Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: American Horror Story Roanoke Finale+ Unanswered questions, Thoughts on the season, and Predictions for Next Year

Last night was the American Horror Story Roanoke Finale... and I thought it was great! I loved the connection between Lana and Lee... which I probably wouldn't have thought of otherwise... I loved the whole storyline. The end was good... This I think had one of the more grim endings than any other season of American Horror Story... even though it was still happy for the most part... it reminded me a lot of the Asylum finale because that had kind of a grim ending too... and I guess Lee and Lana are similar characters so that makes sense.

One part that I kind of loved was the Paleyfest clip. It was almost a relief to see all the characters together again... and it told a lot with telling very little... which is similar to how the entire season went. People loved Lee and believed Lee, just like I believed her at the beginning of the season. We see that Shelby and Matt aren't sitting next to each other... which seemed like it was a nod to them having marital problems. We also see Shelby with Dominic next to her... and thats kind of a nod to her having the affair with him. We see Audrey get jealous of the fans that were hugging Rory. It was cute.

And then it seemed like it was all fake... They kept showing different tv shows on and it was hard to tell what was fake and what was real. And I think they did that on purpose... or at least it made sense at the time this was happening because of the news... if you didn't know... there has been a lot of false information about both candidates all during the election... so people could literally have been casting a vote about lies... which I talked about on Wednesday actually... so I thought that was very relevant that we couldn't quite tell what was real and what was fake.

I am sure that Lee killed Mason...but then again, the house could have been controlling her. Plus she was drinking again... she didn't know quite what she was doing. I think the same could be said of Shelby killing Matt, or Lee killing Monet (where it was obvious that she was The Butcher) or even the police killing Audrey. I think its just when you get on that property, it does something to you.

I liked seeing Lana again... and again, this did a brilliant job of telling you a story while you kinda read between the lines. When Lana defended Lee and told the Polke man not to kill her, you could see her guilt for killing her son. She could have helped him, but she killed him before he could change... and there was something to that. Something about Lana that was very guilty from start to finish.

This season was really good because there was a true story behind the town Roanoke. You can read about that here. Basically one man from Roanoke left and the entire colony of Roanoke had disappeared without a trace and the only thing left behind was a fencepost with the word "Croatoan" carved in it.

Much like in AHS, the Butcher was the one saying "this land is mine" and killing people because they were on her land... like what I'm imagining the Croatoan tribe and the Roanoke settlers did. So it was a different take on the original story... and I think that worked well for them.

The ending was very moving too. Everything that Lee does, she does for Flora and in the end she dies for Flora and then becomes Priscilla's mother. It was a very dark and beautiful final scene... probably my favorite in the shows history. It was really good.

There were a few unanswered questions though. Like what happened to Lee's other daughter? Was Shelby really a witch? Were Shelby and Matt really the perfect couple? What happened to Lee after the interview but before her return? What about the Original Supreme?

I think they're keeping the OG Supreme aka Lady Gaga's character a mystery... I think she'll be re-introduced in the season that connects Coven to Murder House.

I don't know if Shelby was a witch or not... I would say yes. There was something about the "Cosmic Order of the Universe" comment that Shelby made that I'm thinking might be a clue for a future season.

I don't think Matt and Shelby were ever a perfect couple the way that they said they were in the first episode. Shelby and Lee didn't get along at all. I still think Shelby could have done something to Lee's other daughter... idk... but I think Lee's other daughter also plays into the "Cosmic balance of the universe" thing. Flora thought of Priscilla as a sister. Flora was supposed to have a sister, but she didn't... which is why Lee had to go and be Priscilla's mother. Make a little sense?

Idk if it mattered what happened to Lee after the interview with Lana... I think she just started looking for Flora right after, hoping she was anywhere but the Roanoke house.

And as for next season... I was thinking maybe Robots? They showed that window where Lee and Fawna were talking in the attic for quite a while... and it looked like Wall-E... so I thought Robots. I also think they would be really selling themselves short to not do some sort of reference to Donald Trump. The window also kind of looked like a Lillypad so maybe a swamp? I think we might be getting it sooner rather than later... but still.

Not quite sure. Anyway... yeah!

Hope you guys liked that. This is my favorite season of AHS ever I think... yeah I even liked it better than Murder House. It was really really great. I wasn't that excited about this season because Hotel was probably my least favorite season... and I just thought the show was hitting lows... but this was definitely the best. I think that's really cool. I'm thinking its getting wayyy better and I have high hopes for next year.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f