Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up: 12/12/15

Happy the world didn't end 3 years ago day! To Celebrate, I'll do the Weekly Wrap Up a day early! Or because you know, its going to effect Blogmas... lol.

Favorites 

Philosophy Almond and Cream Shower Gel- I love the smell of almonds... I love Philosophy shower gels... and the combo of the two is just awesome. I actually don't think they sell this at Sephora or Ulta at the moment... but I found a duo of a lotion and the shower gel at TJ Maxx. It was a little pricier than I expected from TJ Maxx... but still a good deal. And its the scent that I absolutely love. It smells soo good and almondy and warm and I just absolutely love love loveeee it!

Green Mountain Gingerbread K Cups- These are soooo good.These I may like just as much as the Starbucks Gingerbread Latte... if not more. That is how good they are! I'm loving these.

Another Holiday K Cup flavor I am loving are the Queen Anne Cherry Cordial K Cups... ohhh my gosh! Sooo soooo good! Thought these could be really good or really terrible... I'm happy that they were excellent!

This Sweater from Old Navy- So this sweater was on sale a little while ago at Old Navy... doesn't look like its on sale right now... but it may be one of my favorite pieces of clothing... of all time. Its so pretty and just nice looking and its warm, but it isn't too warm. We've been having really good weather lately in Jersey and on Thursday this was absolutely perfect. Its thick, but on a nice day its still really comfortable and I just really really like it. It looks so pretty on I feel very confident with it on. Its just really comfy, its like a blanket, but not. Lol. I loveeee it. Would highly recommend checking these out (on sale or using coupons/gift cards... lol. Its old Navy, she's not that fancy!)

Scream Queens- This has been my favorite thing of the year pretty much. Lol. I loveee Scream Queens. Its such a funny show. I loved the end, I hope it comes back for Season 2... I could watch it over and over again. Its one of my favorite shows ever I think... the cast is so funny and good. I would definitely recommend checking this out on Hulu or on Demand... definitely worth watching. Just know... its a little bit gory... and its more of a comedy than a horror show. If you're watching it expecting it to be just a horror show... you will be disappointed. If you like Horror Comedies and Satires... this is good. Its along the lines of Jawbreaker, Heahers... which I've never seen but I have to, Scream (which is kind of a comedy), and  even more recently Jennifer's Body... (which everyone said was terrible... but I love the horror comedy genre so much I loved it still). This is just a great show. 100% Recommend if you can stomach some gore and like movies like Scream... its good.

What I watched 
Monday I sort of... kind of barely watched The Great Christmas Light Fight. I don't love this show... but I like the hosts a little better this year than the previous hosts. Some of the houses were really nice... some I think are just a little tacky... but all the stories are heartwarming... and its not bad.

The Great American Baking Show again! This week was Cake Week, I thought everyone did a great job and everything looked amazing. That Tiramisu cake looked awesome. I think I preferred Cookie Week... but I like Cookies better than Cakes anyway. Lol. I forget what next week is... but I'm loving it. I love Nia Vardalos and Ian Gomez and I think they are great hosts and its good!

Scream Queens! I watched the finale twice... I tried watching the Pilot again... but I've seen the pilot so many times now... that I'm gonna wait till the DVD to watch the show again. Lol. I love it... but there are some episodes maybe I'll watch... but its good.

And I watched the Victoria Secret Fashion Show... which I didn't like as much as previous years... idk. I've always seen it around finals, so I've always been writing about Shakespeare or something while watching it... and this year I'm done with college... so it didn't work out like that. Lol. I wish they had Selena Gomez on more than Ellie Goulding or The Weekend. I'm not a fan of The Weekend... and Ellie Goulding isn't that good live... so yeah. Could have done without that... but it wasn't terrible. The Fantasy Bra was also kind of Ugly... idk it just felt dated to me. Fireworks are so 2010... Katy Perry wasn't even there! Lol... its just kind of like... really? Idk. Didn't love it.

Plus all the segments are kind of the same every year. There's the "OMG INSTAGRAM IS SO IMPORTANT" Segment the "Yeah we're just regular girls" segment the "I work out like all the time" segment... Its a little boring to me now. Its just a bunch of hot super gross rich women in their underwear... idk if I get it... but I try to every year and I try to say "yeah these girls are just like me" but they aren't. Lol.

That was kind of longer than I thought it'd be... lol.

Uhhh Wednesday! American Horror Story! Not loving the end of this season a ton... idk. It had a strong start but now its not wow-ing me. Now that we know the 10 Commandments killer... who really we've known the whole time... its not that cool anymore.

I watched The Goldbergs which was amazing and The Middle, which was funny too. Still need to watch Modern Family and Blackish.

I watched a little bit of toy story when that was on. I love that movie.

I watched some of Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, which is my mom's favorite... and I watched The House of Mouse Christmas and the House of Villains because I liked the House of Mouse Christmas so much I wanted to watch another one. Lol. The Christmas one is wayyy better. That has the Christmas Cartoon with Pluto and Chip and Dale, a really funny Mickey Mouse version of The Nutcracker and Mickey's Christmas Carol... which is one of my favorites. I think The Mickey Mouse version is one of the funnier ones and Scrooge McDuck is probably one of my favorite Disney Characters... So yeah. I'm a fan. Lol.

News 
I didn't like the news this week. So... you can find it out yourself. I don't want to be the bummer. One good thing that happened was Donald Trump being attacked by a Bald Eagle. That's just... the state of America right now. Donald Trump is being taken semi-seriously as a presidential candidate and he posed with a bald Eagle and the eagle was like "Bernie 2016" and just attacked him. Lol. I don't want to discuss politics here... I'm independent... but lets just say unless the other candidate is like a butt crack, I'm not voting for Trump. Actually... I think the Butt Crack would make a better president.

Highlights 
On Monday I went to the mall...

Tuesday Scream Queens was on... which was awesome. I loved it obvi.

Wednesday I went to Starbucks and Target.

Thursday I also went to target and five guys and starbucks and harmon.

Friday...I went to Target again! And Hallmark and we actually got free Ornaments with our purchase! Which is awesome! I had to return one of the things I got yesterday.

And today... idk what I'm doing. Maybe going to Target since that is the theme of the week.

Random Haul 
I got a little accessory for my fitbit. Its called a Byte and its really pretty. It's just sort of a frame that makes your fitbit look a little more like a bracelet. I feel like this will be better for layering with things like my Alex and Ani bracelets and things like that... so thats exciting!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f