Skip to main content

Feeling Lovely Friday- Haul Review!

Sooo I have recently hauled some things and I've gotten a chance to try them all out a little bit at least and I thought I'd mention what I thought so far. Some of them have been featured in my favorites... So I probably won't talk about them as much, but if you're curious they'll be in last weeks post.

One thing I used a lot in my "faces of the week" post that I hauled somewhat recently was my Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in whatever Malibu shade they have... Idk what it's called. I do like this a lot, it probably just missed getting mentioned in my favorites because I'm still a little unsure how I should apply it. It isn't all that pigmented using it with a brush. I feel like there could be some more color when I use it with my fingers. Idk, maybe I'm using it wrong, or my hopes were just too high. I have been liking it... But I feel like I expected wayyy too much from this. It's expensive for a drugstore product too, so I would not pay full price for this.

I already mentioned this in my favorites, but I love the NYC cityproof twistable lip colors. I think they're so easy to apply, great price. There is a big selection of colors, but there aren't all that many colors I really want to try, idk maybe I'll pick up a nude shade or something... But I'm not super into the nude shades, I like the shades of these that have color. It's really hard to find a vibrant lipstick that's easy to apply and doesn't feather and I think these are great for that. They don't have the best lasting power and you do have to build it a little with the lighter shades like Fulton Street Fuscia, but they are nice colors and I like them better than a lot of the other crayon- type of colors. And this is a few days later and my cap came off in my purse. Frustrating, still love these.

The NYC Sunny Bronzer is the first full on Bronzer I've ever used and I like it. I'm still getting used to not looking like a crazy person when I bronze and contour, but this is pretty fool proof. I liked the packaging immediately. I feel like NYC does try to make their packaging for the "New York girl on the go" type of thing... Which I like. I've mentioned some if the packaging, like their expert last lipstick is not so good, but other than that I like the way they design their products. Actually , this is a
 few days later, I've gotten better at applying it. I don't try to contour I just bronze along the hollows of my cheek and it looks wayyy more natural.

The Nyx Wicked Dream Palette is not the most pigmented palette ever... I do like the color variety and I kind of like the softness of the color of the shadows, but these are not great shadows. I still think it's a great variety for 14.99 so if you don't mind shadows that aren't the most pigmented, this is fine... But I'm not thrilled with it. The Wet N Wild Palettes are a lot cheaper for a lot less money. We'll duh cheaper is less money... Lol I meant they were more pigmented at a lower cost. They don't have quite as many colors in their color icon palettes, but they are great shadows. The packaging for the Wicked Dreams palette is okay. It's not too big so it's easy to travel with but at the same time the shadows are very close together. Since they are a little more powdery (not totally chalky), there is some fallout that falls into different shadows... So just keep that in mind and be careful. You can work with these, it's not an awful palette, I will get a lot of use out of it... But it's not the best.

I love the Nyx dewey finish setting spray though! Sometimes I feel like I may spray it too much, but then I just try to air it dry myself or wipe it around my face, which doesn't seem to hurt it at all. It does give a nice Dewey finish to my face. I don't have oily skin, but I've heard Emily Noel likes it a lot and she has oily skin. I've never used a setting spray before, so I don't have a comparison... But I didn't think that this would give a luminous glow and make my make up stay on longer. It seemed to good to be true, but it is not! This is an amazing product. I guess I haven't actually tested the longevity to its fullest yet, but I like what I have tried from it.

I just tried the It's a Ten Miracle Leave in spray for its main use,which is to put it in your hair after you've shampooed and conditioned and comb it through. It worked really well that way! I really really liked it,I have dry and tangly hair so anything that can tame and detangle that works for me. I've used it just as a spray too to try to add some moisture... Meh. Wasn't as impressed as with my
Loreal oils, but I probably haven't used it enough to see a huge difference.

The Buxom gloss in the shade Shannon I love, I know I love Buxum glosses and this is more wearable than my other color. Buxom glosses are really pigmented, they smell like cupcakes but they have a minty tingly plumping sensation. Also it's named Shannon!  How could I not love this!

The Body mists obviously I like since I liked the scents and I knew what they smelled like, so there weren't any surprises there... The Beach Glow body lotion is interesting... I haven't used it that much but it does definitely bronze the skin up. I feel really really glowy right now, there's a lot of actual sparkle in the product..I'll let you know how this works out. I may use an old glove or something as a tanning glove cause it made my hands all shiny. The bubblebath I love the scent of, but I only take baths when I'm at home, so I don't know about this quite yet.

The beach glow I also have to say doesn't stay as dark and shimmery overnight. It doesn't wear all that well, I would apply it before you go out instead of the night before. I'd do like 2 hours before maybe. I feel like I am a little tanner, and again this is just after one use so I can't be sure. The scent is really nice too and it lingers for a while. It's pretty moisturizing too, my arms feel very smooth a day later.

The Origins Charchol Mask pod I saw immediate results with! I noticed that my skin felt a lot smoother, especially my nose! I think I had some white heads on before and I cannot feel them at all right now. There was one spot that I noticed a breakout on... I hope it wasn't from this, I don't see why it would just give me one small breakout and clear everything else up. My skin looks really good right now... May need to invest in this mask in the future! It also made my skin feel better the next morning and I noticed a difference when I was applying my make-up. I was applying new make up though, so maybe that is why. My chin is also really smooth. I really like this mask!

I really liked the L'oreal true match Lumi. It's less full coverage than the Rimmel foundation,but better coverage than the other Loreal foundation. My skin just looks nice and bright I like it a lot. It isn't a bad coverage and it wears really well too. It feels really light and natural on the skin too. It's really nice.

This new foundation also got me to try out the beautyblender dupe thingamaging that I bought a while ago and I thought it did a great job. I think Rimmel Stay Matte and L'oreal TrueMagic work better applying it with your fingers, but this foundation looks a little deweyier with the help of a damp blender sponge thingy. I like this one better than the Up&Up one!

I've tried the L'oreal infallibles before and I really love them. They last as long as the Urban Decay
shadows and I just love them. This color is very pretty, but I think its a little less bright on the eyes than it is in the container. I may need to try it out and work with it better. I still love the color, but idk if I like it as much as the other two Infallible shadows that I have.

The Two Faced products were all really nice. The Chocolate Solei bronzer is still a bit dark for me and I'm not all that used to bronzers yet, so this is a totally new thing. The eyeshadow primer was pretty nice, Idk if I like it better than the Urban Decay Primer Potion (that I only used once actually lol.) but overall it makes shadows look nice. I don't think it works that great with a color tattoo on top of it, but it might be because my color tattoo is a bit dry. The Better Than Sex Mascara probably isn't as good as the name implies, but it did make my lashes look really long and dramatic. I feel like the sample size may not be ideal for this product, however because the brush size is really
big.The face primer was really nice too. Not sure how it compares with the benefit Porefessional, but it felt a lot nicer applying it than the benefit one. The Benefit and the Maybeline Babyskin work well, but it feels like I'm rubbing plastic on my face, which I don't mind... but this is a nice change from that.

I feel like I wasn't getting a whole lot of product from the sample of the face primer. I know you don't need a whole lot...but it just didn't feel like the sample size was enough. Other than that I think the samples are nice sized amounts and the value is pretty good. It was $20 for four products, so it was about $5 each. Seems maybe a bit pricey for the amount of the primers that they give you, but the bronzer and the mascara will last a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f