Skip to main content

Things I've Learned About Myself

These are kind of random... Some might be deeper than others, but here are some things I have recently learned about myself.

1) I have a lot of recurring themes in my dreams. I've had a lot of dreams about Harry Potter, going to Prom/some big high school event, losing my shoes, driving and a lot of dreams wondering around a mall I don't know that looks vaguely familiar. I feel like I can kind of analyze some of them, but I'm not really an expert or anything. For example my dreams about driving used to always happen when I was a teenager about to get my license. I still don't have my license, but I don't get these dreams as often as I used to. It pretty much always goes that my mom is somewhere (usually my grandparents house I think) and for some reason I need to drive myself home. There are usually toys in the back seat, but like older toys that I don't have anymore and I go like "oh that's where they are." I feel like this is just a dream about growing up and trying to make mature and responsible decisions. I don't want to drive the car because I don't know how to drive, but I always know I have to anyway.

My most recent dream like this was a little different though. I'm not totally sure where I was, but I had to drive my moms car home and in this dream I could see out the window... usually I only see the back seat and not the front. And there weren't any toys there was a little girl that I was afraid I was going to hit. I feel like this is a symbol of me looking into my future instead of my past and how it will effect others... very deep actually.It felt like a nightmare at the time, but now I think it might be more positive?

As for the Harry Potter dreams I just think that's something cool. I have more Breaking Bad dreams than Harry Potter dreams now. And I'm always at the mall, I worked at a mall for years so that makes sense. Losing my shoes I still don't understand, but I haven't had one of those dreams in a really long time. And prom doesn't happen often, but its happened at least twice.

2) On TV, I almost prefer when a couple is together on the show and gets married rather than when they have the whole "will they or won't they" going on... although I am liking New Girl and The Mindy Project for those reasons... I feel like there's something about the relationships that usually make the show stronger. I just want people to be with the love of their life and be married forever. Monica and Chandler were my favorite couple on Friends, not Ross and Rachel. I think Parks and Rec has been way more interesting now that Ben and Leslie are together and April and Andy are together. I don't know, there's just something to the whole tv relationship thing that I really like.

3) I'm a believer in Astrology. I mean to some extent, if I hear someone talking about astrology I'll kind of think it's bullshit... but I know there's something to it. I'm a Libra and I feel like my life is all about balance. That is probably why I like it so much in television when couples get together... lol. I'm very indecisive because I'm very open-minded and I weigh decisions of both sides. Even if I disagree with someone, unless they say something totally ignorant I will see their side of the argument.

4) Another reason why I believe in astrology is that I've only ever been attracted to Capricorns and maybe a few other Libras. I've read things that say Libras admire Capricorn's and I totally believe that. I wouldn't be attracted to someone I didn't have any respect for, and because Libras respect Capricorns... it just makes sense to me. I also feel like a lot of the Capricorn traits do balance out the Libra traits... so it makes sense to me. I don't know. There's something to that.

5) I feel like I'm kind of a jealous person in general, but not with relationships really. I don't know I feel like it would be super hard to make me jealous or angry. I do think that sometimes girls need to know when to back off of guys... and a lot of times I'll be jealous of things that other people have... but I don't think I'll ever be super jealous to the point where it keeps me up at night plotting revenge or something like that. I kind of feel like I'm living the best life that I can live, another person's life might be great for them... but it wouldn't be for me really because I like who I am. Sometimes I'll be jealous of what another person has... but it wouldn't be a jealousy that lasts very long. This is
probably a more recent thing that's happened. Not sure when exactly, I feel like I was super jealous of people in high school... but whatever. My life is more stable now I think, so I guess that makes sense.

6) Back to dreams- I've pretty much only had romantic dreams about comedians in the past 5 years or so. Zach Galifinakis, Aziz Ansari, Joel McHale, Doug Benson I think was in there. These aren't people I find attractive in real life but I am quite a big fan of the first 3... not that I don't like Doug Benson, but I don't know him all that well to say that I like him or not. There has also been the cast of Glee a few years ago, The Red Power Ranger, and other people that I've been attracted to in real life. And Jesse Pinkman maybe. That's about it. I read that sex dreams are about people that you want to be more like, and these weren't sex dreams... but I guess I want to be more like those people since I do want to be a comedian. When the Glee dreams happened i watched A TON of Glee... same with Breaking Bad and Power Rangers... but I do admire the leadership skills and fighting power of the Red Power Ranger... so that makes sense.

I also posted this a day before I should have... Oops.

Byeeeeee!
-Shannon



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...