Skip to main content

Feeling Lovely Friday: April Favorites!!!!

Sooo it is the beginning of a new month and I have quite a few favorite things right now. April was good to me! Let's just get into it!

Make Up 

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation- You guys have heard me talk about this before. I didn't think I was going to like it at all, heard so-so things about it. Didn't rush to buy it even though I sort of wanted to try it. Influenster sent it to me in my Voxbox and... it is AMAZING! I've been using this like every day, its a really great coverage, its matte but it doesn't cling to my dry spots... it just makes me feel nice and confident. It's also really affordable, so even though I was sent it, I totally wouldn't mind repurchasing it! 

NYC Expert Last Lipstick- Again, this was a product I was sent to in Influenster, but they had so many other great colors I decided to pick up some more. I like the formula, the staying power is good and the color is great. I didn't like the big bold lip gloss because it smelled like baby powder, but this smells really good. They kind of felt drying to me at first, but some of them actually feel moisturizing to me now. I don't know if thats because I've been wearing a balm under it most of the time or because I've been topping it off with gloss or something. Either way I've been really liking these.

NYC Cityproof Twistable Lip Pencil- Since I liked the lipstick so much I decided to pick up some other NYC products and this is the perfect on-the-go lip product. It's easy to apply and the packaging is great and really cute actually. I've been really liking it.

Maybeline Master Hi-Light Bronzer in Light Bronze- This is amazing. It gives such a nice color and a surprisingly nice highlight to it too. Really been into this, especially for the summer. I really like all the new Maybeline face products that have come out. I'm slowly becoming a blush person and I think that they are probably some of the easiest and best drugstore Blushes.

Sephora Blush Duo in Guava Glow- I love this color! It's so nice for spring. These blushes are really nicely pigmented and even though they are a more "high end" blush, they really aren't much more expensive than drugstore blushes. I think this will be a great blush duo for summer. 

Wet N' Wild Comfort Zone Palette- I love Wet N' Wild eyeshadows. This is something I had bought a little while ago, but I have so many palettes this tends to get overlooked. In my How-Tosday I talked about my go-to spring look using this palette and it's really great and simple for any time of year... but I happen to like how it works with the next product, so that's why its "springy"

Stila Smudgestick in Mint Julep- I really like the Stila Smudgesticks and I was excited that they came out with more colors, so I had to pick this up with the sephora coupon I got. This just adds sooo much to a look that it gives it a nice springy pop of color. These are also sooo creamy and easy to use that you really cannot go wrong with them.

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eyeliner in Nude- This is sooo creamy and sooo pigmented. It's a really nice way to trick people into thinking that you got sleep when you really didn't. I love it for that because... I need to trick some people. Let's be real here!

Hair 
  Not Your Mothers Beach Babe Texturizing Spray and Hair Cream- I dig this, I mentioned this in my "it list" and in my shower routine... not gonna go too into detail but its good. I like the curlyness and texture it gives my hair... and it has a nice smell. It's perfect for summer and I love it. It makes my hair slightly crunchy sometimes though... which is why I have another favorite...

L'oreal Total Repair 5 Extraordinary Oil- I just got this a little while ago and its nice for de-
crunchy my crispy hair from styling products. I like the Dry oil from the same line too, but I think this is just a tad more hydrating and I kind of like the pump instead of the spray. I don't totally love the smell... but I can live with that.

Body Products 

Raspberry Scrub from The Body Shop- Ohhh my gosh guys! This is fantastic. I mentioned it in my haul and my shower routine... but this is just probably the best body product I've ever used. It just makes my skin feel so soft and smooth and it smells amazing and I love it! It's made with actual raspberry seeds and it has a jelly texture, so I guess that makes it extra exfoliating. I am hooked on this stuff and will probably continue using this for a long time.

Paris Amour body butter and Triple Moisture Body Cream- I got these on sale a while ago and I'm just starting to use them now... and I love them. I usually like the Body Butters a lot more, but I was surprised at how great the Triple Moisture Body Cream was. I was just really impressed by it all and I really love the smell.

Hempz Fresh Coconut and Watermelon Body Moisturizer- I had kind of wanted to try this before and I was at the checkout line at Ulta and decided to grab this little sample size. I just bought this, so I don't really know if its an incredibly miracle-working moisturizer... but I love the smell of it! It's so unique and watermelony but also you can smell the coconuts and they're really good. Its almost a perfumey type of smell, like I feel like I could wear this with no body spray and smell really good.

Television 

Trophy Wife- I watched the pilot of this show and I really liked it, but I forgot when it was on and stuff so I kind of forgot about it. My aunt started watching it recently and told me how funny it was and that they had a Christmas episode that was like The Hangover and it is really funny. The kids are cute, Malin Akerman is sooo lovely and funny. Bradley Whitford is really funny too, and I don't
remember her name, but the woman that plays the second wife, Jackie is super funny also. Lucy from Parks and Rec is on it also and she's really funny. It's just a cute and enjoyable show.


Bobs Burgers- I've mentioned this before, but since season 3 just came on Netflix, I thought I needed to mention it again. Such a funny show. Been loving it!

Podcasts 

I don't always listen to podcasts but when I do... they become my favorite thing. 

Who  Charted- This is a podcast where they mention different music charts and the top 5 movie charts with funny guest stars and its just fun to listen to. I like knowing what different famous funny people think about different music and movies, even if they don't see or listen to them. It's just a fun show that everyone who likes pop culture can appreciate.

Sklarbro Country- I didn't know if I would like this podcast because its kind of supposed to be a sports podcast, but I like the Skalar brothers and I liked a lot of the guests that they had on the show. They've recently had Max Greenfield from New Girl and TJ Miller from Silicone Valley... plus they had one of my favorite people ever on the show... Nia Vardalos. They're just interesting to listen to and I think that they are always really great to their guests. They're always super interested to interview them, and even if its someone that they've never met before- like Nia Vardalos- they're very interested and just really good hosts. They're probably some of the smartest guys in comedy and they actually seem super nice and down to earth as well. If I were going to be on a podcast, I'd want someone like them as a host because sometimes people can be mean and disrespectful and not let you get your point across.Randy and Jay always seem super interested in everything their guest has to say and I like that. That's why I like a lot of podcasts I listen to. Who Charted has good hosts that are really good with that also, although usually they're all friends and people that know each other
already... but still. Its nice to have a host that is genuinely interested in you.  

I think that's it... This was a great month for favorites. Really loved everything I tried and watched and listened to... This month is going to be busy and I'm excited, I've got finals and stuff coming up... So let's see what happens here! Alrighty!

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f