Skip to main content

Buzzed Beauty Products: Are They Worth The Hype?


Hey guys! Recently I've been trying out some more buzzed about beauty items... and I thought I'd let you know if they are worth the hype or not.

Face 

Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 foundation- This I feel like was very buzzed... A lot of people on youtube say its their favorite foundation, and it is not a bad foundation... but for my skin it wasn't the best that I've tried. My skin is a little dry, this clings to my dry patches. I was impressed with the long-lasting power of it... I've worn this foundation when I worked in retail and it was amazing, but overall was not my favorite.

NYC Sunny Bronzer- I really like this. This is sort of a "fool-proof" bronzer that is very easy for beginners. I'm just starting to use Bronzers now and this is really great and easy to use. It's only a few dollars too, so it will definitely be a staple for my collection, even when I run out I will repurchase because it does not break the bank at all.

Too Faced Chocolate Solei Bronzer- I've been reaching for this a little more than the NYC Sunny Bronzer... but I'm not sure if this will be quite as much of a holy grail item as that is. I really like it, I love the smell of it. It looks really natural on the skin... it's also pretty fool-proof and beginner friendly. I like it enough that I'll probably repurchase it sometime when I run out, but it's not going to be a staple that I will always need in my life. If a drugstore item does it better, that is what I'll use.

Eyes 

Naked 3 palette- This is the one make up item in my collection that I feel like I probably should not have bought... I don't really have a job and I just spent some Christmas money on this... but I think it's a good thing to invest in. I mean I've already gotten a lot of use out of it. It's great for day-to-day use... but there are so many special occasions that I will use this for also. I'll probably wear this to graduation, I've worn it to a wedding recently, I'll probably wear it to many more also. And that's what I feel I'm paying for, you know? It makes those special events a little more special.

Stila Kitten Eyeshadow/ In The Light Palette- Idk if this is a super buzzed-about palette, but the Kitten Eyeshadow is in it, and that is very buzzed-about so I thought I'd include it. I feel like a lot of youtubers talk about this palette and it is one of my favorites. It has nice shimmery shades and some more matte neutral shades. You could do a totally matte look, a shimmery look or a smokey look... which is unique for a palette I think. The packaging is good and bad- don't love the cardboard because its not safe, but I love that you get big sizes of the shadows and they don't catch fall out. It also comes with a stila smudgestick... which is next! haha! The other thing I don't love is the matte colors aren't as amazingly pigmented as the shimmers. They can be applied wet, and they look great... but other than that... meh.

Stila Smudgesticks- I haven't used these too much, but I do really love them. The color Damsel is like a brownish-black that isn't too harsh, I use that on my upper lash line, sort of like a gel or liquid liner but really easy to use. I've gotten a lot of use out of the mint julep color also, I think that is such a fun pop of color for my lower lashline. These are good for beginners too, pretty fool-proof. I wasn't crazy about it originally, they may not be my favorites, but I like them a lot and I would repurchase them... probably if I had some sort of coupon for sephora or Ulta though, idk if I would on its own. $20 is a lot for an eyeliner.

Maybeline Color Tattoos- These are amazing. The only thing I don't like about them is that they dry out kind of easily... but they can still be worked with. These also have quite a bit of product in them! I have four shades and they are amazing. I tend to stick with the more neutral ones, I've gotten a lot of use out of the Barely Branded, Inked in Pink, and Bad to the Bronze. I haven't gotten as much use out of pomegranate punk, but that is still a great shade that I have been using more recently. Great cream eyeshadows, sometimes hard to apply, but overall I love them. They look good on their own and with other shadows over them.

L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadows- Another favorite! These have a great color range and I feel like they always come up with new colors too. L'oreal is a little pricier... but they do go on sale quite a bit- so you can get these at a reasonable price. The lasting power is as good as the Urban Decay shadows and I love them. I probably don't use them as much because I tend to neglect single shadows for palettes... but I love these!

Wet N' Wild Color Icon Shadows- I love these for the price! The Comfort Zone Palette comes with 8 colors- which is a lot, you can definitely get a lot of looks from it- and it totally compares to my high-end palettes and its under $5. So good! I have one of the trios also in the shade Silent Treatment and that is a great pigmentation and very easy to use. I would say that would be a good make-up starter kit.

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara- I have a sample of this, and I do like it but I feel like I haven't gotten the full "wow" factor that other people seem to be getting. It makes my lashes look nice and full- but I still really like my L'oreal Butterfly mascara... possibly better. I don't know. I may be more impressed with the full size because the wand on the sample size doesn't quite work as well I don't think... but I don't know if its something I need in my life. I like it, but it isn't my all time favorite.

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Kohl Kajal Eyeliner - These are sooo amazing and inexpensive! I've been super impressed with everything I've tried from Rimmel so far, but these are probably my favorite eyeliners of all. They are sooo soo creamy and they just work so well. I would honestly pay wayyy more for the quality of these, but I'm so happy that they're drugstore because they are kind of a holy grail thing for me now.

Lips 

Buxum Lip Gloss- These I absolutely love. I feel like they're worth the money even though $19 is a lot for a lipgloss... it is a great pigmentation and my lips feel great after. I don't feel like I need to reapply a whole lot. I have two shades- one called Shannon that is a really Shannon color in general and I love it. Another one I have is a sparkly burgandy type color that I love for going out and special occasions. These are amazing quality.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain-I only have one shade of these, I haven't tried the newer matte or laquer balms but I like this one a lot. The color I have is Honey, which I feel like goes with a lot of looks and its just a really pretty color. I haven't been reaching for it a lot, but I should make more of an effort too. I really like it.

Stila Lip Glaze- I got a little kit of these and I really really like the colors. They show up nice on the lips. The formula is a little sticky, but they stay on really nicely. I also realized that I've almost finished up a few of them, so I actually got use from these... which makes me really happy. I need to reach for these more too.

Maybeline Baby Lips- These probably aren't the best tinted lip balm ever, but I do really enjoy them. I have the Dr. Rescue and I like the way they feel on my lips. They give more color than I expected, they don't last that long, but they're still pretty good. I like them.

Revlon Lip Butters- I have 2 of these shades, and I neglect these a lot, but I always ALWAYS come back to them. They have nice colors that are pigmented, not totally matte but certainly not glossy and pretty hydrating overall. I should start using these again too... I need to reach for more of these!

Nyx Butter Glosses- These are pretty fantastic too! The color Maple Blondie is probably my favorite drugstore gloss that I own, it's just the perfect pink shade and I love it. These are definitely a gloss and not a liquid lipstick or anything... but they are really pigmented and lovely. I have 3 shades and there are sooo many other cool looking shades that I want to try... I need to hold myself back just a little bit! lol. These are great.

So that is it for now- I'll probably do some more things like this now that I feel like I've tried a lot of stuff that's out there. I'll maybe do this for hair and skin care and put my own things that should be more buzzed about. I know I gave these all pretty good reviews- but they are buzzed about for a reason. I haven't really hated any of these things and I don't regret purchasing any of these things... so that's a good thing.

Byeee!
-Shannon

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f