Skip to main content

Yet another haul. (American Eagle, Bath and Body Works, Sephora, Forever 21, and More!)

Heyyyy guys I realize I shop too much... But I thought I'd share it with you. I've recently done a bit of shopping. I had some gift cards and I just want to buy some new things and all that... So I thought I'd share it with you guys. On Friday I'm going to try to give reviews on some of the beauty items and things like that.

Ulta- quick stop 
I went over to the Nyx display immediately because that's what I always do. I really wanted the butter lipstick or some of the new butter glosses... But I couldn't find them anywhere, but I did see a nice palette called the Wicked Dreams palette. I haven't heard anything amazing about this, but the colors looked interesting, the packaging was nice and there were a lot of colors and a nice variety for 14.99. There are lots of looks I think I can get with this, so I'm excited about this.

Then I had wanted to try the Dewey Finish Setting Spray for forever and so I had to pick this up. I always want something that will give me a more Dewey finish, especially since I've been using more matte foundations with my dry skin. Plus it's supposed to make your foundation last longer and it just seemed like a good thing to get.

Then I saw the Hempz Coconut Watermelon lotion and I wanted to try it. It smells really great. Can't tell that much about the moisturizing effects yet, but I still liked this enough to have it in my favorites, so that's a thing! It's also a travel sized version because I didn't want to commit to the full size before I knew if I liked it. Lol.

And they were giving away free It's A Ten Miracle Leave In Spray conditioners with every purchase. I was happy about this because I always wanted to try it, but never have. I like the smell of it a lot. I need to test it a bit more still.




Sephora 

My friend Cristina and I are Sephora Addicts and I was hanging out with her... and we were there... so we bought stuff!

First I got a Buxum Lipgloss. I have another one and these are my favorite glosses... I always wanted more, but because they are so expensive I hardly ever buy them... but this time I needed it! They came out with some new colors in their full on lip polish line. These lines have all women's names as the name of them and they came out with a really pretty color called Shannon. It had my name all over it! I needed it in my life! Its a nice light purpley pink color. It looks nice and natural but super pretty on the lips. I love these Buxum polishes and I've got my eye on a few more... so I may get more soon...

And I'm almost out of my Maybeline Babyskin primer, so I decided to give Benefit's Porefessional a try. I've been wanted to try this primer for a long time now and I thought why not buy it... so I did. I'm really curious to see how my Rimmel Stay Matte foundation will look with it because I really like that foundation.

Forever 21 

Forever 21 is pretty hit or miss for me... but I love their accessories... so I wanted to stop there.

First I got this really really pretty statement necklace its floral and its got like pink and purple and blue and green in it... I just love it! I really like the jewelry there, this was an $11 necklace whereas I usually buy only the $8 ones... but it was so pretty I thought I needed it.

Then I saw these Dome statement rings that came in a set of three... they're like one size too small,
but I really liked them so I couldn't resist buying them. I'm probably going to wear them mid-knuckle, which I kind of like more... so yeah. Really think these are cool and I'm happy with them. They're more pink in real life than in my shitty pictures, but still... you get the gist. lol.


Then I saw the scarves and got this pretty blue floral scarf... I've been loving scarves and statement necklaces because I've been loving buying a basic tee with a pretty color and dressing it up with a scarf or a statement necklace or something. I feel like there are just soooo many looks to try out that way.

Then I finally found why I went into forever 21 in the first place... this cute polka dot crossbody bag. I love it! It's a very Shannon bag and I'm obsessed. Can't wait to use it!The Pic has a little keychain that can hold headphones. He comes in handy a lot!

Victoria Secret 
 Victoria Secret was having a sale for $5 body mists if you have the pink nation app, and I can't resist! I had been running low on my travel size of Sun Kissed, so I got a full size of that... which was cheaper than the small size oddly enough. lol. This scent is described as Coconut Water and Sunny Vanilla. I would describe it as Sunshine. I've said before if you ever had a tropical barbie or cabbage
patch doll that smelled like a fancy sunscreen or tanning oil... thats what I thought all tanning oil smelled like and I thought that when I was older and I used tanning oil I would smell like that Barbie. This is the grown-up version of that smell.

Then I saw they had a new scent called Hot Crush and I smelled it and I liked it, so I got it! Which is the best way to do things! Its described as Jasmine and Warm Caramel. I think it smells really good and elegant. It reminds me a little of the VS Fantasies Pure Seduction, but there is more of a warmth too it than that. It's really nice and different than a lot of the other pink scents. I feel kind of like a princess when I have it on. I think Jasmine is a kind of princess-y scent.

American Eagle... Long one! 

This is my Favorite store... so I went a little crazy!

First I'll mention the basic tank tops I got. I've said before that I've been super into having basic solid-
color shirts and accessorizing them to make them interesting and American Eagle always has them in fun colors... so I got four! All Neon-y colors. I got a pink, a light blue, a light green, and an oragey-coral color... so that's fun. I'm wearing these in a lot of my other photos too! I love them all sooo much!

I also got a few things from the Made in Italy Collection. They basically have a bunch of stuff that's "inspired by the fashion of Italy" and it's all One-Size and they have a lot of cool stuff in it. Even though it says one size, it doesn't mean one size fits all... its just that everything is one size. I fit in a lot of the stuff, which is surprising because typically I'm curvyier than the average American Eagle shopper...

The first thing that caught my attention was this really pretty floral patterned Dress... it's just sooo soo cute. It looked really flattering on too, which was surprising also. It's a little bit short, but I still like it and I'm going to wear it a lot. I thought it was really pretty and I loved it, so I got it

And then I saw this really cool Skull tank top. It's just grey but the skull has red hearts in his eyes. I absolutely love this top! I think its sooo soo cool. It reminds me of when I was obsessed with Fall Out Boy in High School. I cannot wait to wear this... and I'm probably going to wear this like all day errry day. I just love it!
(sorry my sink mirror is so dirty lol)


And over by the Made in Italy Section was the Sale Section and I saw this really awesome top! It's called the "Aloha Tank" and I didn't really know if I was going to get it when I tried it on cause I wasn't wearing a good bra for it and it was a little flowy and made me look pregnant. I was getting to over a hundred dollars at the register and I told the guy waiting on me that I wasn't going to take that top, but he let me know that it was only $6 because it was on clearance and I had a coupon.... so I couldn't resist that! I've seen Stephanie on EleventhGorgeous wear it and I saw some girl at school wear it and I wanted it in my life. It's just sooo pretty and floral and looking at it makes me happy.

I also picked up a skirt, this is a black and white striped skirt. It's pretty simple, but its got a slit in case I want to Jolie my legs, which I always want to do. I love maxi skirts for the summer, especially casual everyday ones. This is another thing I may layer with one of my basics... I'm doing a post on that soon, so keep an eye out!

And I got some accessories because y'all know I'm a sucker... yes I just y'alled. No I'm not southern and I don't say it in real life... but this is a y'all type of blog.

I saw this cool blue infinity scarf with zig zag designs on it and I really really liked it, and now that I own it, I love it even more. It's sooo soo light! I'm going to rock this with my basic tops and it's going to be awesome. I'm really happy its not too heavy because it's summer time and I don't need heavy material on my neck!

And I got a couple more rings. This one set is a stacking set that I think looks really really cool. I love stacking rings and I really really dig the different pattern on this one.

And this other ring I got I almost passed up, but it just looked it was buy one get one half... so I thought yolo and I'm happy I thought yolo. This is a super pretty ring that will look cool and sophisticated if I'm out getting drinks or something. It kind of looks like an opal, but it isn't! I love fake opal stuff because opal is my birthstone, but it's bad luck to buy opal for yourself... and I don't ask for jewelry as presents a lot... so yeah. I have one opal ring and I had another... but it broke. Hence: It is bad luck to buy yourself opals cause I bought that for myself. Lol. I also just got my nails done with Essie's The Girls Are Out (or some name like that...) which is a really pretty pink, almost "Radiant Orchid" shade with very small micro glitters in it and it looks really good with it. Maybe I'll
go somewhere and buy fancy drinks while I still have my manicure and wear this ring... or maybe I'll ask my boo if he wants to get drinks from the liquor store and watch Netflix cause that's more how we roll. I'll still look super sophisticated though lol.
(no pic for this ring yet... but its pretty!)
Cvs 
cvs was having some good deals this week, so I looked at some stuff there...and I bought some stuff!

L'oreal was buy one get one half off so I got the True Match Lumi foundation. I know I've been talking about how much I love my Rimmel Stay Matte, but I've heard good things about this too. Idk if it's new or not but I've heard two youtubers mention it in their monthly favorites so I thought I'd give it a try. I like the Loreal magic nude liquid powder, but after I was sick last week it's been clinging to the dry spots of my face. Rimmel Stay Matte hasn't been as bad with dry clingyness, but I wanted something a little more Dewey and I've heard this is good for that.

I also got the infallible shadow in the shade burst into bloom since it was half off. It's a super pretty radiant orchid shade, which is the color of the year so I thought I'd get it.

I also picked up another NYC cityproof twistable lip thingmagings cause I liked the other one I got so much. I got Grammercy Park Plum because I like purple. I wanted to get more, but they're not super duper cheap at cvs. Target probably has cheaper ones.

Bath and Body works 

I know I don't need any more body sprays... But I got three more. I got limited edition ones though and ones that smelled the most different from anything I have. I got the Oahu coconut sunset, Maui Hibiscus Beach and London Tulips and Raspberry Tea. These are all limited edition, but Bath and Body works usually brings these back on sale during their semi annual sales... I still wanted to try
them now.

The Oahu was my favorite scent, so I also got the Triple Moisture Body Cream. I love these products and I love the smell, so that makes sense and they have a new Beach Glow Body Lotion that I was super curious about. This was more expensive than the sprays, but I was too curious. I've never self-tanned and had debated getting into it, so I thought why not! The smell is good and if it works well I'll be excited, if not I have no comparison lol. I like the word glow, that entices me! Lol.

And I wanted to try their newly formulated bubble bath for a while, but they're kind of expensive, but since everything was buy three get three free, I figure it's free so it makes sense. Plus I had a gift card, so I didn't go quite as crazy! Lol. I'm excited to try this! I probably won't till I go home this weekend, but still.


Sephora Again 

Yikes! I go here too much! So I was looking at a blush... But then I decided to go near the sample things

So the first thing I saw was they had a sample size of Origins Clear improvement Charchol mask. I've been wanting to try a Charchol Mask, it's supposed to clear pores. There are 4 little pods that have a one-use masks each. I've been interested in this and this was $8. It isn't a huge sample of it or anything, but four uses is good.

Then I got the Too Faced Beauty Blogger Darlings kit, which I am sooo soo excited about! I've been wanting to try the Better than Sex Mascara a lot, the chocolate solei Bronzer I've heard amazing things about and have wanted to try it, I've been wanting to try an eye primer and the face primer seems exciting too. I just bought the Porefessional, so I want to see how this compares. I've always thought Too Faced is one of the better High-end brands, but I've only ever tried their eyeshadow... So now I have some more things to try!

And I had 110 points, so I decided to try one of the samples of the Big Easy bigger than bb cream thingamabob. It's teeny tiny and cute like all of my little samples! This pic shows the packaging and the sizes so that you guys can see the size since they are samples. I think its a pretty good size for the values. The Origins Mask came with 4 pods, but I used one last night! >

Ohhh and at CVS I got the most exciting thing of all... Watermelon Sour Patch Kids!!!!!! And on the Path Ride home I... had an interesting time too. I'll write about that later.

I'll have a review/first impressions on all of these products and some more things I've used a lot of but haven't mentioned on Friday... so stay tuned! Tomorrow I'm doing something kind of new... the idea was partially because of the "stuff I've learned about myself." It's pretty funny lol.

Byeeee!
-Shannon 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f