Skip to main content

Chart Chat 11.21.16

So I figured I'd do this a third week in a row... because why not? Lol.

10) Shut In- This is a horror movie with Naomi Watts... which is a good combo! I liked Naomi Watts in The Ring and I just think that's something she does really well. There aren't many actresses I'm like "Wow they can do serious movies... but they're so great in thrillers!" She is one of them! Jodi Foster, and Natalie Portman I think are other good examples... but yeah. This is probably a good movie. Not doing super great on the charts as this is its 2nd week out... but it has tough competition.

9) The Accountant- Again... no idea what this movie is about... almost got spoiled... I want to see it, but its going to be hard to actually review something that I can't talk about without spoiling too much. I'm sure its good. Ben Affleck again is good with thrillers... and I'm thinking this is a thriller... but yeah! It looks good!

8) Bleed For This- This has Miles Teller, who was on a late night talk show shortly after the election and I thought he did a really good job. It made me want to see his movies a little bit more. I've never seen Whipslash... but he was a huge breakout actor in that, and this also looks like a good movie. Maybe on TV. This is the first week this has been out... so not super huge... but again tough competition and I believe it is an independent movie.

7)The Edge of Seventeen- This looks like a good dark comedy. People are already comparing this to Mean Girls... I think there might be a little more dark humor in this one... but Mean Girls is quite dark when you think of it too. Again... first week... number 7. It's an indie release also I think, and when you're up against Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them... but this I think will gain more success. I think it's already getting a lot of critical praise and it looks really good. I'm interested in this one!

6) Hacksaw Ridge- I think I discussed this last week... pretty interesting plot. Had never heard of it before... still doing pretty strong!

5) Almost Christmas- I mentioned this last week I think... but I didn't mention the plot. A family is getting together after their mom dies... so I'm thinking this is sort of a dark dramedy or Christmas type drama... which I kind of understand the need for. Having a family get together for the holidays creates a lot of drama in itself... and a lot of comedy... so it makes sense that there are so many of these movies. Like The Family Stone and many others. This has some pretty good actors in it too I believe... so it should be good!

4) Arrival- This movie still interests me... if its on netflix or I can watch it somehow giving it my full attention... I will... but I don't think I want to see it in theaters... but I think it looks good!

3) Trolls- I bet this will continue to do strong during Thanksgiving Break! But yeah, the soundtrack is catchy... I probably won't see it until maybe my niece is old enough to see movies... but it looks cute!

2)Doctor Strange- Again, I think this will continue to stay strong over thanksgiving. I'm thinking maybe this will fall to #4 next week... I'm going to say Trolls stays at 3, and Moana goes to #2. And I think Fantastic Beasts will stay #1... because its Fantastic Beasts.

1) Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them- JK Rowling wrote this... its obviously #1! I have yet to see this... hopefully I will soon! I might sneak a review of this in Blogmas... but this looks really good... I feel like because this wasn't really a book first... there is no comparison...but I have my expectations lowered a little bit... but its cool that it takes place in America. I think that is going to be interesting.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f