Skip to main content

Woman Crush Wednesday: Jessica St. Clair and Lenon Parham

Loving the ladies of the new show "Playing House" and here is why:

1) They have an adorable friendship- It's really great to see them on playing house because the two women are best friends in real life and they work together so brilliantly. They know all of each other's strength's and weaknesses and they play off each other and it just works so so well for them.

2) They are so so cute in interviews together- I love them together on interviews. I listened to The Nerdist podcast with them and Jessica knew all of Lennon's strengths and Lennon knew Jessica's as well. Jessica loved the way that Lennon could impersonate people that they just met and imitate them but she couldn't do it if you asked her to. Jessica can improvise also and is very funny,but she can't impersonate people on the spot like Lennon. The Comedy Bang Bang podcast they did recently also shows this.

3) The story of how they met shows that they are each other's biggest fans- Jessica saw Lennon do a show and she fell in love with her immediately and knew that she had to work with her. Lennon must have liked Jessica too because they became such great friends! I might be creeped out by some people, but the fact that Lennon and Jessica created a friendship based on respect for one another in their careers shows why they work so well together, especially in comedy! It's just so so perfect for them!

4) They helped bring comedy to a network that had mostly dramas- This is super important! I thought that comedy was dying when Community and so many other good comedies got cancelled... But this renewed my love for comedy altogether and I am a firm believer that female comedies are underrated and there should be more of them. We don't need another Bachelor type of show or another show about guys hitting on girls and saying how easy girls are, or a drama that barely ever shows women. We need this show and it's a bold choice from USA but it's working and it's fantastic!

5) They didn't let a failed show ruin their career/friendship- Lennon and Jessica also had a show on NBC a few years ago called BFF, which I never watched, I've heard good things about it... But it was cancelled after a few episodes. They didn't let that keep them from trying a new show. It's not like anything else on tv and it's just really cute and good.

6) They use a lot of their real quirks and stuff on shows that they do- On the Nerdist podcast interview with the two of them, Jessica mentions that she can't watch scary movies, but she does let Lennon describe what happens in scary movies to her. This is similar to what happens on an episode of Playing House where Lennon's character forces Jessica's character- Emma- to watch a scary movie. Emma is saying that she can't watch it and it's terrible and all of this stuff and I was like "awww that's an actual real life quirk of theirs." It just made the show and the friendship between the two of them feel more realistic.

7) I love seeing shows and movies about female friendships- I think this is something EVERYONE can relate to. Well a lot of girls. There are so many shows about bromances and groups of friends with mostly male characters and all sorts of things like that... but there aren't many shows that have a realistic female friendship. It's what I love about Broad City, its why I liked the movie For A Good Time Call... it's just something I've been liking a lot lately and its so hard to find a good one. This is such a good example of a girl friendship.

8) I like how they interact with guest stars/ other comedians- I love the show @midnight, as I have mentioned many times, but it's not for everyone. It's sometimes hard to watch different comedians try to interact with each other, but they did great with Rob Huebel and Chris Hardwick. They were also great on the nerdist podcast and it all in all shows how great they can be together. If you listen to them on... Yet another podcast, how did this get made,you see that too.


9) The Humor on the show is just great- hands down totes funny.

10) I want to be their bffs-  I feel like this goes without saying, but I feel like I can be their friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f