Skip to main content

Things I've Learned About Myself

These are kind of random... Some might be deeper than others, but here are some things I have recently learned about myself.

1) I have a lot of recurring themes in my dreams. I've had a lot of dreams about Harry Potter, going to Prom/some big high school event, losing my shoes, driving and a lot of dreams wondering around a mall I don't know that looks vaguely familiar. I feel like I can kind of analyze some of them, but I'm not really an expert or anything. For example my dreams about driving used to always happen when I was a teenager about to get my license. I still don't have my license, but I don't get these dreams as often as I used to. It pretty much always goes that my mom is somewhere (usually my grandparents house I think) and for some reason I need to drive myself home. There are usually toys in the back seat, but like older toys that I don't have anymore and I go like "oh that's where they are." I feel like this is just a dream about growing up and trying to make mature and responsible decisions. I don't want to drive the car because I don't know how to drive, but I always know I have to anyway.

My most recent dream like this was a little different though. I'm not totally sure where I was, but I had to drive my moms car home and in this dream I could see out the window... usually I only see the back seat and not the front. And there weren't any toys there was a little girl that I was afraid I was going to hit. I feel like this is a symbol of me looking into my future instead of my past and how it will effect others... very deep actually.It felt like a nightmare at the time, but now I think it might be more positive?

As for the Harry Potter dreams I just think that's something cool. I have more Breaking Bad dreams than Harry Potter dreams now. And I'm always at the mall, I worked at a mall for years so that makes sense. Losing my shoes I still don't understand, but I haven't had one of those dreams in a really long time. And prom doesn't happen often, but its happened at least twice.

2) On TV, I almost prefer when a couple is together on the show and gets married rather than when they have the whole "will they or won't they" going on... although I am liking New Girl and The Mindy Project for those reasons... I feel like there's something about the relationships that usually make the show stronger. I just want people to be with the love of their life and be married forever. Monica and Chandler were my favorite couple on Friends, not Ross and Rachel. I think Parks and Rec has been way more interesting now that Ben and Leslie are together and April and Andy are together. I don't know, there's just something to the whole tv relationship thing that I really like.

3) I'm a believer in Astrology. I mean to some extent, if I hear someone talking about astrology I'll kind of think it's bullshit... but I know there's something to it. I'm a Libra and I feel like my life is all about balance. That is probably why I like it so much in television when couples get together... lol. I'm very indecisive because I'm very open-minded and I weigh decisions of both sides. Even if I disagree with someone, unless they say something totally ignorant I will see their side of the argument.

4) Another reason why I believe in astrology is that I've only ever been attracted to Capricorns and maybe a few other Libras. I've read things that say Libras admire Capricorn's and I totally believe that. I wouldn't be attracted to someone I didn't have any respect for, and because Libras respect Capricorns... it just makes sense to me. I also feel like a lot of the Capricorn traits do balance out the Libra traits... so it makes sense to me. I don't know. There's something to that.

5) I feel like I'm kind of a jealous person in general, but not with relationships really. I don't know I feel like it would be super hard to make me jealous or angry. I do think that sometimes girls need to know when to back off of guys... and a lot of times I'll be jealous of things that other people have... but I don't think I'll ever be super jealous to the point where it keeps me up at night plotting revenge or something like that. I kind of feel like I'm living the best life that I can live, another person's life might be great for them... but it wouldn't be for me really because I like who I am. Sometimes I'll be jealous of what another person has... but it wouldn't be a jealousy that lasts very long. This is
probably a more recent thing that's happened. Not sure when exactly, I feel like I was super jealous of people in high school... but whatever. My life is more stable now I think, so I guess that makes sense.

6) Back to dreams- I've pretty much only had romantic dreams about comedians in the past 5 years or so. Zach Galifinakis, Aziz Ansari, Joel McHale, Doug Benson I think was in there. These aren't people I find attractive in real life but I am quite a big fan of the first 3... not that I don't like Doug Benson, but I don't know him all that well to say that I like him or not. There has also been the cast of Glee a few years ago, The Red Power Ranger, and other people that I've been attracted to in real life. And Jesse Pinkman maybe. That's about it. I read that sex dreams are about people that you want to be more like, and these weren't sex dreams... but I guess I want to be more like those people since I do want to be a comedian. When the Glee dreams happened i watched A TON of Glee... same with Breaking Bad and Power Rangers... but I do admire the leadership skills and fighting power of the Red Power Ranger... so that makes sense.

I also posted this a day before I should have... Oops.

Byeeeeee!
-Shannon



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f