Skip to main content

Scream Queens: Who REALLY is the Red Devil? Finale Review (SPOILERS)

Alright... so the Scream Queens finale just ended... and spoilers... the living red devil killer was Hester! I feel satisfied. I was partially able to connect the dots. I knew that Hester was the other baby in the bathtub... but I didn't think that necessarily meant she was the other killer.

My big thing with this was... it might have been funnier if she was not the killer. But to be fair, there were 3 characters that would have been funnier had they not been the killer. I thought her death fetish along with Chad Radwell's was just really funny and... I just think its funnier that that is a character quirk than that being what identifies them as the killer. It would have been really funny if they had gotten super PC about accepting all sorts of weird gross fetishes like that... and I feel like there was a slight missed opportunity there. They did sort of do that... but I feel like they could have done even better with that. I feel like Glenn Powell is going to be such a huge star because of this. He was really funny... everyone was really good in this, but I definitely see him being a huge star from this.

Other people that were so funny they kind of made the show: Lea Michele, Joe Jonas, Abigail Breslin, Billie Lourde, Emma Roberts obvi, Denise Hemphill, Nesim Pedrad... everyone was pretty funny in it.

I like that Pete was involved too. It would have been too much of a missed opportunity I guess if they had just made him look like he was super creepy and possibly the killer and then never done anything with that. I feel like they could have done that with Wes also... but I think they're saving that for Season 2. Maybe he and Dean Munsch have both killed spouses.

And I liked Grace and Zayday's friendship. I thought it was really genuine and at that point I wouldn't have liked if either had become the killer. The same with the Chanel's. They were all genuinely friends that cared about how the sorority was run and wanted to keep it the way that it was... so it wouldn't really make sense if any of them were the killers... but it works that Hester was the killer.

Also there is one big loose end that hasn't been tied up yet... Who killed Gigi? Pete and Hester did not confess to killing her. I think it was Hester that was with Gigi on Thanksgiving Morning, but I don't think she's the one that killed her. Maybe she did... I don't know. But I think she said she only killed Pete, and Pete said he killed Roger, Boone and he was the Black Friday Red Devil. So I don't think he killed Gigi... and I don't think they left that out by mistake. I think they did it on purpose because it was someone else.

But the only people I think it could have been are Wes or Munsch... not sure. I still don't want it to be Grace or Zayday because I like their innocence and their friendship.

And back to Grace and Zayday... Grace is kind of gullible and I think they sort of missed an opportunity to explain why she was so dumb... but I think her eventually being right and solving it makes sense too. She always wears Sherlock Holmes hats... it makes sense.

But back to the point... Grace and Zayday know that Hester is the killer... but they like things the way that they are. They like the way that they're running Kappa... so they don't want to  change anything or have the Chanel's released or Hester removed.

The scene with the Chanel's at the Mental Asylum was really funny too. I like that Chanel and #5 actually became good friends, and hopefully that continues through the next season... if Chanel didn't get offed by the Red Devil.

And they all FINALLY eat something! Lol. It didn't show any of the girls at Kappa eating though, but that's because not all is right in the Kappa house I think.

Some Red Herrings 
Really just one... maybe 2... I'm going to mention one I sort of fell for.

The scene where Chanel is explaining the situation to Ms. Bean and Grace and Pete are within earshot and could hear whats going on... I think that scene was just kind of a filler scene tbh... and its one of my favorite scenes... but I can see them wanting to get closer to the 2 hour mark and just sort of adding the coffee scene in because its funny, and a lot of important things are explained then. Pete's "obsession" with Chanel (btw... that was kind of a let down in the finale.) and Grace and Pete's meet cute. Pete could have told Hester about the plan... Hester could have been there and heard herself... Grace could have told Zayday and she heard that... or Boone could have found out... there are lots of ways that Hester would have known to turn that on... I don't really see it as a plot hole... but I see them trying to have a red herring with Grace and Pete being there.

I feel like they did a good job of making Hester seem like the killer in the last few episodes... she sure knows a lot of ways to kill someone... but it also looked quite a bit like it could have been #3. The muffs that she kept touching just seemed suspicious. Plus how much did she look like her mom when they showed her with regular earmuffs instead of the blingy earmuffs? She really looked like Princess Leia (btw i'm talking about Billie Lourde's real life mom, Carrie Fisher... not anything from the show. Lol.)

I think I had another red herring... but I can't really remember it now. I think Hester wanted to get Chad in on the killings with her. I also think the scene with Chad and Denise was maybe the funniest part of the series. That and #5 insisting on switching the size to size zero... that was pretty awesome. #5 was just an awesome character. They were all really great.

I'm happy they didn't kill everyone off the way they had planned to. I like this cast and I think they'll get new people to kill off.

I think that is everything I want to say... which is a lot.

One More Note Addressing Haters: 
I feel like Ryan Murphy gets more hate than most other writers on television... and I don't think its deserved. People attribute everything to Bad Writing... but it is a well written show and this is more of a comedy than a horror show... so it might not be the most shocking end in the world... but it was fitting and it was funny.

I complain that in Coven they didn't kill anyone because no one stayed dead... and then complained that they killed too many people in Freak Show too early... and that wasn't good either. I know there is just a little hope for a Season 2 and probably very little hope for Season 2 to continue this story... but I loved the show, I loved the characters... I wasn't bored in any episode and I thought it was very funny and well done. I really really liked it. All of it as a whole was really good and I think they did a fantastic job on it. So... yeah. Haters gonna hate on Ryan Murphy... I'm a fan and this is my favorite thing he's ever written. Probably one of my favorite shows ever. And here's to hoping for Season 2!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f