Skip to main content

Trailer Reviews!

Sooo I've been doing a lot of these trailer reviews and I've seen a lot of trailers for big blockbuster type of movies that look really shitty. Now I'm going to try to do some smaller movies I've never heard of and documentaries. There will still be some bigger movies here too, but a lot of them I've never heard of. Also I'm looking these up on Hulu and it seems like a lot of the popular trailers are for older movies that have been out for a while now... so we'll see what exactly these are all about.

1) Tammy- I've already done a review on the teaser... but I'm hoping this is the actual trailer. Nahhh this is just the teaser again. Still looks really good.

2) Sin City: A Dame To Kill For- I didn't see the original Sin City... but I saw the trailers for that and it looked good. I don't remember it that well because it was out a million years ago, but Imma watch this trailer. Idk. I want to see it because I want to see the original still, but the trailer was super fast and I feel like with the Noir style of the film it should be a bit slower. I just need time for the action to process a little bit. This moved a lot slower than I think the original did. And it's been a long time since the original came back, theres no need to speed things up this month. But JGL is in it... so yeah. I obviously want to see that!

Also damn Frank Miller. Way to pat yourself on the back! The logo at the end says "Frank Miller's Sin City: A Dame To Kill For" and then it says "Screenplay by Frank Miller." I know its based off of a comic book or graphic novel (well I think that at least) but calm your tits on the fame a little bit! Lol.

3) All Cheerleaders Die- Okay, here's one I've never heard of... and judging from the title it seems good. Jk Cheerleaders... but still what a title!

Ohhh wow! At first this looked like it was going to be a Project X type of thing... but damn. It's about 4 cheerleaders who die and this one girl is a witch and brings them back. It looks like a Jennifer's Body type of horror movie, but it looks a little bit darker. Which I love. I actually really liked Jennifer's Body. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I love horror comedies and I thought it was really funny. Did not like Hansel and Gretel get Baked as much as I thought though... but still this could be good.

4) Jersey Boys- This is a bigger movie. I like musicals and the play is supposed to be amazing... but I don't love Frankie Valley all that much... it isn't that I don't like the music, its just I don't know if its music I would want to hear for the length of a play... but the storyline seemed like it could be okay, so meh. We shall see.

It looks really good actually. Christopher Walken looks good in it. The music sounded good... again not sure if I want to see a whole movie with this music though, but it looks like something watchable. It seems interesting and I'm a little sold on Christopher Walken being in it. I'd see this when its on tv for sure, maybe in theaters maybe not.

5) Palo Alto- James Franco and Sophia Coppola? I'm in. I'm probably going to see this movie anyway, but idk what its really about so I should watch the trailer. Ohhh okay Gia Coppola, not Sophia. But they're related and it looks like its a similar style to Sophia Coppola. It looked creepy. Maybe something I don't really want to see. I knew it was kind of about a high school teacher that was into one of his students... but the really creepy part is that it isn't that creepy. James Franco doesn't look like a pervy old man, he just looks like James Franco (a pervy young man). And he seems totally likeable and charming... so what high school girl wouldn't like him?

Its odd how the lack of creepiness of this movie makes it all that much more creepier. Idk.

6) Stage Fright- This looks a lot like sleepaway camp but without the twists. Basically its about a Phantom-of-the Opera type musical production that is being attacked by a killer that happens to wear the same mask as one of the characters. I think this is supposed to be a horror-comedy musical, and it looks a little bit lighter than All Cheerleaders Die, but I think its mostly horror. Hulu Plus also has the first 10 minutes of the movie so I'm going to watch that now. It looks pretty good.

Okay so the musical bits are wayyy over the top... but the horror parts are really bloody and violent. I got to see the first death and the first musical number in the first 10 minutes, so that's a good start. It opens with this Phantom of the Opera- like play that Minnie Driver stars in and her kids see her backstage and her daughter asks her to sign her autograph. She writes and sings "all of life's a song to sing so sing with all your heart." And then the Mom's Manager/boyfriend I believe takes the kids out of the room and the little girl starts singing "All of Life's a Song to sing so sing with all your heart"

Meanwhile backstage a man in the "phantom" mask comes backstage and Minnie Driver thinks its her boyfriend. He starts feeling her up, she's into it and then he takes out a knife and stabs her maliciously. This is all cut with the little girl's performance on stage. There is some beautiful gore in this scene. The mother is stabbed in the throat and blood gushes all over her white roses. It's very gorey... but also symbolic and beautiful. The mother dies and the girl finishes her perfomance... Juxtaposed an image of the logo Stage Fright and the daughter, now grown looking frightened by a nightmare.

So my initial impression of all of this was that Minnie Driver was actually the killer. Even though I knew she died and the trailer shows her death... I still kind of think its her. She didn't seem like just the hero's dead mom... she seemed more. I was also convinced by the fact that its actually a dream that the daughter is having, it could be fake. She could have faked her own death to become a legend and is now jealous by all of the other singers getting attention for a role she made famous. I think that would be a good twist... although I just figured it out so that could make it a bad twist. I don't really know, the movie isn't out yet I haven't seen it... thats just my first instinct!

I think this is an indie movie, I hope its on demand too, I'm hooked now that I've seen the first 10 minutes and think I know who the killer is.

I'm going to leave it there. I wanted to do other trailer reviews, but that one was the most exciting since they have the first 10 minutes too. It looks like a great movie with some great directing. I'm excited!

Byeeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f