Skip to main content

Blogmas Day 4: Practical Gift Guide

So there are some gifts that are not practical whatsoever... but sometimes you want to get someone something they'll actually use a lot... so here are some practical gift ideas.

1) A jewelry box- Who doesn't need a place for their jewelry? This is something that always helps and will definitely get used... depending on what kind of jewelry box you get and who you give it to. I wouldn't buy one for your friend unless its like a cute little box with a quote or like something that looks like a book that can store things. That's useful. If you want to get something for a relative, a larger jewelry box would be really nice. My sister let my grandparents know that I needed one for Christmas one year and it was really nice and thoughtful. And I used it for a long time, still have the little box that came with it too.

And I've gotten little pretty boxes from friends and I use those a lot too!

2) A Multi Tool- This is so useful. Basically its a pocket knife, but it comes with a nail file, scissors, a wrench, you can get them with tweezers. These are one of the most useful things you can get. Plus its interesting for people to talk about. I noticed I got a lot of questions from guys when I used one in college... so if you know a single gal... get her one of these. I used the scissors all the time, I sometimes used the other things... I felt a little safer with the knife. I got the Leatherman kind. One I lost, one I broke trying to get my friend to use it to open a bottle of wine... So this will probably be on my list.

3) Gas Card- This is stupid, but really useful and would make a good advent calendar present or a secret santa gift... or just a gift or a stocking stuffer or something. No one wants to pay for gas, but people with cars need to. This is something they'll definitely use and really like.

4) A manicure/ pedicure set- This is actually something I got my sister for her birthday. She always asks me for my nail clippers when she's home... so I just got her her own nail kit. She got me mine also, so its just really useful. I'm sure she'll use all the stuff in there and she can keep it. Mine wasn't super fancy or anything, but it came with a bunch of stuff in a nice pouch.

5) Things for Travel- I'll probably get this for my sister also before she goes on her honeymoon. Get like a toiletry bag and then just pack some useful things for travel. Make sure everything is FDA approved or in the FDA bottles. It'll be something they'll use and it'll help them on their travels.

6) Cell Phone/ Tablet cases- I've mentioned these a lot before. I can't remember the name of one cell phone case I'm very loyal too that comes in a book case, and its hard so if you drop it with the book part on, nothing bad will happen too it. Dodobird is another brand that does this. They have Tablet cases and phone cases I believe. You can customize them. I have one with a chevron print and a purple inside for my iPad Mini... these can get pretty expensive, but the cases are so worth it. I'm really simple when it comes to my cases, I don't want anything too flashy, I just want to kind of disguise the fact that its an iphone/tablet and I want it to be thick. This makes it kind of big to fit in a wallet or some purses... but I'd rather have my phone better protected than worry about if it'll fit in certain bags. Its just more practical for me, and I like these as I tend to be rough with these sorts of things.

So yeah... these are all great gift ideas that I'm sure whoever you're buying for will love. They're helpful ideas I don't think everyone will get necessarily.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f