Skip to main content

Did you know everything you read online is 100% True???? Also Good things that happened.

Well, its not! You know why? I read it online!

If you remember I used to do a blog post called "Scribbles About News" and I stopped. I think it was because one time all the news I was reading/ hearing was bad. And then I never picked it up again because it was hard to talk about while being respectful... and I wasn't doing it for the reasons I wanted to. I wanted to start talking about good things that happened throughout the week, like not too long ago a kid saved his allowance to buy lunch for the Police Officers in his area. That's the stuff I like hearing about and the stuff I wanted to talk about.

So why did I not end up reporting those stories? I forgot them! With all of the crappy stuff that happened, I just couldn't remember the good stuff... and that shouldn't happen. I think even with all the horrible stuff in the world... it is a good place. Sure we live in a world with Ryan Lochte... but you know who else is a person? Lin Manuel Miranda! And that is an awesome thing. For every Ryan Lochte, John Gossling, Kanye, Kardashian, and Shia Lebeouff... there is a Lin Manuel Miranda. There is Emma Watson. There is Tom HANKS! Betty White! There are so many good people in the world. And I'm sure there are way more Betty Whites than there are Ryan Lochte's.

There are more inclusive and diverse Barbie Dolls now. There are ads now that show kids with down syndrome. We currently have a black president and some people got to vote for a woman president.

I guess that doesn't really have to do with what I'm angry about... which is the fake news. I'm really upset that there are so many fake news articles going on around Facebook and everywhere... and we really aren't helping. The picture of Trump saying he'd run as a republican because republicans are dumb... I believed he said that... I didn't reblog it... but I liked a person that did. There's that "Brad Pitt" quote about how he started being a good husband after thinking "we'll just get divorced soon because my wife is sick" or something along those lines. And it was long before they got divorced... but there was nothing that was like "goals" about that letter anyway its actually a pretty bad way to look at relationships. I mean I'm single AF... but still.

Anyway yeah... so yeah. Don't believe Facebook news. I'm trying to not look at it at all... but then I see Carrie Fisher and I'm like "Ohhh no... I hope she didn't die" click. "Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford had an affair?!?!?!?!?!?! I don't know where to actually get credible news. I trust the reporters on the CBS Morning Show... and late night tv.

So yeah!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...