Skip to main content

Feeling Lovely Friday: May Favorites

Skincare 

Origins Charcoal Mask- if there is one thing on this favorites list I can absolutely recommend to anyone and everyone, it would be the Origins Charcoal mask. It is sooo soo amazing. I've talked about it in my it list, but this is just one of those amazing things that I could see immediate results with and I absolutely loved! It really cleaned my pores, it made my skin feel nice and smooth and it had a nice glow to it. I really really liked this. I'm probably going to buy a full sized because it was just soo soo good. It is $24, but honestly you only need to use it about once a week. It just worked really nicely and I love it. I know Freeman has a charcoal mask too which I may need to give a try next time I see it... We shall see!

Make up 

Loreal True Match Lumi Foundation- I know last month I raved about my Rimmel stay matte, and it kind of seems like I have a new favorite foundation every month, but this one is really great! I still love the Rimmel one because it's a bit easier to apply than this, but I'll get to that in a little bit. This gives a really nice glowy Dewey finish. I think it's one of the best I've tried. It's probably tied with the Rimmel for my favorite.

Nyx Wicked Dreams Palette- this is something I didn't love when I first purchased it. It looked kind of exciting and I sort of wanted to try it... So I thought why not give it a go... And I actually love it. It isn't the most pigmented of palettes, but it gives such a nice range of colors that you could get a lot of different looks using this alone. It's something you've got to work with a bit, but it's mostly worth working it.

Buxum lipgloss in Shannon- duhhh I had to get this! It had my name all over it! Lol! It's really a nice color besides the name alone. It's a beautiful pinky lavender, really good for summer. If you like just a little bit of color for everyday wear, this is amazing. Loves it!

NYC Sunny. Bronzer- I've been on a bit of an NYC kick recently and this is probably the best product I've actually gotten from them thus far. It's a sort of fool proof Bronzer and I like that.

Too Faced Chocolate Solei Bronzer- again kind of a fool proof matte Bronzer, although it is a little darker and scarier. It also smells like chocolate and is amazing.

Tools 

Blending Sponge- this is a beauty blender dupe. Idk what the beauty blender itself is like because I refuse to pay $29 for a sponge. I also don't remember the brand name of this particular one, but it was 4.99 at Harmon and looked exactly like the beauty blender. This is my favorite way to use the True Match Lumi foundation because it makes it look a little more Dewey and beautiful. I quite like it!

Elf Bronzer Brush- I found this gem at target and it looked super helpful. It gives me the perfect not quite contoured look that I like with my bronzers and it's good for highlighting too! I also don't want to pay too much for brushes, especially when Elf makes such good ones for like $3 at the most!

Smells 

Bath and Body Works Oahu- this is my new go to summer smell. I absolutely love it! I have a ridiculous amount of bath and body works sprays, but this one is the one I have been grabbing most recently and it smells absolutely amazing, like summer in a bottle. It is sooo soo good! I would stock up during the semi-annual sale... But I have a ridiculous amount of BBW sprays so I'm okay right
now.

I've also been using the Body Glow Lotion a bit more and I totally love it! It gives such a nice glow to the skin. I may buy these during the semi annual sale...even though I can't totally justify it... Lol. This is great though, highly recommend it!

TV 

I have been loving Playing House on USA! They have such an amazing cast, it's really funny. I just posted my review of The Other Woman and I loved the female friendship between those women, but this female friendship is much more natural because the two leads are best friends in real life. They are sooo soo funny together too, I just think it all works greatly!

I've also been loving Silicon Valley! This show just keeps getting better and funnier and I love it so much! I've been watching it with my boo and we both enjoy it. He's sort of starting his own business and it is an internet based thing

Sooo those are all of my favorites for this month and this will be my last Feeling Lovely Friday on this blog. I just posted my "how to be a better blogger" and I realized that this is sort of limiting my creativity for other posts... And I decided to start a whole separate beauty blog! Yayyy! So it is called Scribbles about Beauty, I will try to post there quite often, but I'm not sure how it will work. I wanted to keep this one mainly about real life experiences and I thought I'd be a bit more personal. So I think next Friday I will have a Top 5 Friday- which will be more of like Top 5 things that happened to me during the week or like a list of things I like that week or something like that. I may just do a weekly recap, I may do favorites, I may do something like a playlist. I don't know,

Anyway you can check out scribbles about beauty Here if you are interested or like these posts or whatnot! I'd like that a lot!

Anyhoo that is it!

Byeeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f