti were awesome... The kids were all really cute and polite. Everything was really fun! I liked not going out on Halloween!

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f